Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods I hate ebay links.....ARDUN

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatheadpete, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just reported it as well. If enough of us do this, E-bay will shurly give it a close look or pull it. I'll bet money that the 2 bids are phony from some of his buddies to make it look legit.

2. zzford

zzford

Oh, sorry. That's me. I just farted.

3. 31whitey

31whitey

Plastic ARDUNS...

Would not have guess there was market for those.....

interesting.....

we will have to see.......

But...reporting this guy with NO definite knowledge of arduns seems a bit self righteous and audacious.....

4. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

I don't like his bragging about how he got the car.

Granted, ripping off an old lady who wants to get rid of a car is one thing if you wanna have it for yourself.

But, stealing something like that just to make a good profit, on the other hand, leaves a foul taste IMHO.

So regardless if that heap is real or not, I wouldn't want to do any business with someone who freely admits to grab collectors stuff cheaply for the only reason to sell it if for huge monetary gains. And even if someone happens to find himself in such a situation and needs money badly: For the sake of decency and discretion, don't brag about it. Sell it and be done.

5. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Well, here's my take. If the engine is real, I would bet that the heads are bare castings, and whoever painted it can't play dumb because the valve cover bolts have been removed to paint valve covers. So if it is the plastic Ardun heads or bare castings the guys knows it. He can't claim to never having the valve covers off. The milk tubes don't look right either. The blower drive is not something that was offered in the fifties, this one is much later than that. And what dillweed would paint Ardun valve covers? This cat is playing dumb about something. He knows too many relevant hot rod terms to not know what's there if it's real. And trust me, when I sell something on Ebay, even if it's $100 reserve, I watch it like a hawk so I can answer any buyer's questions. This guy is a flake. Steven.

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd kick a couple of bucks in on gas money just to have someone go take some real photos of that one.

I'm with those who think something isn't quite right with this deal.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

7. bolt_boy_49

bolt_boy_49
    from USA

Well I can Tell You why the booth has a lot of yellow overspray. I went by there about an hour ago to check things out and there are 4 yellow race cars ( like the s***boxes at the local dirt track). No sign of the car in question.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Anyone home? Didja ask any ?'s if there was someone there?

9. bolt_boy_49

bolt_boy_49
    from USA

I ASSUMED it was at Decatur used cars on 22nd street. that would be the logical conclusion from his ebay handle. No I didn't see anyone to ask. I will go back by tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  10. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

They are just valve covers .I think its a flat head and somebody grafted them to existing heads .I agree with most you guys I think its a scam. Does look like a model I thought the same thing too by the block in the wall ,No shadow on floor.It might be real .But the motor fake.

11. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

bolt boy 49, take a cresent wrench with you and see if he'll let you pop a valve cover or at least see if it's actually got spark plugs. Also like to know if the blower is an empty case. Steven.

12. bolt_boy_49

bolt_boy_49
    from USA

I will. let me know if the seller answers anyone's messages.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

My first thoughts too. Looks like the body is from a Monogram A kit. :confused: ALL his feedbacks are from SELLERS, this is his first item up for sale! Note the painted radiator cap and neck BUT there is NO radiator! Top of that 30-31 cowl looks funny too.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2009
  14. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I live close by I sent him a message asking to come see it in person. I might just go try to find it anyway but a few things I noticed are on a 39 flathead the ardun heads I think would have the water outlets on the front of the heads the later ones out the top in the center this has neither

15. silent rick

silent rick

i was just going to say that's near plowboy's place.

16. gas pumper

gas pumper

I think the blower sits too low on the engine, no room for an adapter under there.

And the blower looks too big/long in scale relationship to the heads. A 4-71 is pretty short.

17. fuzzface

fuzzface

I agree this is a scam listing even on my little netbook. I wish I could see it on my main computer but it's in the shop.

This reminds me of when we were discussing the 32 roadster if it was a scam or not on ebay for bin of $1,000 or $1500 about a year ago and it turned out to be real.

18. Truckedup

Truckedup

I don't know much about Ardun conversions........but......If you go upper right side of the Windows tool bar on your computer and click on Page you can zoom in. Check on the 3/4 front view on the engine,some funny shit going on there under the heads???

19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

The 5000 .00 within 24 hour as auction ends scares me. Oh and by the way there is yellow overspray all over that car.Headers Blower motor firewall ect.

20. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

21. MAYBE "the Widow" scamed Him!

22. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

It's listed as a 'show' car, right? Well. that engine is all show and that is why it doesn't run - has never run - could not run. The heads are plastic or blown cores. The blower has never been spun by that engine - not with one puny, misaligned v belt. This car is yard art.

Can anyone identify the body?

23. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Ya' know, I went back and read his descriptinon and I think that just might be the case! First off, if he knew shit about old cars, he would know that all of that new paint is going to have to come off, a prospective buyer would prefer it to be in unfinished condition.

24. skullhat

skullhat

that would be cool, but im sure there is no "widow", lol

25. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It reminds me of the guys that bring stuff to swap meets that has a fresh spray can finish over all the crud and grease.

26. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

After reading his description with all of the stuff that has been "modiofied", "upgraded", "motor stuck", etc, I'm guessing he probably hasn't violated any ebay rules. The one thing that I asked him about, says title is clear, what's it titled as? I'm waiting for his reply..........

27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I looked at a set of 40 truck doors last week that had fresh black paint and they were so thin you could poke your finger through them he said "Im negotiable on that price" I said "I bet"

28. 31whitey

31whitey

It said a backup motor...

Its obvious that the cars been , dissambled, put together by a hack, and painted in a quick fashion....

Up above it was stated that someone went by and it was a dirttrack race shop....I know plenty of dudes who race saturdays and have no fucking clue about an ardun....

Still think its real.....anybody ask what the spair motor looked like.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are welcome to tell him that Rob asked you to take a look at it. As I sent him an email asking if I could have someone check it out for me.

I just wanted his reaction at the time but I'll bet that either I don't get an answer or he finds an excuse for not being available all week besides what he said about being out of town in the add.

The guy obviously doesn't know that no one in his right mind would paint Ardun valve covers, especially bright yellow.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

30. lone wolf

lone wolf

looks like model a tudor sedan cut down to look like a roaster pickup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.