Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<<<<<Friday Art Show-8-28-09>>>>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LOWCAB, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Nice work ratfink .... can you tell me what you used to process the black and white photo?

I have microsoft digital image pro. 40 bucks. that's why I bought it. I did that Dash pic with a combinaton of filters that is a secret even to me.

I have one called "poster edges" that is in there and some sort of "film grain" filter. season to taste with "exposure and lighting"

I just make it up as I go along.

2. Thanks Jeff, I've got something in mind for you. Don't worry!

3. 57 Corvette ~ Bob

57 Corvette ~ Bob

Thanks man ... appreciate the insight.

4. edsel

edsel

OMG I got vertigo just lookin at Vertigo ! awesome.

edsel

5. So...what your saying is....Like Me...I hasten to add.... :D

I haven't got a clue, I just click buttons till it looks cool & end up with something like this....

[​IMG]

Nice work!

6. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More of my stuff at this link. Adding some new things each week.

7. Me too..

Attached Files:

8. Brother Hungus

Brother Hungus

Great work this week guys!!

Here are a couple detail shots,

Attached Files:

9. KILLER show this week guys! Really outstanding work from all of you.

All I got to paint this week are the walls of the house; still at it...

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

One of the best show in a real ong time.....way to go you guys.......AWESOME!

Helping franco on his model kit stuff..... fun project. not complete..but here is a peek!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Franco did his magic on the Monsters and i slid in some line art.

12. Nice to see you previewing some new work Norwell! Been a while since you last posted anything. I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to grace us with your magic again! You know a bunch of us need our Norwell fix, so don't leave us out in the cold!!

Nice work on those instruction sheets. Franco's done a wicked job on those monsters..... come to think of it, they resemble a few people I know. Imagine that, a Franco/Norwell collaboration! That model kit is gonna be KILLER! Every HAMBer should have one! Might make a neat auction for Ryan..... Signed by both of the artists, hmmm....

13. oh man....thank you for posting some real photography! i'm so ready to barf everytime i see digital photoshop perfectiony sterile crap......What'd you shoot this with? A Lomography camera or did you modify a cap, or make one? I've got one i made out of a kid's shoebox, and have a drilled cap for my canon AE1...haven't tried the cap yet. fill me in and if you're on flickr.com, add me as a contact.... www.flickr.com/photos/farmerjohn
    awesome!

14. your friend Damien's art is fuckin' awesome....thanks for posting this, i'd not heard of him before...

15. TBonez

TBonez

came out great Jeff. Gonna be a must have for the collection. Richiepan....... bitchin' job on the tattoos and flash work.

16. No problemo!

I love Damian's work. He's a heckuva talent who's work needs to be shown around and seen by more people.

This is one of my all-time faves of his:

[​IMG]

17. Franco and Norwell, stuff is looking kick ass, bruddahs!

18. ......Hey Jeff, you and Franco are the dynamic duo of KOOL .........I feel the love.......but which one of you is Robin.....lol.

19. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Here's a 3D sign my buddy Marty made & gave to the Los Straitjackets when we saw 'em a few months ago in St. Louis. I think the masked men loved it as much as I did.

[​IMG]

Jason Smay, Danny Amis, Chaz {Marty's kid} and my friend Marty.

[​IMG]

20. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

That's pretty cool. Got any hints on how you made it? Probably one of them "why didn't I think of that" things!

21. now that is fucking impressive!

22. now that is just disturbing!!.....like it alot!

23. Stellar work everyone, and I do mean everyone. To much work is really getting in the way of my car stuff. I sure would like to flip that around.

I'd name the names of my favorites, and the stand outs have been named a bunch but the truth is, there's not a bad one in the bunch!

24. COS

COS
    from KCMO

WE NEED PRINTS!! This is one bad ass pic!!

25. solid

solid

Amazing work everyone. Great friday art show.

26. Sorry I'm a bit late with this one. 1st time posting in the art show. Had a go at hand embossing today and this is the result. I'm no artist, but gave it a crack. Its on 1/16th thick 5052 alloy sheet about 14 inches by 10 inches. Probably the wrong material to use but its what I had. Shrapnel :cool:

Attached Files:

27. Looks good to me! Do more! :D

28. bigken

bigken

I would SO IN for one of those, incredible!

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Charley Smith finally found the HAMB...way ta go, Charley...!!!

You don't remember me, but I talked to you at some NSRA event a whole bunch of years ago about your t-shirt art...and you were kind enuff to explain to me how you did the various screen patterns in your silk screen art...I still use your techniques today...I do 30-50 multi-color T-shirt designs a summer these days...without your explanation, I wouldn't be doing it today....many thanx...!!!

Here's an older shot of my den door with a few of my designs on it (pre-production art for client's approval)...
    [​IMG]

I always wondered what ever happened to you cuz I've never seen you at other events...glad to see you're still around doing art...

R-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.