Register now to get rid of these ads!

Okay come clean .How well did you run ???

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by The Shocker, Aug 23, 2009.

1. The Shocker

The Shocker

I couldnt be happier with the way my Dart ran .This was my first time to run it in the 1/4 .My shadetree dumbass redneck mods paid off.The Dodge had a previous all time best in the 1/8 of 7.58 at 91 mph with a 1.67 60ft.I fucking blew that away with a great 7.39 in the 1/8 at 93 mph and an 11.71 at 112.8 mph in the 1/4 with a 1.63 60 ft.I was hoping to break into the 11.70's and i almost broke into 11.60's .This was in the heat of the day mind you .Time to get a 6 point bar in this sucker...

2. RICKY MCGREGOR

RICKY MCGREGOR
    from wichita ks

Not worth a shit(found out i had the by-pass in backwards).But still had a great time.

3. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I went a 13.26 with the Model A. Had a great time! Can't wait till next year!

4. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

The Cadillac powered yeller "T" went 10.14 at 128.......a new MoKan best for me. The 60' time was 1.35

Chicken

5. The Shocker

The Shocker

I saw your "T" run ,and i was real impressed with it ...

6. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Quote: "My shadetree dumbass redneck mods paid off"

Hey man,those kinds of mods are the best kind. My "T" is full of them....no need to spend big bucks 'til all the backyard tricks have been covered,lol. BTW that Dart looked and sounded like the real deal.

Chicken

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks ...

8. Greezy

Greezy

Was great to get to chat with you Shocker, and I love the little Dart. The 40 ran a 15.27 @93.07 on the 1st run. Second run was 14.72 at 96.59 and the last run was 14.60 @96.57.
    Im pretty convinced thats about all shes got, with out doing some major changes.

9. Roothawg

Roothawg

The first run in 2 years and it ran a lame 13.25. We changed the pill and plugs and well.......it liked it. A little too much.

10. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

Man, that was a wild run....

11. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

The tub ran a best of 14.8432 through the mufflers. I was pleased, lets do it again next year. What do ya say?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  12. madmak95

madmak95

best yet.....11.89 @115 mph

13. Tsquared

Tsquared
    from Pratt, Ks.

The white `40 ford with Peacock blue fender...ran a best ever 14.78...I was more than happy with it...No trial runs or suspension adjustments...

It`s maiden voyage was 17.04 and It scared me!!!

Thanks to GREEZY for prodding me for that last run!

Tom

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

Congrats to you all on your E.T. achievments, and it sounds like everyone had as much fun as i did.It was good to meet sum more Hambers and see sum that i already knew ,but havent seen in awhile ...

15. My best was a 12.4963 @ 112.19

First the bad. I didn't have a single run where I made each shift. Stupid driver! Not sure if it's just a syncro issue or if the clutch is not disengaging. Back at the hotel after the drags it was grinding as I tried to get her in reverse. Hmmmm. Gonna have to think this through.

Now the good. The homemade caltracs flat out WORK with the slicks! My best 60' to date was something like a 1.96 but I turned a 1.7605 60' with these.

I've improved my overall et every year up to last year. I didn't improve that this year either but I'm more than happy with the 60' improvement.

16. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Not good at all,10.16 then a 10.40 car usually run 9.60 in the heat,seems to be a fuel delivery problem.:( After the second embarrasing run we loaded up and watched everbody else.

17. Usually when my car regresses that much... I found it Wise to get it back on the trailer because it's usually Bad!

Hope yours is a simple inexpensive repair!

18. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Thanks,Your right it's off way to much. I don't think it's internal it seem to be a fuel delivery problem. Only 5lbs of fuel pressure, turned the regulator up as far as it would go and could only get 5 1/2.

19. Home Brew

Home Brew

Ran a 10.44 like we expected on the Chevy 2. With only 12 passes on the car, it runs middle 40's every time, unless we screw up. But the great comments we got on the car, both Friday night in the parking lot and at the strip Saturday made us feel like we were running low 9's. The most common was "Don't ever paint it. It's perfect the way it is." We couldn't agree more. It took 18 years in a pasture to acchieve this look.

20. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

17.3, front end got all wobbly when I hit fourth and chirped tires. left lane was SLICK! I parked it so I could drive it home. That's right, I actually drove mine the whole way.

I would like to thank the rat rod / street rod guys for showing up with their trailers and lawn chairs. They were not in the way at all!

21. NoSurf

NoSurf

I ran a best 17.4071 @ 77.08 mph, 60 foot was 2.5885. Only 1-2 shift.

Not bad for a stuck old flatty.

22. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

My first run was a 16.1 @ 81mph :( I tore up the tranny on the second run. Won't stay in 1st any more. Had lots of fun and now I know what to work on for next year!

"Who let in the street rod fiberglass 33 with a flat monitor in the dash to the Pit side?????" I think I know him. I'll be sure and tell him not to show up next year. I bet he didn't turn a single wrench on that thing.

23. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Ran a dissapointing 12.78 @ 103. Lux and I were fighting fouled plugs all day and I was learning how to launch and set up the shocks for slicks.

Lux noticed towards the end that the stud on the alternater was loose from the inside. Low spark was likely the main culprit for running so rich. But with loosing almost 6 mph, it's still lower on power than with the dual quads. We'll have it dialed in by DOTD.

Sux because the track and the weather were really nice. I feel I wasted a day that should have been low numbers. Still the most fun I've had all year though!

24. My et's sucked eggs, but mph was stratospheric!

The new cam makes a ton more power than I ever had before. I was plagued with issues that ate up all my precious tuning time and getting to know how this new set up worked. The result was watching my previous 60ft time get shelled into tiresmoke in first and second. But mid track and third gear felt JATO assisted, rocketing me into the 120 MPH mark on a 12.9 second run.

I am going to take up Glen and SneakyTiki on their offer to be a track rat and sort the rear out for some much quicker ETs.

25. heberlingmopars

heberlingmopars

13.62 was the best I could muster, sure would have liked to been in the 12's. Oh well, had a great time. Will be shooting for the 12's next year.

26. Glen

Glen

10.24 at 129 mph 1.37 60 ft.

Iam going to change the gear to lower my trap RPM, I think its running out of cam at the stripe. My 1/8 mile times were better by the third run by my top MPH never picked up. I expected the gear would be too low, just ran out of time before the event.

27. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thats the same problem im having with the Dodge .I am running out of cam about 75 ft before the stripe and just leveling out from there on.My 7.39 in the 1/8 doesnt add up to my lame 11.71 in the 1/4.Hence the shitty mph of 112 .I wish someone made the skinny 8.5 slicks im running an inch or so taller ,this bitch has 118 mph trap speed easily at a lower rpm.I 'll bet im going 112 mph 75 ft from the end and just holding it at that point ...

28. silverdome

silverdome

The weather was great and I was telling people Friday night that the times should be better if people can adjust their cars to it. It's usually very hot and humid which makes for some different tuning.

29. MTP

MTP

I got a front row seat for one of those good 60' times since I was in the other lane watching you disappear...

[​IMG]

I had a boost controller problem that essentially had me running on motor only but did muster an 11.20 and 125mph. If I can get back in next year, I would like to drive it to the event, put down an 8 or 9 second pass and drive it back home to KC.

-Chris

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  30. chicken

chicken
    from Kansas

Ah,that's the weird timeslip I have been scratching my head over. Couldn't figure out who ran 11.57 at 123 mph......with a 2.5sec 60' time and 107+ in the 1/8 mile.That explains it! I remembered running you but didn't get a chance to talk to you afterward.Had you been running at full capacity I'd have seen you disappearing quickly,lol.
    You drive it there,run a low 9 or high 8 and drive it home and FlamedAbone will have to relinquish the title......

chicken