Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grundy, Haggery...ect.. Insurance question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bandit, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Bandit

Bandit

Hey guys...got a insurance question from one of my friends who doesn't do computers!!

He is just about finished (90%) with a beautiful 31 Buick Sedan....(will post pics soon)...He tried getting insurance thru his existing insurance company (progressive) and they said they wont touch it do to the multitude of modifications performed.

Wish I had a pic..but here are some mods:

Chopped 5"
    Channeled 3"
    Big Block with a blower---Scoop sits even with the roof line!
    6" ride height
    Fenderless
    Hoodless
    Sidepipes

Car was build right with SAFETY being priorty one!

So...before I go and refer him to a company like GRUNDY, HAGGERTY....ect... just looking for a "HEADS-UP" of what kind of "problems" can he expect getting insured.

Thanks

Bandit

2. mj40's

mj40's

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i have had grundy for awhile, no claims for me, but have talk to others who have ,o problems. you need agreeded value insurance. they are very reasonable.

4. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Go Hagerty - no problems and the best customer service www.hagerty.com

5. My vote is Grundy. Had the Hag's no problems. Grundy was a bunch cheaper for me. $0.02

6. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Go Hagerty - no problems and the best customer service www.hagerty.com

7. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

At my dyslexic best I read 'Grundy, Haggery' as 'Hurdy Gurdy' and was wondering why Donovan was selling insurance!

8. weez

weez

I use AAA collector car now, they don't require you to have a regularly insured daily driver, my '58 Ranchero is my daily and I have collector on it, so my insurance is super cheap, and after losing my Comet and getting nothing because of "regular" insurance, I'm a stickler for being fully covered.

9. Bandit

Bandit

Thanks for the replies and from more SEARCHING it looks like GRUNDY seems to be the popular choice.

Now, has anyone submitted photo's to GRUNDY only to have it rejected because a big ass blower slightly obstructs your view???

Bandit

10. Wilson Perf.

Wilson Perf.

I have JC Taylor. Agreed value and I got them through my Farmers agent. They were around 25% cheaper than Hagerty for the same coverage and policy stipulations.

Hope this helps.

Bill

11. Chevguy37

Chevguy37

I have Grundy. I know of a customer that has had 3 claims in 3 years, all his fault and they did not drop him or raise rates excessively. Talk to those that have filed claims for the best comparisions.

12. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

With all of these policies how do they handle different drivers? My boy is now 26 yrs. old but has never driven the big ol convertible due to State Farm policy. I would change policies so he could have some fun.

13. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

At 26 I think thru Hagerty he can be covered

14. mprice

mprice
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Washington

Grundy has treated me good for 10 years. They have told me they would insure a car throughout the build. You will need to adjust its value as you progress.

15. NoSurf

NoSurf

I use American Collectors- an Alliance vendor. Great customer service, and I was happy with the way my claim was handled last year.

16. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

as always ...so helpful with your endless insight:confused:

17. jerry7702

jerry7702
    from fla

i just sent my payment in to grundy steel 27 track roadster . 284.00 for 18000. my buddy just had a 32 coupe slip of the jack ,payment has quick and hassle free.

18. smith32

smith32
    BANNED

ive got Grundy on all six of our cars.......we buy, trade and sell cars all the time and they have never given us any problems about changing the policies and it is super cheap

never had a claim with them tho and hope to never have too

now on another note, my cousin has Grundy on her 40 Pickup, it was insured as a stocker..... just changing the wheels out to a set of american 5 spokes made her have to change it from a stocker to a modified vehicle....... no biggie, just a price difference

19. grundy rules.................

20. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Hagerty has been good to me

21. I found Grundy to be advantageous in price for the same coverage, particularly on a modified vehicle...no claims (knock on wood!)

Hagerty's quote nearly doubled when they heard that I had such numerous "performance modifications" on my '60 F-100. In my opinion, the addition of power 4-wheel disc brakes and IFS makes my truck safer and more modern. Not to them.

22. Gahrajmahal

Gahrajmahal

Hey Levis Classic, thanks for the heads up. I will get in contact with Hagerty to find out for sure.