Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pics, Gretna, Nebraska Hot Rod Show July 19, 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hat Man, Jul 21, 2009.

1. sololobo

sololobo

btt---nice rendering of Hat's (Dan) Olds, that mill is so cool, it was put together by the team of Dave and his son Davey Schieman in Fremont Ne. Total vintage equip. on the "Rocket". They also sanitized the firewall and painted it. Two of the best!!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. Hat Man

Hat Man
    from Omaha, NE

[​IMG]

Thanks Bonez, those are Rochester carbs, they are original to 49-50 olds. Original Edmunds dual manifold with the original Edmunds air cleaners. It also has a vintage Magspark coil along with a dual point Mallory. Vintage wire guides on the old finned valve covers. The alternator looks out of place, I'll got plans for that thou.

Thanks Jigger, that's an great drawing. I'll have to print that out and frame it.

For more of my work, check out the link below.

3. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Great pics, thanks for posting!!

4. 47convt

47convt
    from Omaha, Ne.

Jigger---love the drawing of Dan's Olds.

5. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Thanx for letting me know, basically if i got the info correct between you and Jigger it is a stock set up from 49/50, but its rare.I think i might have seen a similar set up only once b4, looks bitchin, stock or speed.Of course its pretty difficult for side draughts to look ugly....:p I'll check your profile for a build thread now, id like to see more. Y'know, im trying to dress up my banger to look like its a old mill, kinda, and im doing some serious photo research to have it to look the closer possible to the real deal, yours is the kind of stuff i look at for inspiration and good source of info for parts.