Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Studebaker you can see from space!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, May 4, 2009.

1. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

Grew up near there, brings it back.

2. Drove through Hamilton a couple of days ago and actually had my camera with me...

[​IMG]

3. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

They are being run out of business by the City of South Bend who owns their building. The City refused to renew their lease at the end of the year so they could tear it down and turn it into an empty lot.

Members of the Studebaker Drivers Club are busy trying to put a deal together to buy the huge stash of NOS parts and move them outta South Bend forever.

Oh, yeah - the last Studebakers were built in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada between '64 & '66. I just bought a '66 Wagonaire - one of 940.

4. F&J

F&J

Hey, you can actually see the junked cars in that Sat pic!

Look at highest zoom in the upper left infield of the track.

If you go east from the top of that white line thing and some sort of small square building on the track. look for the white line on the track at about 11 o'clock

EDIT; If you can't see them; find the white line on the pitroad? on the left upper part of the oval track. Go to the top of that line and see a small building. Then look a little further north but about 1/3 the way into the woods in the infield. A light blue and a light green car should be the first you spot...then lots more brown patina cars:D

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  5. F&J

F&J

Here is a pic from a recent hamb thread on the stude graveyard. Same place.

[​IMG]

6. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

Here in sweden Pepsi cola caps have a pepsi S sign on top,
    in the right colours and all !!

wonder whats up with that !?:)

Think Studebaker cola !!!

and thats why I drink it

7. So South Bend would prefer an empty parking lot to a business that employs people and generates sales tax revenue? ???

I can see it now, aliens destroy the planet not because they want to make slaves of mankind, but because they see a big Studebaker sign and want to buy a brand new Studebaker car, only to find the company's been out of business 40+ years.

8. My girlfriend's father was with me when I took that shot of the Hamilton plant. He said that one of his neighbours drove one of the last cars off the line. Must've been a strange time to witness.

9. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

I had a baby blue 64 daytona hardtop with the factory 2bbl, twice pipes and the 4speed. total granny looking car, but with the 3.54 posi rear and the stick, it really went nice. nos chrome was readily available and cheap. new bumpers,carpet, taillights,etc. i think i was into it maybe 1700.00 sold it for 2400.00 and thought i'd cut a fat hog! wish i had it today!

10. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Hey! I remember that dealership! Only it was spelled Zoglman.