Register now to get rid of these ads!

1930 Model A Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tubbsfaith, Aug 21, 2009.

1. tubbsfaith

tubbsfaith

Bringing the model a home!

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Man you made the RIGHT choice!:)

Nick.

3. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

I would buy them both.............

4. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

It's a no brainer. By the time you are done "making a hot rod" it'll drive more like a ''38, so what 'look' do you actually prefer?

5. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats on your 30, yours sound like my situation on my 31 I found it and jumped on it with the quickness ( I also got a good price on mine aswell) I removed the porta-walls,painted the wheels and popped on some new tires I had bought for another project and have been driving it some but still need to get it legal...Enjoy it I think you made the right move, my .02

6. Big Tony

Big Tony

I wouldn't be on here any longer cause if you don't go get it quick it will be gone...especially with this crowd.

oops missed the part where you got it... congrats

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I'd pay $7,500 for the A, but for the same money I'd probably grab the '38.

8. tubbsfaith

tubbsfaith

More Pictures. Going to start tearing into her real soon! but right now just enjoying driving!

9. while i love model A's , i'd go for the `38...install a dropped axle , hydraulic brakes if it doesn't already have them, a later flathead or add some speed parts to the existing one , dual exhaust and then drive it

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Buy them both you know you want to stimulate the economy its all up to you were all depending on you dont want to put to much stress on you!:D

11. gippetto

gippetto

I agree, the price is quite fair. As for the choice between it and the '38 you got to decide how rough you like it. I have a '30 model A street rod and, as I do, you got to love it. It's a much more primitive car that a late 30's sedan. Things like the lack of a dash, interior space, in my case noise and heat use of wood to hold the sheet metal together, etc.

These things don't bother me but they are part of the picture especially if your building "vintage".