Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rashy's HAMB Drags "Thank You" post... Yeah, another drags post.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Aug 24, 2009.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

WOW!!!! Pops Hot Rod is Kick ass Kool... I know that cars suck and Pop's 39
    has been fighting everybody in its path but I need to see more pictures.

Love color selection and the attitude. It has to be one of the Baddest of the bad!!

Any more pics??

Happy Trails,

Mick

2. sololobo

sololobo

Great stuff, all the generous helping, sharing, caring, is a trademark of this great group of folks. Dirty's charming kids brought a lot of smiles to people and are a welcome addidtion to much need sanity at this event. So happy your pop made it to the event, the cart and other kindness is super. Thanks to all the generous giving angels!! ~Sololobo~

3. raven

raven

It's real stories like this that lets one know that all this trancends just 'hotrodding'.
    r

4. Rusty

Rusty

Ron, as always it is good to get to see the tulsa gang together, thanks for the kind words about the kiddos, you, mama rashy, monkey, whitey, bulletproof1, and bull really know how to treat some buds like family. im am at a loss for words for Pops. He is such a cool person and i hate to see him not operating at 100 percent. i got faith he will fight the fight and win, man his car looks killer, thanks again for all that yall did, Rusty

5. Looks like somebody got you dialed in with the Oxygen (Nitrous? LOL!!!!) for your Pop...Good deal. glad he had a good time.

6. Rashy it was great to see you again as well and finally meet Mama Rashy - she's great! I have been thinking of Pops constantly - please keep us updated.

7. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

...and proud and happy to be elevated to that level.

It was a special weekend for me. Sure, I would liked to have had the car there...it sure wasn't because of a lack of effort from the Tulsa Bunch. I had a great time.

Rashy has already thanked everyone, but I want to also say a heartfelt THANKS as well.

Mick, you'll have to go to Pistons & Paint!!!

Thanks again, everyone.

Pops.

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Hey Pops!

We (Whitey, Bulletproof, Toot, Monkey, Duckus, Scraps and myself) got together tonight and got into the car. Oddly, we can find nothing wrong with the transmission mount or crossmember. We are going to add another bolt on each side but we jacked the trans up and expected something to move, the trans mount to pull apart. The car raised up instead. We could easily raise the car without the trans mount or crossmember moving at all.

All we can think of is that the fan was too close to the radiator and was close enough to slurp itself in.

Anyway, we got the radiator out and will take it to a guy Bulletproof knows. We're thinking it can be repaired...

After that we will reconsider the fan setup and button it back up.......

[​IMG]

9. Rusty

Rusty

Good news for sure, cant wait to see it roll in the gates at Pistons and Paint

10. ryno

ryno

sent you a pm rashy.

the pleasure was ALL mine guys.

what ended up being wrong with mama rashy's car?

11. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

glad to hear it wasnt structural Rashy... Pops, you got one fine group of guys lookin out for ya down there sir, many of em i'm proud to call a friend :cool:

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Thanks again to everyone for your help and good thoughts...

Now we've come to the part where I start begging for help.

What we need...

Funds - I know everyone is just swimming in the stuff right now and i just want to make sure you don't drown in it. You did wait thirty minutes after eating before you got back in the money pool, didn't ya? It turns out those darned Insurance Companies don't give a crap about anything and they sure don't pay for much. The medical costs involved here are staggering. All donated funds will be spent on medical expenses.

To rebuild the radiator. If you have a lead on someone who can help a brother out, cheap, and in a hurry, please let me know.

An electric fan. A puller type. Not traditional, I know, and I hate doing it but it makes the most sense for what we need to do right now.

A fan shroud.

Please PM me if you can help in any way.

Thanks!

RASHY

P.S. Ryno -

Not sure what was up with Tracy's car. Electrical Gremlins. I took the battery and Alternator to o'reilly's and had them test both. Both tested good. I noticed a pretty good crack in the Alternator housing. Could it start screwing up when it gets hot because of that? Dunno. Bought a new one. Five year old two year Wal-Mart battery? Pffft, better get a new one of those also.

I think the culprit may have been the clip that goes into the alternator. The hot wire pulled out with ease when I lifted the heater hose off it. Is this the problem? Dunno. But they had new connectors so I replaced that as well. What happened to the clamp that held the hose up off the alternator? Dunno that one either. Some zip ties fixed that temporarily. I also replaced the ground cable and Danny Burford pointed out that the hot lead from battery to starter is much smaller than you would think. I'm surprised I didn't notice that.

I don't have a volt gauge in that thing but came up with a pretty good work around. I'm saving the details of that for the next tech week...

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  13. The diode trio can go out when it gets hot and test good when it is cold.

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. I've got an electric fan if it will meet the dimensions of his car. It's a 2 wire electric fan, nothing fancy.

It's his if he can use it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  16. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Thanks Jake!

We went by Hot Rod Garage (Alliance Vendor) this morning and Jim gave us a brand new 16" 2500 CFM fan. The radiator is 16 inches wide and this fan is perfect for it.

Thanks for the offer though!

17. Cool! Glad to hear they could help. Jim and Jason are good guys.

18. Monkey

Monkey
    from Owasso, OK

Leaving for Bixby Radiator right now. See what they say about the split.

Thanks to all for the wonderful support. Ryno, you can't believe how much you've helped man. Thank you so much.

As for the guys on my team, Rash, Bulletproof and Whitey...none of this would have even been possible without you guys and your tireless work on the 39. Thank you guys for all you have done and will continue to do. We'll make this work.

love,
    monkey

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

so... what'd the rad shop say about the radiator?