Register now to get rid of these ads!

Astro chrome slot wheels??????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Jan 7, 2008.

1. RodStRace

RodStRace

Jackman Wheels. Used to be here in El Cajon. No longer around. I did a search , and lots of people are looking for those things.

2. A lot of people looking for wagon wheels? I would have never thunk it. As far as the slots on the LRE trucks, a resto site claimed Western as the OEM.

3. eberhama

eberhama

I think I still have a set of 14x6 or 7, 5 on 4.5" pattern with decent chrome, if anyone needs some.

4. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I just saw one on a Dodge at Home Depot held on by 4 lug nuts.

5. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Haha, how much?

6. I wish I could find a set of these for my Miata, They'd be FAB-U-Licious!
    [​IMG]

And to get it back OnT, these are the ones from Webster, that cleaned up pretty good and are now in Auburndale. 14 x 6
    [​IMG]

7. SportsterBobber

SportsterBobber
    from Duluth MN

i have 10 chrome slots out in my garage mostly sets of two but dont any of them are 5X5 pattern you need

8. impalamike

impalamike
    from Texas

Its been a year since this threat. Anyone repopping them now?

9. I wish they were. I have 14 of them in various sizes and bolt patterns but having a hard time getting any chrome shops to rechrome them.

WHEELKID: are you listening... there might be a market for some of these

10. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

HI, I have got (2) 14x6, 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern, NOS-NEW IN THE BOX, Also I think I have (2) 15 x 10, 5 on 4 3/4 chevy bolt pattern, NOS, NEW IN THE BOX,and maybe a couple more, will have to check. These were made in the 60s, in USA, by Durachrome.pm me if interested... Chrome plated steel with kidney bean slots in them.... Here is a pic of the 14x6 ones

Attached Files:

warren veiner likes this.
  11. blown green t

blown green t

That looks like high school 1979! I wonder if those were Gabriel Sky Jacker Shocks?!

12. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

if anyone needs a set of 14s.... i got 4 u can have FREE

dont wanna ship though

13. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

BUMP THIS OLD THREAD..... thread hopper

I'm also looking for a pair of these chrome slot 15" skinny's

5.5 or any other bolt patterns

14. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I saw a set at the local flea market that were aluminum but looked just like steel ones ( I thought they were steel ) .I ask the guy he said the were Bart Wheels.He wanted $250 for them,they sure did look good though.They were made just like the steel ones.

15. RacerRick

RacerRick

I would love a set of these for my 57'. Did they make skinnies?

16. The car had bigger GM car springs in the rear. No worries about losing air and cutting tires.I did have Hijackers in my 66 Chevelle though..

17. hereis another one of my Chevelles I had when I was young. Same style of rims on the front.

Attached Files:

18. SteadyT

SteadyT

See if these guys have the BP you are looking for:

http://www.twe-inc.com/wheretobuy.php

These SLT Muscle Mags are pretty close. The number below is for 'Hot Rod Hank's'

For the ones I am looking for, I spoke to a gal there and it will be 120 days before one can get 15x7's or 15x8's in the 5x4.5bp, but apparently they have the 15x10 up the ass. Try and give them a call if you guys are looking for skinny's

-Tyson

19. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Got some as well..

Attached Files:

20. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

You guys think these are Astros?
    [​IMG]
    I need a set of these for the front of my Cutlass.
    I can't believe there isn't a company making these. They are so close to wheels already produced.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  21. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

I think if you look in old "Rod and Custom" mags they were called "Astro
    Standards" versus the more popular "Astro Supremes". I bought a perfect set of them at a swap 2yrs ago for $40.00 ran them on my wagon for a summer with spider caps. I think that they are the epitome of tacky cool.

22. VonMoldy

VonMoldy
    from UTARRGH!

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  23. drpushbutton

drpushbutton
    from Kansas

I'm looking for skinny 15" chevy pattern chrome slots ifn anybodys gottem.

24. SportsterBobber

SportsterBobber
    from Duluth MN

I have about 12 Chrome slots out in my garage been picking them up at swap meets for last ten years most are small chev pattern but coupe are small mopar & couple are 5X5 I will dig them out & take pics of them if theres people that want to buy them

25. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Sorry to have to tell you this, but it must have been in your area only cause in the midwest you saw as many with Astro slots as you did Ansen aluminum slots. If your old enough to remember the early 60's you would know. If not, get some 60's magazines and check it out. They are "kool beans" in my book. Actually I have 3 pair that I might be forced to pass on if the money was right. Oh, did I say they were still NEW in the original boxes?

26. back in the 70's my buddies dad was night watchman at the local dump and one night he calls me and says get over here and bring your van. their had been a fire at a local warehouse and the stuff that was "water damaged" was paid off by insurance so they always took said items to the dump well a 40' truck load of custom wheels shows up he tells driver he will unload the stuff so driver can borrow his truck to go home and get some sleep (local guy) we spend the entire night and move thousands of those crome slotted wheels to a airplane hanger nearby and dumped some so the driver can take pic for insurance co. every car,truck,van i owned had these wheels. shit i polished wheels until i realized if you offered up a free set a person would polish wheels for a week or until their hands cramped up and couldn't hold brass wool anymore. i sold more of those wheels for $40 a set at local swapmeets selling about 20 sets a day. having mostly 14x7 gm pattern people would call between swapmeets for them. we finally ended up selling the rest after a couple years to some guy for $5 each and we still had 500+ wheels. i'll probaby have to start my treatments all over again:eek::D one thing about my buddies dad he didn't waste his time unless $$$ was in it for him.

27. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

I think the slotted Astros were pretty common here in Ohio, too. My dad and a buddy of his didn't have much good to say about me choosing "astros" for my Impala, because the only Astro they knew was the slotted mag, and like was said earlier, a lot of fellas were sick of em or didn't like them back in the day. They were surprised when they saw the Supremes.

28. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

My Dad has a set of the Heart Lines. The chrome is pretty poor these days but they're 15x6 chevy pattern. Rollers for his GTO currently.

I've got a set of 15x3.5 that are painted and another pair of 14x6 with decent chrome. Thinking about doing a Baja Bug and running the skinnies with knobbies all 70's like. :cool:

29. monsterflake

monsterflake

what do you have? any 15's? most of the ones i've come across are 14's, and while i have a stash of nos 14" bias plies, i'd like to have some 15's for a better tire selection.

dickster, what do you have?

30. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

here is a pic of my 39 chev from 1974 - it sports the 15" astro-type wheels ( fronts were 6-lug - very rare! )- 15x4, 15x8...note the drag pipes for exhaust - this was my drag car until my 3rd kid came along - it was then our 'family car' put 350,000 miles on it from 1972-2005......my 1960 vintage model A hotrod is pictured here in 2008 and sports the same type of wheel - just found a pair of 15's at goodguys, columbus so i will now have 14's up front and 15's on the rear....they are hard to find in any condition but very hard to find in 'nice' condition... I LIKE 'EM ! - obviously....remember, superior wheel made almost the 'exact' same wheel as the astro brand - in fact my 14's are superior's with the original centers...I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF 'SKINNEY' 15's WITH A UNILUG OR SM FORD PATTERN....johnnyB

Attached Files: