Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Where are the Original first 500 HAMBers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Aug 29, 2009.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They were spooning together...sharing a box of jaffas.

2. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Close as I can get Germ, I got this over in India, swazis and the ohm-sai. Ha!

Swazis everywhere over there, no bolts tho'... ;) :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

3. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

No can do, it was stolen by a Mexican busboy at Benihana on Colonial Drive whilst I was having anniversary dinner, he sold it to some guy in Yokohama and now it's been knocked off and sold by MOON, fanning the flame of hatred for the next generation of Hardcore rat rodding hooligan bikers. I offered it to you but it's too late now buddy boy.

4. SledDriver

SledDriver
    from California

Was Christian also the one who had a hard time pronouncing Dr. Knobchieze's car? 1978 Lincoln Cartier? Carteer? Cartyeer? Oh fuck it...

One that cracked me up big time is when that GoPed thing came out? The 2 wheeled thingy balanced by a gyro... they... uhhh... 'chopped and channeled' that thing... or rather the person on it and that was funnier than shit.

Hi Jack. Good to see you back. If you come back to SUPERSECRETSVILLE (TM), come find me and I'll dig up a beer or 10 for you.

And don't forget... We're the SMART SHOPPAZ AND WE ROLL 9 WIDE...

and now back to my scheduled lurking...

Travis

5. RF

RF

Jesus Christ...do all you dorks have your HAMB Reunion alerts set to HIGH?! It wasn't bad enough that this little trip down memory lane resurrected a bunch of kooks like Shag, Lukejackoffer, and now, everyone's infamous hero, Darby Crack(head), aka Germ? At least I got to see a pic of Weez's Second Cousin, my old '29, and to learn that 157 is now my unlucky number (exactly what "version" is this current member calculation based off--there's gotta be at least three previous incarnations of the HAMB...I still have the prototype Ryan did on his Etch'r-Sketch'r, I mean mine).

Nice to see some of the old members' names and their posts here...even Dr. J!

6. RF

RF

Lookin back I now realize this is the last pic taken of the roadster before it left my possesion and succumbed to the particular "tastes" of its new caretaker...leopard-print velour seat cover (gramma's Pendleton blanket trashed), sawzalled radiuses in the hood, obviously so you could "see" the carbs, and a fresh coat of flat black primer (thankfully a piece of scrap cardboard was used to mask off some of the nicer parts--leaving a nice red oxide halo accent).

That was taken when the Blue Castaneda-turned Skinny Mike-turned Cantstayjose '29 was copper (can barely see chopped down Deuce shell). It too had one of those play-doh like Hallock repops when Anthony first built it with Blue (but instead of cutting a glass channel, he just screwed lexan in from the backside), with leftover lemon yellow paint from a '40s Buick he did for a WWF wrestler's dad called El Jefe (not to be confused with our version, Wertheimer). Them's was the height of the good-old days for me, and it wasn't but just 10 or so years ago.

7. This is what I was working on when I joined.

Attached Files:

8. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

That's some funny shit right there!

Hello Kitty and Doucheboy are still around; they still have the picture of Aaron Von Deluxe's billet-equipped pecker he sent them...I think all the females on the HAMB got one.

9. Scotch

Scotch

I miss ya driving it to work (and everywhere else). I dug the Nailhead...

Good times indeed...

~S~

PS- Check my link below to see what Kevin/Jason's old wagon has morphed into...It's been clocked at 130 in the standing start half-mile...

10. Rob, sorry to hear that the car has 'evolved' for the worse, have quite a number of early photo's of your car and Weez's plastered over my shed wall, such that I've got a roadster body, and now have a 401 which will probably end up in it ....

This is one of those pics...

[​IMG]

hopefully the following will brighten your day.....does mine every time I see/read it...;):D

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Drewfus:)

11. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

12. manyolcars

manyolcars

13. Choptop

Choptop

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

Member #337 here !

Life goes better with H.A.M.B. ;)

15. RF

RF

Damn you Drewfus!!!

16. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

I wasn't going to join - I thought the message board would be taken down with all of the foul language and flaming of newbies. It seemed like more trouble than it was worth.

I just kept coming back for Ryan's blog (looking for inspiration) and every time I was here I would read whatever crazy shit was going on. I would pour over all of those pics of raw tradition and thinking - why aren't magazines covering this stuff (should have bit my tongue).

I did that for good solid year, then I finally had a car - and lots of questions so I bit the bullet (expecting to get bombed by the hard core crowd) but I ended up making some great friends and I keep coming back. Unbelievable.

Should have joined as soon as I showed up, but who knew a message board was going be USEFUL? (not me). Guess I'll take my place as a non- OG.

I can't friggin' believe someone has pics of Mike's Mosquito...man that was funny.

And I would have thought that I wouldn't have any laughs left from reading Christians story but here I am wiping the tears away again...such a mental photograph there, goddamn that's funny, lol.

~Bro

17. Scotch

Scotch

You're still a cool dude Broman...even without your Buick...

18. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Thanks Scotch - that means a lot coming from you.

I am going to have another - someday.

After I get the 34 on it's legs I will more than likey sell it to fund some sort of Buick sled.

I love the 50, but they are not easy to find, at least not for cheap and not as nice as the one I had.....sniff....

You still have yours?

I'd have to put you and Max Gearhead at the top of my HAMB friends list.

I also really enjoyed talking with Bugman but he never posts anymore...as the pot calls the kettle black.

I still come around every day - but I usually just read.

Where does Dr. Knobcheise (sp?) fall in all of this?

....and what about the Knowbodys?

~Bro

19. Cword

Cword

105 mostly readin' and little postin' too

20. Hotroddder

Hotroddder
    from Auburn, WA

It says I am 114....

Hotroddder

21. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Cword - I think I voted your screen name as one of my favorites in a thread a loooong time ago. back when Butt Reynolds was....well Butt Reynolds, and Mike from Florida was .....uhh.....hotrodmike?

It's really rad to see a list of the first 500, just reading the names brings back funny memories.

Back then there were usually three different kinds of posts. Funny OT, Flaming OT and awesome home built tech.

And long before anyone in a magazine ever did anything like it - we were doing photo-chops that were mind blowing (for their time). It's because of the HAMB that I ever learned how to use Photoshop and the sole reason was just incase one of us wanted a chopped pic. (I like to show off, so what).

~Bro

22. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

You are indeed 114 sir... you are pretty quiet....in fact I don't recall what you drive or anything (that used to be how I remembered everyone).

Not to change the topic but the Sewer Pickle was the best named car on this board period.

And I wanted to add as fun as it is to recall the old board - the current one is always the best one. You can't beat this place now. Roundtable used to be a close second but now I can't imagine why I'd go there (no offense to anyone from TRR). I see some horrible shit rods on here that would never have "made the cut" back then but as far as tech goes the HAMB is undefeated.

~Bro

23. 36C8

36C8

I joined years before I rejoined in 2006 (2002 or 03, I think), but I doubt it was the first 500. Are those early years archived?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  24. No 74 here.
    I lurked on the original board.
    Got the guts to join on the on second version.
    And been here ever since.
    Have seen a lot of funny shit go on and learnt even more.
    This place has helped a lot over the years.
    Thanks for sticking with it Ryan.
    Did you ever think it would ever get to what it is today?
    Gene

25. I'm close, at 93,016

26. WOW, what a fun thread, I see I'm number 151, guess I must have been late, as usual, to the second sign up.

I was on the first board, Gracie responded ever so politely to my very first post, somehow I think what I said got lost in the translation from Ozlish to her local dialect.

I too still have an original T shirt and one of the original stickers is in the back window of My Holden, sent to me by a fellow HAMBer on reading the story of how it came back to me after more than 25 years.

This place aided by Whodaky convinced me I could pinstripe and now all the cabinet doors and anything else that'll take paint in my shed has twisted lines on it.

Over the years I've met many of you on my travels and others I just annoy with emails or whatever means I can when I remember to sit down and send you shit.

I'm still acvtive here even tho I mostly lurk on the main board. Learned a long time back that sometimes it's best for all just to keep my mouth shut, even when everybody else is wrong. ;)

27. desertdroog

desertdroog

Number 444 present. (though this is the second time I subscribed to this site with this name)

28. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

29. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

germ did you ever find that agnostic front, united blood 7" ?

30. Mart

Mart

Yeah, almost squeaked in with that one.. Have to say though, 13, that's a cool avatar.