Register now to get rid of these ads!

So... What didja do this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Gary, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I treated my neighbors to a round of obscenities yelled at the top of my lungs as I tried to install the exhaust manifolds and gaskets on the Chevy myself...got 'em on there finally, no cops showed up...so maybe the folks in da hood are getting a little more tolerant!

Oh yeah...also mounted a coolant overflow reservoir on the beast.

Not much progress, but better than nothing I suppose!

2. SKR8PN

SKR8PN

Well.............I finally got off my ass and spent the day workin on SKR8PN,the truck. First time in about a month that I have touched it.I just can't seem to get excited about it,and, I am finding it more and more difficult to get the old enthusiasm for this truck back [​IMG] [​IMG] But I digress........
    I installed the trans dipstick and tube and fluid,oil in the engine,gas in the tank,set the timing,hung the dash in it, stuck a few other little bits and pieces on,and lit it off. First time in over 2 years it has been ALIVE and the first time the 408 stroker motor has EVER been fired in the truck,and on fuel injection [​IMG] [​IMG]
    NO LEAKS,NO RUNS,NO ERRORS [​IMG]
    Willy came RUNNIN' out of the house,into the shop,slid to stop and said "I heard THAT!!!" She said it's the first time in a LONG time she has seen me smile over this truck [​IMG]
    Hell.....she boinked my brains out this morning,and the truck fired this afternoon [​IMG]
    Life is beginning to get good,all over again [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. I ran about 25 gallons of gas thru my truck, hammerin' the shit out of it every chance I got [​IMG] [​IMG].....hung out with friends, drank beer, walked thru a 600-car cruise-in, bought junk I didn't need............life is GOOD! [​IMG]

4. Flexicoker

Flexicoker

Friday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saturday:

Formula SAE training in the 1987 and 1991 Cars, those things are QUICK!!! Even with a slipping clutch and bad 80's paint, '87 was the fastest thing I've ever driven. powered by a 600cc Kawasaki motorcycle engine. And for you SCCA guys, that guy on the right in the last picture is Dr. Bob Woods, he just had an award named after him, and he is one badass driver. I learn from the best [​IMG] Oh, and for all you Arlington guys, thats the big UTA parking lot on Cooper, you should drop by some Saturday

thumbs up baby!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Too much adrenaline to get my helmet off
    [​IMG]

5. DRD57

DRD57

I put the fenders and running boards on my 32 roadster. Just a few most loose ends to tie up and this will be a driver.

Attached Files:

6. atch

atch

put ball joints and brakes on my daily driver ('72 ss el camino).

7. 46mopar

46mopar

It rained most of last week around where and I have so much yard work to catch up on so it only seemed right that I spent most of Saturday on a small junk yard tour with lulabelle. We hit two places that I think are close to my house but he drives me in circles so I can't go there with out him. The first place was ok but the second was pretty good. I got a hood,door,tailgate and a rear fender for my winter project. Sorry guys no picture because someone forgot the camera.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Don, That's one of the baddest '32 roadsters ever. I know it's not world famous (except being owned by you) but the story behind how you got it can't be beat. If it were mine I'd be tempted to leave it just the way it is. That is except for putting about a billion miles on it. I don't know why but everytime I see a picture of it Gray Baskerville's '32 comes to mind.

Frank

9. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow Frank, I was think the same thing. Looks good Don.

10. nobux

nobux

My garage was looking a little empty, so I picked up a filler piece. The wife wasn't impressed. I don't know if it was because of the new 30 A sedan (Check out the #23 on the doors and back!) or the fact that we drove 40 miles home at 30mph. Shoulda brought a bigger truck!

[​IMG]

11. I put plugs and wires on my 96 Impala. Took me all fucking day. At one point I was ready to push it out in the driveway and set fire to it. Ive invented new words for the stupid ass that designed the opti-spark that this car is known for. This car, although it looks bad-ass, is a pain in my ass and I think Im going to sell it. Maybe I can find someone to trade me a 3/4 ton truck for it. Other than that spent the weekend with the family.

12. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

saturday morning i put the 52 dodge 2dr in the field for safe keeping,until someone needs it more than me,today i tigged up some holes and cracks in the 53 ford.about ready to paint the roof.

13. Steel Phoenix

Steel Phoenix

I don't know... if my husband brought that home, I'd be pretty impressed!

Anyway, my husband (mr_autotude) and I spent a wet Saturday afternoon getting THIS home:

[​IMG]
    Obligatory early Trailer Queen photo #1

[​IMG]
    Obligatory early Trailer Queen photo #2

[​IMG]
    Obligatory early Trailer Queen photo #3

[​IMG]
    Here she is! Safe and sound.

What a fiasco it was! La Buick was on a trailer when we went to see her and the seller said we could use it to get her home. So we thought we'd get her home using my brother-in-law's (Ford Fairlane) Bronco. Wasn't gonna happen. After much frustration, we decided to go ahead and call a towing company to bring out a flatbed to bring her home.

The only pisser about it was we missed the Rumblers show.

14. Wired brushed, sanded, and sprayed Harley parts.

Repeat above more times than you can bare. That's what I did. Damn near wore out my Dremel.

15. parkwood60

parkwood60

poked around the junk yard looking for good steel wheels and tires in a 15"x7". Found a good set of four, bought some tires from manny moe and jack, swapped them for the wore out 14's on my 60 chevy.

Anyone want some 14"x6" chevy steel wheels? Also some beat up 14" snap on "moon" discs? Come and get em. I'm in L.A.

16. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I did a master cylinder swap in my '57, the old manual single piston for a '67 mustang dual piston manual unit. I've never done a master cylinder swap before, but it went pretty good considering. Running the new lines was a nightmare, no parts stores had the right fittings. But it's together and though it needs some adjustment, it's good enough for now. I also brought home some new parts I scored while I've been here at school, a continental kit and a set of headers. Hardcore winter project in the works

17. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Friday. Picked the doors for the 47 up from the blaster, got the camera out to take pictures-camera refused to operate as desired-threw camera, violently against tool box, box survied, camera will never cause me trouble again- [​IMG]spent the rest of the day leveling the new range for the wife.
    Saturday.. spent the morning watching an impromptu garage sale in my drive hosted by two sons and one of the daughters-in-law.
    Saturday afternoon.. hammered and dollied dents in the doors. Drank some adult beverages, ate supper, browsed the HAMB(fell asleep in the chair)
    Sunday... Mowed the lawn, took the Caddy for a drive, moved the 47 doors just so I could say I touched them. Drank more adult beverages, spent time with the wife, browsed the HAMB(fell asleep in the chair)
    Monday... We will see..need to prime the 47 doors, get the dash cleaned and blasted.

18. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Fired up the 8BA 50 flatty this weekend on the stand.
    Ran absolutely great, Oil pressure was 55 at idle and 70 at high rpm. Each cylinder was found to have 85-95 lbs compression after 3 revs. How many revs will give you an accurate reading? Sounded healthy! Now to get it ready to repaint and set her in the 37.

19. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Still in the cleaning mode (thanks Sam) and working on the 48HEMI car (Thanks Loudpedal) dug out half of my carport and trimmed the blackberrys that took over a couple years ago, another day and I'll be able to put a car in the carport! what a concept huh? [​IMG]

Attached Files:

20. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

dug out the spare 48 ford cowl that I was sure I had but haven't seen in years [​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

trimmed off a little [​IMG]

Attached Files:

22. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

amazed me it fit the hole on the first try [​IMG] you can see where the parts car was buried in sand for years and above that line the original factory paint is almost like new [​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Well, I didn't do anything auto related other than change the oil in the daily.

Saturday I chilled with "the fam", then went to work.

Sunday, I got up early, went to my brothers house to fix his computer (Man I hate knowing how to fix stuff!!! [​IMG]), got some lunch on the way back; then I put my youngest daughter down for her nap and went out to change the oil. As soon as she got up, the whole fam went to the local pumpkin patch for a hayride, haunted house, and of course to pick out some "punkins" (which my 1 year old insists are BALLOONS! [​IMG]). As soon as I got home, I mostly just dropped off the girls, and headed out to Detroit!

The trip to Detroit will probably scare most of you, but those of you that are into body piercings might dig it...

It seems that Steve Haworth was in town for a Halloween show called "Theatre Bizarre". Well, while he was in town, he decided to offer a seminar at a Downtown Detroit Hotel.
    I was pretty excited! It was Expensive, but VERY COOL!!!

No, I won't post pics, but there were 2 different classes, and I took both.

1. Successful surface to surface piercing [​IMG]

2. Successful Genital Beading [​IMG]

If any of you piercer geeks ever get a chance to talk to Steve Haworth, I definitely reccomend that you do! He's a VERY cool guy, and has a TON of useful information that he's willing to share! [​IMG]

For those of you that don't know, Steve is the guy that does the horns, and forehead spikes, and all of that other wild stuff you see on talkshows. [​IMG]

24. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

with the dash sitting back in you can see how far the firewall sits back. I'm leaving the toe boards intact and moving all controls and seat back 10 inches [​IMG]

Attached Files:

25. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Don! The roadster is lookin' good! [​IMG]

26. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

one more angle [​IMG] why did ford need so many freaking holes? [​IMG]

Attached Files:

27. This. Assembling the chassis so its ready to mount the body to. Also painted the 3W doors and trunk lid.

We are comin into summer (u guys are coming into Winter [​IMG])

Yeah.....IT IS GOOD !!

Rat [​IMG]

Attached Files:

28. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

just another angle [​IMG]

Attached Files:

29. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

I'm cutting up this perfectly good 52 Plymouth hood to smooth the transition from the front to rear firewalls [​IMG]

Attached Files:

30. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

last one for the weekend.
    I love my Joe Hunt Magneto. but its one of those things that you mess with constantly, this little Hemi loves lots of advance at the strip and less running on the street. plus the points have to be on the money to run properly. I've always had a problem getting a good eyeshot of the points. this photo is looking thru the cowl vent. I'm sure glad I didn't fill it [​IMG]

Attached Files: