Register now to get rid of these ads!

did some tresspassing, found an interesting old hot rod..now what is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retromodern101, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Amazing, a guy ask about what a car might be that he saw in the woods and a bunch jump in and talk crap about trespassing and getting shot. He didn't say he climbed over fences or ignored signs or anything else, nor did he ask about whether it was a good idea or not. Guess I just don't understand some peoples train of thought.

As for the car, it looks very much like an Essex to me, but hard to tell from all the over growth.

2. ok I can answer some of the questions that have popped up.. it looks like 32 rails, but no reveal line, there is no dash, there is no firewall. the roof has been filled(remnants of filler up there) the rear fenderline sweep looks like a late 30's car but roof screams early 30's( was thinking Chevy but closer inspection said otherwise). I'll ask around, and make sure I have permission and i'll find out some more about the car...and yeah maybe it will go home with me..

Gray

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. highlife31

highlife31
    from salida ca

I am still thinking that it is a willys knight. Good luck and hopefuly you can take it off the old mans hands.

4. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Yeah, this way you can use the taxpayer's money/hardware to scope out other peoples treasures!

Um, it means "here, jus' hold this for a minute" he say's as he runs away fast!

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Your head would look good on a pike"

5. JF

JF
    from Utah

Utah does not have a specific trespass law, unless your working for a municipality which may be sometimes. the other issue is that it was all (at least out west, midwest etc) public lands or based on public land system so your 40 acre parcel is an aloquot parcel and to properly survey another adjacent parcel typically the surveyor will need to locate the neighboring corners. that or maybe there is a 16th or 1/4 corner at one of your parcel corners?

I doubt any surveyors would mess with your stuff. but I also think they should make an effort to at least knock first. In some area's if I have a good properly orthorectified image to overlay on a survey drawing I would not need to ever set foot on your property but that gets too expensive. oh ya those images are typically lots better than Google earth- can really see the old cars etc good!

6. flatford39

flatford39

Pictures are pretty hard to see but I think it's an Essex maybe 30 31. It also might be a Jordan Playboy three window. If that's the case you hit the motherload.

7. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

Ask around, or knock on the door and inquire.....I heard you may have an old car in the backyard......talk to theguys across the street. I also wouldn`t want anyone sniffin around my stuff.

8. I looked at a 28 Dodge coupe last night and the windshield frame looks like the one i looked at.

9. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Trespassing? No need, just speak with your meter man, better yet, give him a camera. You'll be amazed at what he has seen. <O:p</O:p

10. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

From a very safe distantance mind you!

11. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

the roof does look an awful lot like my essex. hard to tell from the pics, but there is a curved vertcile line on a 30-31 essex and hudson just behind the door above the belt line, i think i see it, but maybe because i want to.

12. Read the first part of his title did some trespassing At least he is honest about it:) OldWolf

13. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

So what happend with this car. Did you find out if its forsale and what it is???

14. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

Try this on for size.

What if -your- son left his project in your hands and went off to war. Maybe WWII,
    maybe Korea, Maybe Nam and was killed in one of those far off God forsaken places.

Would you want to sell your last remaining link???

I have seen several such cars across the years. Some completed by dad/brothers as
    a tribute; Some left to rot from dispair.....

Approach the man with this thot in mind!! Talk respectfully maybe even a little bit
    reverently. His loss might even be the thing that has made him 'a crazy old guy'.

15. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

I vote with the Essex guys. We once bought a '28 Chev that had had an Essex coupe body placed on the rails, and it was much like that one you show. Can't be sure; that was a long time ago and no pix available for comparison. Be careful of the poison oak, tho. If you get to get it out, spray some Roundup and wait a week...
    Fearless

16. JamesG

JamesG

That looks like a '32 frame.

[​IMG]

17. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

looks like an essex to me. i agree, the frame rail does seem to be 32 ford.
    either way, cool find. glad you didn't get shot or anything. i say as long as you're not vandalizing it and the only thing you're taking away are some photos, no harm done.

18. My first impression is its a DeSoto,about 1929

19. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

your snooping around on someones land and you think he is a crazy old man..thats funny..he probably thinks your crazy for not knocking on the door and asking first