Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods HOT ROD REGISTRATION.... one mans horror story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lono, Sep 11, 2008.

1. 66 Belle

66 Belle

Be glad you don't live in Nebraska. County tells you one thing, State tells you something totally different.
    Bought a 70 Ford LTD 2 door hdtp with no motor and hadn't been licensed and was last titled in 1971. Previous owners are deceased, jumped through all their hoops and just more and more of them. Did it for a year and never got anywhere and finally just junked the body.

2. seatex

seatex

Man, it sure looks sweet. Hope it gets good mileage. Now fill it up and head to Texas before you kill somebody.
    We don't play that shit down around these here parts, (especially if you register as an antique vehicle..............):D:eek::rolleyes:

3. They are lie like bastards is right Brian. I've been tracking an ownership for my 40' with no luck yet. When the MTO came to see me for a facility audit I asked how I should go about it. They gave me a name to call who gave anopther name and so on. We have brought many vehicles in from the south and the owners are finding that if it was not currently registered in the U.S. as fit then they have had trouble, especially with our branding system in place. I have a line on a current ownership so I may be okay but it is getting more difficult all the time.

4. Flatman

Flatman

Ooohhh..... Brian you are sooooo right!! The people behind the counters really know nothing.

Ontario requires a "Structural Integrity Certification" on any homebuilt or "rebuilt" vehicles requiring title and VIN.

Flatman

5. I'm not going to buy it until you rip all of that ugly shit off the car first :D

Seriously entertaining read and testament to what some people will go through to put a car on the road in the first place... and in the future do as one of your fellow Canadians suggested... LIE LIE LIE yer friggin A$$ oFF!!! :rolleyes:

Nice car... great novel!

6. A-Wall

A-Wall

geeze i didnt think there was another province as gay as ontario.

7. Droo

Droo

Oh crap, guess I get to look forward to the HRRCD! I've got a 28 with no papers at all, it was dragged out of a barn about twenty years ago in Sask, then changed hands twice since then.

That is a really SWEET ride by the way!

8. Lono

Lono

let me pray for you my brother.....:eek:
    suck it up... pay the piper and dont be afraid to tell your "inspector " to fuck off as required. A call to ICBC helps smooth edges too.

9. belair

belair

Congrats to you. I love small county seat towns in Texas. They are a LOT easier than what you had to do. Dealing with some "public servants" is a little taste of Hell.

10. Lono, very well written,and sadly very very true.
    What a fucked up government bureaucracy we live in.
    HemiDeuce.

11. dbradley

dbradley

I have a whole new respect for my neighbors to the North who choose to drive hot rods.

12. Lono

Lono

just a note... been on the road for just over a week and its been great.

Last week I pulled up beside 2 different cops ... gave them a smile and they both gave a nod.... and no hassles.

I am aware its only time until the wrong one finds me so I'm busy making fenders I can drop on in an instant.

I also know theres a few uptight rodders who like to cause shit for others around here so I'm not on the road every day.

13. Lono

Lono

I spent nearly 2 months getting through a safety inspection with a dick of an inspector who tried to sell me a shit load of extra work ( dont get me started!)

Today will be my last day on the road for this ( 10 day) cruising season.

I Just got back from a quick cruise of downtown Winejuggs.

I hear the death rattle- (sounds like a rod), but I have no regrets, the motor was bought as a core anyway. Now I have good reason to pull and build this winter.

I brought along the Camcorder to share what a ride in a traditional build is like ( just in case you ride in luxury).

For full effect, turn up the speakers and sit on the floor with your knees up your nose, if you're too comfortible, have someone kick you in the ass to provide the effect of a pothole.

Then click this link:
    http://www.izitreality.com/endosummer08.htm

enjoy.

14. the-lowrider

the-lowrider

Thanx again Fred !!!

Now i guess the "one man story" turns into a "two men story". I hope here in germany i don`t have to make too many mods to pass our safety inspection. We will see...i`ll keep you informed. :D

Greeeeetz

15. Lono

Lono

Hey Markus, glad you found your way here.
    The worste is over for the A and I think if it can pass our BC ispections, it will breeze through German ones. At least I hope it does, I want to come and visit for an Octoberfest Hot Rod weekend and want to ride in style!!

16. thepoz57

thepoz57

i have let some pretty sweet cars go because of this kinda b.s. with titles/registration.

17. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Think he had a lot of Bull Feces to put up with..just wait till the Tree Fornicators in Wash. D.C. get moving with their new world order agenda for us.

18. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

WOW what a pain! Like they say, next time it wont hurt as bad and it will slide in a little easier!
    Kinda knocks the wind out of good build.
    I have to share a bright side though as i just finished my TT recently and went through the Washington state inspection. i was ready for hell after reading the storys on this board.
    Here goes!
    I drug this thing home in 3 truckloads with a hand written bill of sale for a 24 TT from 1992. I had another bill of sale from the next owner that sold it to me for $1.00 listing it as a 25TT. No numbers left on any of it. I had a restored 27truck plate from a swap meet. ( never need to get re-tagged)
    i got my paper work together drove 45 mins to Bremerton spent 1 hr getting inspected and numbers asigned. The inspector actually worked with me to figure out how to make this thing work out with what I had. He finally assigned it as a '1927 Ford Model TT street Rod'. Drove 45 mins back to Shelton. Spent 15 mins in DOL, spent a total of $185.00, put on my 27T plate, and was done. THE END:):):)

Attached Files:

19. the-lowrider

the-lowrider

Of course we can make a cool looking ride to the oktoberfest. You remember my profession ?! ;) I just talk to my colleagues...then nearly everything is possible !! :rolleyes:

20. 29modelARoadster

29modelARoadster

Hey Lono , derek from montreal. I was wondering if you would be interested in selling me a copy of the inspection book. It would save a lot a red tape after reading your story /nightmare. Tried the gov thing didn't happen . 404 error. figure it will help my build alot. Thanks

21. Well, this thread is from 2008.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

:rolleyes: This crap is getting old. Can we find and ban ( tar feather and run out of town :D) the guys who bring these old threads back to life ?
    And the guys who reply to them like they were posted recently too ?
    Most of the time these old threads are helpful, this is one that isn't.