Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FuelFC, Aug 11, 2009.

1. FuelFC

FuelFC

Ok kiddies here is one I need some serious help on.

There is only one repository of knowledge in the world that can quote chapter and verse so I bow to the congregation here at the HAMB and admit defeat. I have searched the great googly moogly for hours...no dice.

Car part or bike part? It is an oil cooler/possible filter of some sort.

If I had to guess vintage early 70's Cal Custom type quality huge power adder product. (for you youngsters Cal Custom was the craptastic chrome bling for the masses in the 70's. Added massive amounts of power and fast times whenever you bolted it on your Gremilin or Pinto)

I would really like to find one and get some info on this fine piece of jun...err piece of art. I just missed out on one and I need one for Top Secret Semi O/T Project Bike "Miss Stress".

Attached Files:

2. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

Sure looks like it belongs on a bike with that fuzzy filter. Like the shovels used.. Maybe ask over at the Jockey Journal.

3. moses

moses

vacuum canister .... jeffrey

4. I do know that it is "ribbed for her pleasure" ;)

5. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

under dash heater core...dealer option?

6. Shape and mounting points say bike. I'm thinking your guess is accurate about it being an auxiliary filter/cooler. Probably for a Hardly-Ableson.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

looks like something a friend of mine had on his 'ol shovel head Harley to keep his oil cooler ..he put it on there back in the early 80's before he went out to Cali. and thru the badlands..
    Looks like an oil cooler.
    Dont know who's make..or if they were worth a dam or not

8. Muttley

Muttley

Flux Capacitor prototype?

9. FuelFC

FuelFC

Thanks for all of the help kids...well most of it anyway LOL... This damn thing has become my nemesis. I have seen them in the past for sale but the early stages of I can't remember shit has set in.

I too am pretty sure it is a bike part. I have a spot for this thing on my new project and it is like the stupid part you just must have for the rod you build that makes no damn difference in operation or reliability. You don't care you just have to have it thing. Like the 4 month blower debacle I went through that just had to be different.

Yes it is ribbed Tman but I do not want to meet the woman who would use it. (and I am not going down that road. Denise and I got into a little trouble with the boss here on that whole sack 'o' dildos thing a while back LOL)
    Could go under dash for heat I suppose, but not real sure that is it.
    Flux capacitor no...well possibly. Mutt you always have good answers.

I will go over to JJ and post it up to see what the two wheeler crowd pulls in and bring back the results to declare a winner. Ryan has me hooked into three sites now. Damn you Ryan! LOL.

10. Tore

Tore

There are hose niples and frost plugs so my vote is some sort off cooler reservoir or expansion canister

11. FuelFC

FuelFC

Tore you talking boobies in code? Ex had some pretty cool reservoirs and could get pretty frosty and they would expand at certain times and moods...err sorry wrong forum.

No frost plugs in it just some casting impressions and two bolt holes for mounting. It is definitely an oil cooler/filter combo. Now I just need the name, part number, source, qty in stock, price (under 30 bucks owuld be cool) LOL.

12. panic

panic

Selling Harley parts for 35 years - never seen it.

13. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

von rigg fink called it it is a shovelhead aftermarket oil cooler , i have one on the shelf still in the box , think there might even be an original assembly diagram with it if the mice havent snacked on it , it uses an flh style oil filter like the one s that go in the stock oil tank ,

14. FuelFC

FuelFC

Well thanks to the boys over at Jockey Journal (Thanks once again boss (Ryan) for teaching me I only need three websites for life someday I will learn to stop doubting LOL). One of the fine folks over there scanned in the catalog page.

It is a Lockhart CFX-2000 oil filter cooler. And here is the scanned ad from Drag Specialties catalog. As well I found them for sale "new" on one site at ahem 40% off for north of $150 bucks LOL. I understand inflation but damn.

Here is all of the info. Thanks to all for the help and once again to Ryan for the playgrounds!

Attached Files:

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

the hell with her, turn it inside out and make it YOUR pleasure