Register now to get rid of these ads!

1929 FORD COUPE VALUE??? please help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Aug 18, 2009.

1. I'm with lonewolf. Offer her $1701 and then tell her, "Thanks, maybe next year.".

It'll still be sitting in the same place next summer so you can offer her less next year and get it cheaper.

Remove all emotion from the purchase and that $2500 will look like way too much.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

in my opinion, that car is worth $2500, but i agree-nobody is really buying anything, everyone wants to trade because nobody has any money. i'd say if you got it for $2100 it would be worth it for sure. don't be fooled, it is rusty, and you're only going to find more rust as you strip it down. but, i've seen way less go for way more. also, don't be fooled into thinking you can sell off the chassis for any kind of huge amount, i'd pay about $350 for it the way it sits, if you threw in the motor too.

3. Irish Dan

Irish Dan

Whatever you do, don't come off as desperate with her! I'd give $1500 to $ 2000 even though I Think she could sell it for more. Model A coupes are very cool!

4. As good as that is, someone will buy it at that price or offer close to it, especially an A guy who knows his stuff. If it was a rusty piece of junk missing tons of parts, that might be a different story.

As for the $1701 offer, if you did that to me I'd sell it for less to someone else just to be sure when you called next year or whatever I could say "sorry, asshole" ...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

By now you should have that car and parts home in your garage for the $2500 counteroffer! WHAT!? You don't?

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

I like that it's complete, although it's fairly rough. I'm not sure what I'd offer.

Now, when I hear, "I don't know, make an offer" I tell the seller, "well, I can't be the buyer and seller, so you most likely won't like my offer but I'd be glad to make one." That usually gets things down to business.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  7. mackster

mackster

Looks good! more than what most guys here started with...BUY IT! and post bigger pictures! I really would like to see details! :D

8. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

You got her negotiating, now ask her what her bottom dollar is and buy it. Even if you have to give the whole $2500, it looks like a good deal; one you aren't going to able to match anywhere else.

9. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Oops, somebody doesnt appear to have the cash. Pass her number along if you wont make the deal.

10. Good advice right there, especially if you are looking for one. You could probably sell it for plenty more if you bolted it all together and cleaned it up.

Maybe you could get her to throw in the carport.........

11. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

Yea ill know this morning if im going to get it this weekend,

12. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Take the money, trailer, and a couple of friends when you pick it up. Don't forget the title. Get it soon brother! I've seen so many deals fall through because some guy came for the car the day before.

Keep us posted. We're hoping to hear good news.

13. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I just called and left her a message that im going to take it. Going to pick it up sat.

14. Lots of people here want to see you get the car but do YOU want the car? You said you didn't need another project so why pay top dollar for something you don't need? If you can get it for a steal, steal it. If you can't, enjoy the $2500 you didn't have to spend. It'll probably be sitting right where it is next year.

15. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

some one is coming to look at it today and i hate to miss it bc ive been wanting a a model coupe for a while and couldnt find one at reasonable price. anyways my friend said he would buy it from me for 3k if i end up not wanting it so i cant loose how i look at it. i just dnt have time to work on it much right now but i maybe able to in a few months

16. sirhc

sirhc
    from Boise, ID

Nothing like peer pressure... go get that thing!

17. white64

white64
    from Maine

Look at it this way, there may be other 29 coupes out there, and maybe even in this shape for that price! But ithis one is not on the other side of the world or even a few states away! You're near it! You've seen it! You don't have to pay $1000 for someone to bring it to you!.. There aren't too many down sides to this deal! Even your buddies know it's worth it! ..and so would the guy coming to look at it today! Besides if you're like the rest of us.. we've missed out on cars because we hesitated.. hindsight is 20/20 but kicking yourself in the ass is forever!

18. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

im going to pick it up sat. morning guys.

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Good for you, don't forget to ask the seller to look in the bookcase for any shop/restoration manuals, parts books that she may have for the car and any parts that may be in the closet or attic or garage that weren't thought about until now.
    And the all-important title...properly signed or have the correct form from the DMV for estate sellers if her name isn't on the title. Wouldn't hurt if the motor number on that engine block in the front seat matched the title VIN either.

20. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

i went to look at it today again and the roof is pretty roof on top where someone has tried to make the roof on it. i didnt get it but still thinking what should i do?? the roof hs been pieced together on top please help is it still worth it?

21. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

It is a leatherback. Most of the roof was covered and more wood in it to hold it together than a standard coupe. You can find standard roofs at times and bolt it on. Then it would be a standard coupe. I bought a roof a couple years ago for $500 and saw one the other day on E-bay go for around $700 or so. Other option is to finish the top that is on it now. From the pictures, it doesn't look that bad but pictures tend to make things better then they are.

The price is right even with a poor roof but it is up to you if you want a Model A or not.

Neal

22. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

What happened to this?
    It is still a good deal, did you talk yourself out of it?

23. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

I'm with Brian, after sandblast and patch panels bla bla bla. 1200$ the rest of it is shit. Frame looks rotted too.

24. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

Don't forget window regulators, wood kit, and all the other mics things you need.

25. 19-c

19-c

You wont have to worry about it because someone will snatch it up for that price. Besides, I always get a kick out of "what is this worth?" Its worth what someone is willing to pay, and I gaurantee someone is willing to pay $2500 for it. Publish her name and number on here and see how long that car lasts.

26. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

she called me and said $2000 is the lowest wha t yall think??

27. Tell you friend about it and let him buy it for 2 grand,,,it surely sounds like you are not interested in the coupe and don't want it. HRP

28. 31whitey

31whitey

Honestly...If others have checked it too and passed on it....

Shes sweatin it....

Bring 1500 hundo and its....hell even a grand might do it...that frame looks like a sea wall....

good luck.

29. t5stang91

t5stang91

go buy it !!!!!!!

30. get it for 2k!..hell if you don't buy it i'll come down and get it for that!..i've seen worse go for far more than 2K..i'know someone that's got parts if ya need em..PM me