Register now to get rid of these ads!

15" Ford Wheels Factory Pin Stripes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little Wing, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Did the 49-51 Lincoln 15x6 or the 49-64 Truck wheels come with the 3 pinstripes like the older 16 " wheels did?

Trying to find match for these,,also what was the name of this Maroon / Burgundy color.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. rollie

rollie

I've got a lot of measurements taken from original striping on wheels from the past 33 years. I know 49-50 Chevs did but I don't think the Fords did . I think they stopped in 48

3. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

If memory serves me..I think Ford stopped striping wheels after the war. Bruce??

4. milorat

milorat
    BANNED

I bought 4 -15"x5" with Merc caps and rings that look just like yours this past winter at a swap meet. I can't tell if they are brown or purple because I'mm color blind. No, they are not for sale.....

5. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

6. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

the maroon that was used on early ford wheels was mandarin maroon. Those wheels with inside cap nubs were used until '48 then they went to outside nubs in '50 on. Ford and Merc both. Trucks too. Hard to tell from the pic what color you have. By the way, a few wheel aftermarket folks offer that wheel. The styling key is the open vents vs. solid.

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

yeah ,,I know,,thing is trying to match these age wise :( not gonna be easy I'm sure

Thanks for the color info

8. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

What do you mean "age wise"? Are you trying to find a match with the same color/stripes? If they are 16" it may not be too hard. Good luck.

9. blitz

blitz

i know this is no help but are those the wheels with marker on them. if so how did you get it off

10. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Yes the are and SOS pad,,, though I did the whole wheel and not just 1 spot so everything was kinda uniform,,,was to worried with the chemical ideas that I would end up with some kinda stain spot that I would never be able to get out. I did circular motion as well as I was told that is the way to do it ,,not just back and forth..

Bill age wise I mean the look these are 16's but I need to find 15 that will be close,,I know thats a tall order but ,,:)

11. SASROD

SASROD

This is a 15 x 5 wheel I have. it looks like its the same color as your wheels, but its missing most of the paint. The pin stripes are a little further out. Its stamped Ford between the lugs on the front, and Kelsey Hayes inside partially covered by a rivet.

Attached Files:

12. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Do you have a pair of them :D is that still a 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern ?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  13. SASROD

SASROD

Just have the one and it is 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern.