Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage houses, post a pic of yours.

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Roothawg, Nov 23, 2005.

1. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Killer pad, man! More pics, please.

2. falfas55

falfas55

Here's a photo of our house. It was built in 1948. We've spruced it up a bit. It's in Texas.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  3. purple

purple

Wish us luck, we just put in an offer on a big 1965 ranch. Plain from the street but great inside. Here are the only pics from the sale listing. But, it is 4 bed 3 bath living room family room den and a 2 car garage. Also has a broken swimming pool, and that's why it is in our price range. The wheel chair ramp is good because down the road we might be bringing steph's gramda to live with us.

Attached Files:

4. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Been working on this 1922 home for about 10 years now..........Z

Attached Files:

5. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Nice, Purple, hope you and the fam get it!

6. rodknocker

rodknocker

Most important thing to me is that I have a place to fly Ol' Glory.Good luck Purple, hope it works out for you.Built in 1920.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  7. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

This is our old Scottish farm house built 1891.We've been working on it for six years now but still have a long way to go.We've had to undo lots of previous 'alterations' and have tried to keep the house in keeping with the Victorian era.
    The other derelict house is the original farm house and was built in 1860.This one is going to be converted into my new garage/workshop but will still look like a house from the outside.

Attached Files:

8. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

I love them big old town houses.Please tell me you're not going to make it open plan and paint everything magnolia!LOL:D

9. sadayo

sadayo

If someone's wanting the vintage look, check out http://bigchillfridge.com . The new fridge with old look is good for kids with young family's, so you don't have to worry about the old latch mechanism. They'e got stoves and dishwashers also.

10. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Here's my 1908 Craftsman.

Attached Files:

11. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Move in next week! 1955. Original bathrooms. Awesome wood floors. Great landscaped yard.

Attached Files:

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Right on I love original Ranch Houses from the 50's....sweet.

13. larry...im beating a dead horse. but that place is awesome. gotta get out of so cal.

14. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Thanks , I'm really excited.

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That door in the kitchen if you turn the screw above the window the whole window and frame pops out to give you a screen door.....we have the same one and love it, pics are in my profile.

16. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Wow, I love your place Royalshifter! I can't wait to make the place ours.

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks, it's our dead horse and we dig it! Lots more junk since those photos...stop by if you ever get east.

18. autobilly

autobilly

I don't now, but about fifteen years ago myself and my then girlfriend had a 99.9% "period" house. I'm talkin' '30's-'60's everything, including kitchen (fridge, stove, sink etc), bathroom, bedrooms, living room and formal lounge, appliances, entertainment(record player, radios and B&W cord remote TV), furniture, plates/pots and pans/KFS, floor coverings, light fittings, window treatments, pictures, telephone, everything except washing machine (circa early '80's) and things like tooth brushes and bedsheets etc. The place was a time machine!
    We were just a young couple with no kids, but living day by day without "modern" technology was fine, a pleasure even. After all, we don't drive old cars for their convenience do we? Everyone did OK back in the day!

Scarylarry, real gone daddyo!
    Johnnyzoom, bitchin!
    J cougar, congratulations, very cool!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  19. purple

purple

]The perils of buying our dream house, the one I posted a couple of weeks ago. What was once lost is now found (haha). We ended up competing with another buyer and lost. But then a week and a half later, it was relisted. We just signed the papers accepting the counter offer at the list price $9,100 less than the past losing offer. I am stoked and the process begins. Being the seller is a bank it is pretty stricked and a long 60 day escrow. But if all goes well we will be in by Halloween.

20. wallace

wallace

I dont have a picture but my house was built in 1949 still has the asbestos roof and no front door. You enter a breezeway and go left to the house or right to the garage. Kinda cool gives a thief a little more trouble I guess

21. I just picked up this 1960 frigidaire set for my kitchen "un-remodel".

Attached Files:

22. sideshowrob

sideshowrob
    from australia

[​IMG]

my house, about 1890/1900, and my old pickup out the front .

23. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Can't see it to well..1920s farm house in Brenham Texas 25 acres cars & longhorns

Attached Files:

24. DemonSpeedShop

DemonSpeedShop

Here is mine. Built in 1916 and added on in 1938 by my great granfather and his brother. It is on the National hhistoric register, #1039. All original wood floors and stucture, plaster walls and some great history. My 50 Merc looks right at home in the drive.

Attached Files:

25. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Closed on thehouse yesterday. Start moving in this weekend!

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Whistle Whistle.........hooray.....halleluya......clap clap......another 50's Ranch house saved.....congradulations!!!!

27. autobilly

autobilly

Great news, hope you dig it.:)

28. senior fried

senior fried

Try to post up the photo again, Your house is awesome, I dig the back yard...

29. FCCOOL

FCCOOL

30. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Unfortunately no man ,my hands don't work, and even if they did I wouldn't have had the skills to pull off a copy. Without meaning to be pretentious or showing off ,the accident that left me paralysed also left me pretty well off,with plenty of spare TV watching time, so I got Joe Wilkerson to make me one and ship it to England. I know that's gonna seem pretty excessive to some people but me and my wife have been obsessed with mid-century atomic styling since we were teenagers in the 80's and have collected a whole lot of kool shit. The only thing it is IMPOSSIBLE to find is a kool television in a decent watchable size that fits the decor from the period we love, and up untill we found this it drove me fucking nuts so as Zsa Zsa Gabor might have said "I simply had to have one daaaaarling!" :D
    Paul

PS,if that's your kemp in your avatar, I fuckin' LOVE that front end

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009