Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pebble Beach '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A32Flathead, Aug 11, 2009.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

I did paint a 166 that got a Second Place award at Pebble Beach back in the late '80's. My only connection to the event so far. Maybe 2010 will be my first year there.

2. 36tbird

36tbird

A bit off topic, but let me ask here. A few days ago I stumbled on a show about Pebble Beach and I think it was on the Smithsonian Channel. It talked about 3 different collectors getting their cars to the show and I think the gent out of Reno with a Delahaye (sp?) won the best of show. I cannot find a reference for that show and I would sure like to see it again or get a copy. Anybody know what channel that was on and a reference to find it? Thanks.

3. Choptop

Choptop

was one of the cars an Austin American?

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Packard class sounds interesting too. What could it be...custom coachwork? V-12s (Meadowbrook this year as well)? Notable historics? Hard to say. Been there once and won a 1st and a 3rd for some cars I've done. Hey, 'Flathead, there a mid 30s Lincoln coming from the east coast. I've been told about it, has a great story and history, and the owner's a deep down car guy. Ask him and he'll give the lowdown. I was hoping to see it at Meadowbrook but I think he saved it for Pebble. It's got a story most of us here will love. If ya think of it, tell him Jocko said to look him up and say hello. And no, I'm NOT settin you up. You'll like it.

5. alsancle

alsancle

I would love to see some pictures of Sergio Franchi's Issotta Franchini. It was restored by a friend of mind and I was there when they were loading it on Saturday.

Attached Files:

6. Erik B

Erik B

I'm hoping to make it. Very last minute. Missed last year and I can't miss 2 in a row.

7. Erik B

Erik B

I going to go but my friend can't so he canceled his room in Salinas for Fri and Sat night. If you need a room for those nights you may want to call the Good Nite Inn at 831-757-9667. Good luck!

8. My parents (Gold Country Auto Restoration) will be there with the Mae West Duesenberg and the 53 Nash Palm Beach show car. Unfortunately I can't make it, but I would TRULY appreciate any pics you all can post. It really is an awe inspiring gathering of the most beautiful machines on the planet.

9. Erik B

Erik B

The Mae West Deusy! Now I'm really glad I'm going. And the Nash is a Pininfarina design? Auto-overload!

10. 40 HP

40 HP
    from 90045

I'm goin'... wish I had a HAMB shirt to wear.

11. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

Small world, I saw him going North on 101 through Morgan Hill around 4:30 yesterday.

No Pebble Beach for me this year, but we will be at the Concorso Italiano tomorrow.

12. This was Tuesday morning on 101 near Morgan Hill....He was scouting the route for the Willies Place Cruise & Show this Sunday :D

13. Yup, the Duesenerg is a creamy white ( everywhere, paint, upholstery, carpet, top, wheel covers, etc. I thought during the build it would look bland, but the car is spectacular.)
    The Nash s indeed a Pininfarina design. I didn't get to see it completed before it left, but it is a dark metallic green with silver roof.

14. PhatCaddy

PhatCaddy

Plus officer....the car is like over 50 years old. They didn't go that fast way back then.......

B

15. williesplace

williesplace
    BANNED
    from campbell

Hey that gives me another idea.A POWER RUN FOR KADDIES!!!

16. Pebble Beach here we come...Pics at 11 from Pre Show preparation day