Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real barn find! About time!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Aug 12, 2009.

1. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

For God's sake get that shattered plate glass quarter window replaced before someone gets cut real bad. It'll be some innocent kid and you'll be up the creek.
    While you're at it replace the other quarter window, the door glasses and the rear glass. That is just regular old plate glass NOT safety plate laminated glass and it is dangerous to keep it that way. Only the windshield in Model As is safety plate glass.
    Have fun, you've got a rare opportunity to enjoy a REAL old car.

2. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

good lord that car is nice. whayever YOU decide to do with it, good luck!

3. RacerRick

RacerRick

I personally would leave the body and interior as it sits, but juice brakes, a hopped up banger, a drop axle, and some different wheels (wires or steelies) would make the car your own, while not hurting it as a survivor. Everything is bolt on, and as long as you keep the originals, it can easily be put back to stock. I would fix that glass!

4. 29SX276

29SX276

My,my, that's a sweetheart of a car!Well done!!

5. Nice find!....Great score!.....stockers are fun....ENJOY!

6. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Damn, OldSkool! I have ONLY seen two "As" like this, dead stock, not screwed with. One was in the late '50s (a '31; my dad borrowed it 3-4 times and took us kids to the drive-in movies! He repaid the guy by giving it a tune-up. What a neighbor, eh?).

The other one was in 1972 when a rodder buddy told me there would be an auction on a Sat. morning of a '29 "business coupe" parked in a garage isnce 1951 (still had the '51 plates on it!). Only at car shows have I seen a treated-canvass covering on the steel top of a Model-A. This one didn't have a tear. S.O.B. sold for $900.

Now, if you got THIS "pristine" specimen for $6,000, I guess you had to mow their lawn for a year, then sign away your soul????? LOL

One hell of a buy, nowaday. Having seen the recent New Jersey garage ifnd, I do believe these dodo birds ARE still out there, BUT they have to be getting rare!!!!

Sorry, but I side on this one with the RESTORE crowd. Your call, though, and I know ALL HAMBers are behind you.

Congrats again! Sheesh and holy mackerel, Good capture, buddy!!!!!

7. RAY With

RAY With

Finds like this are far and few between and you a lucky guy. I got one last year and last month did the motor swap to another banger but with the counter balanced crank and the complete 32 package. Runs so much better and smooth at 65 mph.You no doubt will enjoy many years of driving -Good luck with it.

8. olskool34

olskool34

Here is the story. The 2nd owner bought it in 1953 when he was 13 years old. He passed away about a decade ago and it has been in his barn ever since. The widow just decided to let it go. I have decided to keep the car as is with a few additions to the motor and that's it. It is way to nice to cut up and it deserves it for staying together that long. It does look like work was started a long time ago as there are sanded parts, and some freshly painted parts that now have surface rust from being stashed away.

9. ShelbyStang

ShelbyStang

What an incredible find!

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

NUTS. That is so cool, Have fun. Slim

11. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

Nice find, good price 2

12. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Great looking car - awesome find. I have been sorting through the same decisions since picking up my '29. At the end of the day a hopped up banger, juice brakes and "attitude adjustment" with the suspension seemed like the right course. I am doing it a little at a time and driving it. Have fun with it!!!

13. Gigantor

Gigantor

I think my jaw might have broken when it just hit the floor. Good for you.

14. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Is it cool? Sorta kinda. Don't let any of these PSEUDO HOTRODDERS talk you into leaving it alone because they think it's cool.

I've seen plenty of old men running around in stock A's. Are they cool? Sorta kinda.

Yeah, I get it. It's a survivor Model A Coupe... I've seen a few.

HOP THAT BITCH UP!

Are you a Restorer or a Hotrodder?

Hopped up Model A Coupe? Cool.

...and I may as well throw in the most over-used statement on the HAMB: It's your car, build it how you want it.

15. lowrodderDon

lowrodderDon
    BANNED

Here's one a friend of mine brought over for a little horoddin' It's been in the family for over 35 years. It's getting the full treatment, 302 , 5 speed, 9in , rack, supercharger, new frame and a chopped top but keepin' the fenders and hood.

Attached Files:

16. Sounds just like our "nanny state" politicians here in NZ.
    Find faults in the best of things then demand fixes.... :D:rolleyes:

17. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Great find man!! I say you got a good deal too. I picked up a similar 29 "Special" coupe that's not as solid as that for the same money. It's nice to know some of the history of it as well. Have fun with it, man!!!

18. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Nice score. I gotta start going to church more often....

19. DMFB

DMFB

Damn it...this guy took the words right out of my mouth! haha. Awesome find doood.

20. solid

solid

Wow $6000.00, i'm calling the cops. You cant touch them in running driving shape as nice as yours for less than $10,000(around here). I say hop up the banger put some big and little 16's on it, and drive the do do out of it.

21. olskool34

olskool34

Long time since I updated this and hope you don't mind but I had to post a pic of what I have been gathering for it. Just got a good tranny case, Finally, and am about to swap my 39 gears over to it. Pieced together a tranny adapter kit and found a good 38 shifter handle. I also rounded up 4 nice 35 wires and caps, that all match, and bought some tires. 7.50 for the back and 6.00 for the front. Also bought a reversed eye main spring for the front but I don't have it yet. Wheels are going to be black, and should look damn good I hope!

[​IMG]

22. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

cool nice car and good to see an update

23. make a hop upped banger,keep the body the way it is-CONGRATS MAN!!!

24. olskool34

olskool34

Yeah, banger is staying, maybe a head/intake/headers but that is down the road. Body is staying as is. Thanks for thr compliments guys.

25. BEAR

BEAR

keep the updates coming

26. olskool34

olskool34

Going to blast the wheels this weekend and get some black paint on them. I just got the tubes for them today. I will post pics of before and after.

27. rat seeker

rat seeker

28. this sure is awesome, but im here for hot rods and theres tons of restored As around. i get it that its never been touched and that engine is in great shape.
    id keep the engine as is and put a real hopped up banger in it. that way you can always return it back to original if the mood suits. its a keeper and you can do lots of moods that can always be swapped back. your a lucky man. enjoy the piss outa it!

29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

your doing the right thing. The banger ,better gears some good lookin rollies hell yea! Bitchin car. .......The patina is awesome

30. She's a beaut Clark! I assume you got it in Detroit/Michigan area?? That thing is super solid for the area. Very nice score. I can't wait to see update pics!!