Register now to get rid of these ads!

My boy lost his '53 to a fire!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Westside Lefty, Aug 7, 2009.

1. sixfink

sixfink
    from Germany

drunk drivers causing accidents suck big time.

slightly off topic: I have seen so many rusted shells built up again, despite all of the trim parts, interior and glass missing and lots of holes puncutred in by .22 to .308.

Strangely, I have never seen anyone even attempting at restoring a burned up car. Sure, getting the waves and wrinkles out of the thermally stressed and softened sheetmetal will be one helluva chore, but... I mean, slap in a subframe and a cage, and you're good to go.

How's the frame looking?

2. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

my eyes my eyes...... What a lose

3. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Damn, what a waste. Glad to hear your boy wasn't physically injured.

Ever see a car fire in person? It's like the car is slowly dyeing. A high school buddy of mine had a nice '69 Chevelle that burned. Started as an under dash fire. During the fire the headlights came on, the wipers came on, the horn started blowing, and then nothing but the sound of the fire. Eerie shit!

4. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I have a car that was a "baked beauty".

54 chevy. when it burned, it was a 4 door. now, it's a 2 door. I just found a donor body and we got to work.

the chassis, motor, trans, all of it can be saved. rear end, etc,etc,etc.

I even managed to save some of the original sheetmetal to make patches out of.

the big issue on the 4 door was the roof. yikes...

point being, it can live again.

5. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

Hopefully justice will be served, but I have to come to grips with the "real world". I hope he can rebuild or replace it. Damn!

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That really sucks ! Guys you gotta have Agreed value insurance on your rides. This shit happens way too often and if you leave it to chance that the other drivers insurance will cover it your gonna get burned (no pun intended)

7. Westside Lefty

Westside Lefty
    from Venice

Thanks for all the posts. I will definitely forward this to him. I happened right in front of Baja Cantina on Washington Blvd, about a block from the sand. Here's another pic that gives you a better idea of the damage. WARNING: For viewers w/ strong stomachs.

UPDATE: I just found out he had a bunch of new parts for his 65 Malibu in the trunk!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

You sure you don't live around me? There's a guy in my area that is such a drunk that he is completely unintelligible when he's sober, and only lucid when he's bent. Damn shame. Wouldn't the world be a great place if they actually prosecuted people for their crimes?