Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration I Spent the Night with Billy Gibbons.....and have photos to share.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Geez, Denise gets to do so much fun stuff!!!:cool:

Max

2. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nice looks like a nice small venue imo those are the best!!

3. The night at the Petersen was great also, ZZ Top, Jimi Vaughn (his guy on the Hammond was fantastic,!) Micheal Anthony and Jeff Beck. They all did seperate stuff, then a few together. Couldn't stop grinnin' for hours!

4. Billy.F.Gibbons and Pete Chapouris had a quick visit to New Zealand earlier this year (special guests at Marineland Street Rods Rod Run), and both Billy and Pete came across as cool down to earth dudes. Billy signed my Flamekat, man I was soooooo stoked.
    Kiwi Helrod:cool:

Attached Files:

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

^^^^^I also got to meet Billy at the Marineland run and got him to sign my '80s Kramer
    Then he played a couple of numbers at the dinner that night, only about 450 rodders there so you all got up close, Cool dude, Hot licks.

6. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Never met them, but went to a ZZ show in Chattanooga in '88-'89? The show where the had the '32 dash as the backdrop of the stage. AWESOME show, one of the best concerts I've ever been to.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

7. MarkT

MarkT

Heard a rumour Billys coming to the U.K. to pay the Brit rodders a visit as a guest at the Supernationals at Old Warden in 2010!! Hope its true, I'll get my vinyl copy of 'Eliminator' signed...:D The boys are playing here at the end of this year, but in 30,000 seaters!!...no club dates for the Brits :(...to see 'em that close must have been awesome!

8. I heard that one too!!!I hope it's true, my 12 year old son really wants to meet him.....

9. mow too much

mow too much

They were in OKC a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't make it, think I'll go down to the shop and fire them up. ;) WOW WOW WOW

10. Used to see those guys play the saturday nite dances in Texas City when I was in highschool (seniors '69), well they only played one time as ZZtop, before that they were the Moving Sidewalks. They didn't play locally again till the Summit opened in Houston, anyone know the year? (I sure don't) Good time!!!!!

11. Rusty

Rusty

thats cool!

12. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

i was there also,right up front to the left. a once in a lifetime event. i loved it.

-danny

13. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

I'll bet Billy was more excited to meet you, than you were to meet him, Denise!

14. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

thats so cool that you got to see them in a small venue.. I bagged stadium concerts years ago, they are neat to look at-all the people-, but nothing compares to being up close and personal, and right in the music at a small venue.

15. What's with the weird cap on his head?:confused:

16. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Billy Gibbons playing those Texas Blues is the best ! He is a great car guy and has time for everyone to shoot the shit with .
    One of my all time favorite Bands !

RetroJim

17. Steve,,man I am so glad you pointed that out,,the resemblance between you and Billy is uncanny!:D HRP

18. borndead327

borndead327

what the hell is on his head?cow pie on billys head????

19. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

I accually get to see Billy 3-4 times a year at my work in Vegas. He bought a home or condo here a while back so he's here a little more often now. I also get to see him at NHRA's here too. He's a really down to earth guy and has a great sense of humor. You get him on the "car" subject and it might be a while!!

Michael

20. During a ZZ Top tour in Africa, Billy was introduced to a chief of Cameroon's Bamileke tribe. At the time, Billy was wearing a ten gallon Stetson, but it seems the chief wanted that Stetson very much. Billy was urged to promptly give his Stetson to the chief, however, Gibbons let the chief know that back in Texas there is a custom of "horse tradin'". The chief was more than happy to respond by presenting Billy with the hat we are so used to seeing him with today. HRP

21. all true...and the fact that it had been in the chiefs family nearly 100 years..........thats why he wears it "outa respect"

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I wonder if the chief's family or friends have ever wondered what's on his head???:D

23. gas pumper

gas pumper

OK Denise, Now I see you had a good excuse to not make it to NJ for Conklin's Dead Man's Curve party. We don't have good BBQ like that here.

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Detroit does have AWESOME bbq.
    I did have plans to head "up north" for the holiday weekend but once I heard ZZ Top was coming to town, and that venue, my plans for the weekend changed immediantly. I do plan on attending the Dead Mans Curve party and Lead Eaast next year during a New England States tour in Big Olds.

25. "showdown, you bet, and I haven't even saddled my pony yet" Love those guys! :D

26. Can't remember if I posted this before. Trying to find some some shots of us playin dice with Billy on the plane. Here we are tiltin' a few in Yokahama.
    [​IMG]

27. WOW what lucky guys!:eek:

Nice pictures Denise! Wish I was there!

28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

great photography work there young lady ! I like the sidepipe heat shield on the mike stand....

29. Awesome pics Denise. I got to see them last summer at Pine Knob with Brooks and Dunn. They put on an awesome show.

30. johnnykck

johnnykck

This is when they were good!