Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone else waited three months for Coker?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirty Dug, Aug 25, 2009.

1. customer service right there ! try to get some of these other mail order places have a vp of sales and customer service contact you. Thank you Coker for checking in on us !

2. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I have Cokers on both of my hot rods - wouldn't have it any other way

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

NO!!!!!! Don't do it girl....

4. I think Coker wrote the book on customer service. I had a problem with bias ribbed tires. they took great care of me and solved the problem. I'll go back.

5. until the tires in question are mounted both on rims and vehicle rolling down the road with zero issues should anyone praise the "customer service dept."! thats when that 100% satisfied customer number is nearing being achieved!:rolleyes: keep us updated with pic's just dug.:D

6. bonesy

bonesy

I've never had problems with them shipping or backing their tires. Roundness is another matter....

8. Doug, you want to know what the problem is? You're ordering radials.

ha ha.

9. rodncustom

rodncustom

Obviously Coker now realizes who you are. They just didn't know before.:)

10. rodncustom

rodncustom

Just take a look at Rich's(Tri Deuce Dickey) roadster. He has the 16" whitewall radial tires on his. They look awesome! Dougs are going to be blackwalls.

11. No shit!

12. barnescole

barnescole

Went with diamondbacks on mine, and was VERY pleased with the customer service and the tires! They came exactly when they said they would.

13. Ya Brandi, I thought we had this talk!!!

14. thats good!!!

15. Brandi

Brandi

Don't worry, guys. Mine will only be run on the 200 mile+ events. I'll keep the Firestone tires on, unless we are leaving the state.

16. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

17. Weasel

Weasel

I had the grand tour of Coker's HQ last week and it was impressive. I checked out the bias ply look radial 16"ers and would not hesitate to run them - nice looking tire. Doesn't Cuznbrucie run these in blackwall on his coupe?

I have used both Coker and Diamond Back and had great service from both companies. In my experience every company has a hiccup now and then - it can usually be resolved with a pleasant attitude and asking them for an honest timeline, rather than a complaint.

To debunk the myth that Diamond Back do not have 16" bias ply look radials, here are their sawtooth radials I just put on my '33 coupe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

radials are the fix to bias plys same as putting that chev motor in your ford

19. John M

John M

I had a few problems with a Coker order last year. I placed my order on a Tuesday morning and asked if I would have the tires by the weekend for a car show I planned to attend. I was lead to believe this was possible. One of my old tires had thrown a belt so I now wanted to go from 14” wheels to 15” since I was getting new tires. When I checked with my sales person on Wednesday I found the tires hadn’t been shipped yet. There was no way I would have them by the weekend. I received a detailed explanation about how orders were processed at Coker. The agent said; “I learned some interesting information about the process we go through here at Coker tire when we mount and balance tires. I found it very interesting, and felt I should share it with you.” The guy was learning the order process and sharing it with me! And, apparently he didn’t know what back spacing was or what long valve stems meant (I also ordered Lancer wheel covers from them). When placing the order for the tires, wheels and Lancers for my 51 Shoebox I was very specific about what I needed. The tires & wheels arrived the following week but were not the correct backspacing, had short valve stems and the rears wouldn’t fit under the fenders. The fronts fit but I wasn’t crazy about the look with the tires out towards the fender lips. I looked around on the HAMB and found Jess Hoodenpyle’s email address (VP Sales at Coker). I emailed him the details of my order and he shortly called me and said he would take care of the problems.
    As it turned out, I ended up with 8 tires and 6 wheels at one time, two tires were found to be out of round, two more were sent on wheels with the backspacing I wanted but on a 1” wider wheel and wouldn’t fit. It was a 30 mile drive to the nearest tire shop to have tires and wheels mounted and balanced, unmounted, remounted and rebalanced. This consumed about a month before the car was back on the road again. As it turned out, and to their credit Coker paid me for all of the mounting/balancing and the shipping back and forth to finally get the order right. Jess Hoodenpyle was always very responsive and I was satisfied with that and in the end I would still recommend Coker and will probably order my next set of tires from them because of my dealings with Jess. I am writing off some of the problems with just the nature of our hobby and as anybody knows that has done any amount of work on these old cars, it’s a lot of trial and error, fitting and fitting again to get what we want. I’m not condoning training the sales rep got at my expense, but I’m saying the company stood up and made things right. That means a lot to me.
    As a side note, Coker could not come up with the backspacing and wheel width that I needed on the rear and I found Jimmy and Gary Mclean at Rally America.com (1-559-347-9665) in Fresno, Ca (Also an Alliance Member). While I was on the phone with Gary he knocked a wheel apart and mocked up the rim and backspacing that I needed. They didn’t have a second rim in house and Jimmy went to Wheel Vintique and bought one that day, they welded everything up and shipped the same day. I had the two wheels by the end of the week (California to Missouri). Outstanding customer service! I’ve been meaning to post about their great service for a while now, but you know how that goes. It seems like it’s easier to complain than to praise. Well, Jimmy and Gary and Jess Hoodenpyle are getting praise now.
    I’m now on a first name basis with the tire shop 30 miles from here (closest place with a Hunter Road Force balancer) and they treated me so well, I just bought 4 tires from them for the wife’s SUV. I like the way the Cokers look on my shoebox. As soon as I need new tires for my 40 Stude, I’ll give Coker another chance and I’ll be going to Rally America for some custom back spaced wheels for the rear.
    Doug, I hope things get moving for you now. Every business screws up at some time. It’s how they deal with their screw up that separates the good from the bad. Hopefully some good will come out of your ordeal now that you are on a first name basis with Jess.

John

20. Kustm52

Kustm52

yeah, you could always order a set of their square firestones....

Brian

21. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

Ryan, I spend all of my time enjoying my work and enjoying my family. The same goes for everyone else here at Diamond Back. If I was to make an assumption about you or your site right now, nothing bad would be said. I think you have a great site. By the sheer volume of traffic you have created, many others think the same. Personally, I've never met you or even talked to you so I can't make a judgement about you. If your website reflects you as a person, you seem passionate in what you do. God knows we need more of that in today's world. Fact is, if I didn't like the HAMB, I wouldn't be here.

I do take offense to any phrase that depicts us as unprofessional. That is not at all true. It is true, long ago, that we had an employee by the screen name of "Mustang Ron" that came onto your site representing Diamond Back Classics. His tactics were, in my opinion, very unprofessional, even childish. His words do not define our business practices.

The existence of our company allows consumers to have a choice in their tire purchase. To all that read this, I invite you to call us and talk to us about our selection, our process, and ultimately, to make your own decision about what kind of company we really are.

Now excuse me while I go play in some rubber dust.

Tab Chapman
    V.P. Diamond Back Classic Radials
    1 888 922 1642

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Tab, I like your reply... A lot...

I had some pm's forwarded to me not long ago that suggested you guys were upset with me. But ya know what? Assuming that was fact was childish on my part and only magnified by my post above. I apologize.

In any case, I'm all forgetting our problems of the past. We are all car guys, right?

Sorry fellas and I mean it...

23. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I have nothing but good things to say about Coker, got my tires in 2 days, and very friendly customer service.

24. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

No offense taken bro.

You're right, we are all car guys. Having fun while preserving a little slice of history, not a bad way to live.

25. DBTires

DBTires
    from Conway, SC

Beautiful. Can we add the last picture to our website?

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Smart girl, you won't be dispointed.
    Might I suggest you contact Diamondback and get a quote from them. By just changing my tires and nothing else on Big Olds, my ride is noticable smoother with no vibrations (which I had prior to the new rubber). Tab from Diamondback (see above response) did me right a couple of months ago. I'm extremely impressed with not only their product but their sales staff as well. I've had no issues what so ever so I can not comment on their customer service.

27. What tires were you running prior to the DBs?

28. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I called Coker in the spring for some 16 radials. They were honest and told me it would be a couple of months.

I couldn't wait that long, so I bought a set of Diamondbacks. Took 2 weeks and I could not be happier with them. They are metric, but comparable in size to 700-16 and 550-16s. Federal brand tires and they look as close to bias as you can get w/ a radial. They are the ones in my avatar.

Nothing against Coker, but the Dbs have been running great.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  29. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

yup, had they known they were dealing with the "Pacific Northwest Mick Jagger",,they would have made good long ago!!

30. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I've never had coker tires but I just bought a set of diamond backs they told me it would be 3 weeks got them in two. look good drive great