Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB DRAG Roadster?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by WoooDaaaa, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Dustin any pics. Thank you

2. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

I have pics of both my uncle's roadster and my fed but I am trying to tie up some loose ends on my car so I can make it to the race on Saturday. I also have to dig through the picture discs and find some suitable pictures. After that all I have to do is figure out how to upload them. I am not a computer whiz by no means, just a dumb ol' machinist. His car is blue with graphics and the old mile high jackson injection with the different length stacks on a BBC. Hard to miss. I invited him to come with me about a week ago at the last minute. Hopefully everyone will be cool and not give him to much b.s. about the car not being totally period correct.

3. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

I have been trying to figure out how to put pictures on here. I found some of the altered and my fed and uploaded them to my documents on my computer but can't figure out how to get them here. Any help would be appreciated. By the way I think your altered looks cool. You seem to have nailed the look of an early 60's ride very well. What are you going to run for a drivetrain?

4. 37 ford banjo rearend 31spline currie axles powerglide with a7' torque now the motor not traditional bored and stroked 60 degree v6 265cu in tunnel ram 2x4 roller cam costing way too much starting over I would have installed a sbc everything in the motor is custom right down to the rocker studs,even had to reroute the oil lines because the sleeves block the oil passages.
    I don't post many pics because i'm an old geezer and only semi- computer literate.

5. prostborgward

prostborgward
    BANNED

the hamb drag roadster, final between Snyder and Cottrell was by far the best race of the night. side by side long burnouts and then a heads up 8.92 race won by a .2035 margin. the race was run with a old timer and a young pup. and the pup won after they was done racing. they both could not belive how great of a show they just put on. it was neat watching this too talk about their run , and seeing two different age hamb racer have such a great time . cant wait for next year. BRING ON MORE SIDE BY SIDE RACING. the fans loved it. GREAT SHOW hope it goes on forever KEN:):):):):)

6. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

I am glad you liked what you saw. My uncle was not to sure about this kind of racing but he was real happy by the end of the day. His car is capable of running mid 8's or quicker but was having some missing issues at the top end of the track. He was still running his normal 5.58 1/8th mile which should be 8.50-60 in the quarter. I think it's a fuel or ignition problem. I didn't really have time to help him much as I was running my dragster. Mine was the black car that ran 8.31 the last pass. I wish they would have run us dragster guys side by side, it wasn't too much fun running single passes.

7. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

[​IMG] here is a pic maybe.

8. anyone have pics of most of the altereds and m/r there had to be more than 7sins, mr mac dragon fly. how did everyone run doesn't matter if it's not your best time as long as you had fun.

9. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

My uncle ran an 8.88 and ended up being the quickest roadster. It was missing after the 1/8th mile though. Come to find out he had his rev limiter set at 6500. Can't make the end of the quarter like that. He still ran his normal 5.58 1/8th mile though. When I figure this computer out better I will post more pics.

10. Dustin Cottrell

Dustin Cottrell

I forgot I also ran an [email protected] in my 1967 Mark Williams fed. I ended up second quickest. 8.13 was the quickest.

11. where has everyone gone? Dustin nice FED where are the pics of your uncle's altered and where are the pic's of black mariah anybody! I didn't see too many pic's of Altereds or FEDs close up I enjoy looking at how other people create their rides.