Register now to get rid of these ads!

your perfect ride!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by f100kid, Aug 18, 2009.

1. GearHeadSoul

GearHeadSoul

[​IMG]

This, with a wicked Ford FE... 427, dual quads, big solid lifter cam, and a Top Loader. :D

2. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

What he said^^^^^^^^

3. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

There's no way I could have just one. I don't even know how to begin to answer that question. :D

4. jaxx

jaxx

this with a 340 - auto - black int.

5. ummmmm i dont think i would change a thing about that car, other then me owning it.:D

6. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

1959 Ford F100. Stock on the outside with white paint and white steelie wheels. However under the hood would be a 460 with twin turbos with each turbo huffing over a carb in a dual quad setup. Ah, I can dream. I will have a 1959 F100 though. Someday.

7. Awedrod

Awedrod
    from Wichita KS

UH....I'll have what he is having....

8. TikiBoi13

TikiBoi13
    from San Pedro

the hiro is hard to beat. But would settle for 29 roadster made with my own two hands, the whole car

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

10. metalshapes

metalshapes

11. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

12. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

One of these, either one would do!

Attached Files:

13. lukey

lukey

a clone of the Oriental...57 Olds...built by Herb Gary

14. Oz's Bad Apple Merc. I could then die a happy man.

15. Ratfink749

Ratfink749

This is just my brainstorm of thoughts that I put into m iPod notepad one day while contemplaing my ideal ride. The thoughts are about 4 years in the making. The execution however is nowhere near beginning.
    Stupid "I'll never afford it" dream number 54.
    1954 Chevy 2dr hard top 150, 210, or Bel Air:
    Art Morrison gt sport chassis with shockwave airbag shocks on all four corners filled with a used gm 5.3 engine and a 4L60E transmission. The factory EFI will be used and the fuel tank will be swapped for a fuel cell with a holley 255lph pump there'll be a Ford 9"read end with 3.23 gears and a posi-traction rear end. The top will be chopped 4" in the front and 5" in the back. Bumpers smoothed and rechromed. Grille stock. Interior will have more modern "classic" style gauges, a simple shifter, possibly column mounted, a simple but classy sound system. Seats, door panels, and headliner will be light gray with black piping. Carpet will be black. Front and rear will be bench seats. Simple elegant steering wheel on a basic column. Car will be in suede. Black would be cool if AC is in it perhaps a pure blue color would work? Wouldnt be as hot in the sunny summer months. Chrome trim will be limited to the bumpers and grille. Door handles too if they haven't been shaved. Exhaust will be 2.5" and not overly loud. Other ideas to follow. Budget: zero dollars. Value: currently over 35,000$ damn my caviar taste and pop-tart budget.
    Bumper in the back may have cutouts for exhaust pipes. Dragging it won't be a concern but sitting it down low when parked will be a common occurance. Wheels most likely would be steel and black. Trim rings on the outer rim. They'll be wrapped in whitewall radials with a comfortable quiet tread that has some duration in it's lifespan. Burnouts won't be common. Racing likely will never happen. It will be a low smooth cruiser with style. The engine compartment though likely to be littered with wiring will be semi organized and painted to match. Trunk will contain the airtanks and compressors and valve assemblies for the air ride. Air ride will likely have a digital ride height control for consistant ride height and wheel alignmet. A rat rod it'll never be but it isn't ever going to be a shiney trailer queen it'd be my comfortable daily driver with undenyable reliability.

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

It's in the corner of the shop. My 1932 5w coupe. The aluminum head 435 hp 427, Doug Nash 5 spd., Frankland Quick Change rearend, Halibrand (real, not repo) wheels, louvered hood and trunk lid, chromed drilled dropped axle and Buick finned brakes and a dash full of origional SW winged curved glass gauges are waiting for time to get it fitted, finished and assembled. Only lacking time (which is running out:().

Frank

17. Had it and let it get away. If I had "unlimited money" it would be on a boat on it's way back from England.

Attached Files:

18. willymakeit

willymakeit

The 56 F100 I have and my 70 big block 4spd. Challenger I sold in a stupid moment.

19. GearHeadSoul

GearHeadSoul

That black '36 is damn near perfection!

When I was in high school my grandfather had a '40 Ford pickup sittin' in his barn. I remember wanting that truck sooooooo bad it hurt. He would tell me... "You don't want that ol' thing, it needs too much work."

Well... I continued to daydream and sketch this dream rod in deep blue with Boss 429 power buldging beyond the hood and Halibrand GT-40 knock-off wheels. Unfortunately he sold it when he sold the ranch due to his ill health. I often wonder what happened to that ol' '40...

20. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Money no issue? Definately any one of these....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I always say if I became an millionaire, I'd pick up a Warbird and learn to fly it....

21. mtrhd

mtrhd

yep, the 427SOHC in a 63 Falcon

22. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

23. Hambone64

Hambone64

1957 Fairlane. White over seafoam. White Interior. FE powered. Radir tri's and 3 in WWW's.

24. carbking

carbking

No reservation on cost?

Cannot do one car. So here is a few:

American made:

1974 Pontiac GTO (I have one of these)
    1964 Studebaker Hawk GT
    1933 Supercharged J Duesenberg

Import:

1957 Jaguar XK-SS
    1962 Jaguar XK-E fixed head coupe

If you give me either of the Jaguars, then I want 40 years off my age so I can get in one again!

Jon.

25. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Ya, I'll take one of those, with only subtle adjustments in color, ect. I have the car, now I just need the cash to complete the project.

26. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

O.K. '28 ''A'' Phaeton on original Deuce rails,'32 heavy axle(undropped)''A'' x-members,
    ''A'' rear spring, reversed spring eyes,Hallock windsheild, Pump in head Flathead or early 24 stud 221ci Flathead, Eddie Meyer heads and inlet, big 97 strombergs, Kelsey Hayes wires,'40 Ford juice brakes.Heck I'm sure you can guess the rest! Great Pre-War style Gow-Job

Nick.

27. ShaggyCRMC

ShaggyCRMC

Jesse James' 54 Chevy! Everything I want in a car!

28. thepoz57

thepoz57

I would want my 57 Chevy. I go to car shows and I always ask myself what car I'd go home in, and I like mine the best.

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This....
    [​IMG]

But seriously? One of these,
    [​IMG]

Australia's only home grown fighter of WWII. I almost owned one a few years ago, had the money there to buy a second aircraft from Matt Denning but passed it up as I couldn't afford to do the full restoration to flying. I am still kicking myself for that, the one I passed up recently flew for the first time post restoration.
    I guess I'm happy to see it fly again rather than rot away in my garage.

As for cars? Cobra Daytona Coupe, any one of the 6 will do me.

Doc.

PS, Have we not done this before??