Register now to get rid of these ads!

Alright FNG's and newbies...lets post some pix of your rides!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motorhead711, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Love the green '59 Pimpala that kicked off this thread.

2. punkroder

punkroder
    from socal

[​IMG]fun! cant figure out this picture thing

3. sinks88

sinks88

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know its not too HAMB Friendly (or at all) but its all I got right now! I working my way up to real cars...I want a 51 Shoebox, but until I get one...this is how I have to roll....

$300 car from a deadguy (from consearvator) 1977 deville 4 dor
    9-sawzall blades
    4 cases of beer and a bottle of Beam
    countless grinder disks
    and some sheetmetal
    $300 dollar paint (train paint)

and there it is...Drives like a dream tho

4. hotrodgary

hotrodgary

Well mine arent exactly "hamb freindly" but here they are! You asked for it so deal with it LOL!:D
    -Gary

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Bitchin55Merc

Bitchin55Merc
    from Dallas, GA

Some pics of the Merc and my garage.

Attached Files:

6. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

1931 Ford Tudor Sedan, 4 inch channel, filled roof, 305/TH350, 10 bolt GM rearend, Mustang II

[​IMG]

1967 Chevrolet C-10, daily driven, lowered 3/5, 355/TH350, 12 bolt rearend

[​IMG]

1932 Chevrolet project, 3" chop, 4" channel, 283/T56, 9 inch ford rearend, Ford wishbone front axle

[​IMG]

7. Kenny P

Kenny P

FNG, Buildin' this one..............s-l-o-w-l-y.:rolleyes:
    Plans- new cab corners, fill in bumper holes, then punch it full of 2 1/2 inch lightning holes to match the rear, paint or new grill, new running boards, and spray it flat black, again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A total Poser shot.......

[​IMG]

8. FlatheadPat

FlatheadPat

Here are some pics of my ride.. '51 Shoe and if you look close you can see the two scoops peakin' out from behind the fender. Will post more when not running out the door.

Attached Files:

9. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Here's my 49 purchased right here on the H.A.M.B. Just got her driveable and made it to the first Sat night cruise in with no problems.Still running the Flatty and 3 on the tree.

Attached Files:

10. crider

crider

so far my 30 sedan has gone from this[​IMG] to this with a long way to go yet[​IMG] and a 48 pan[​IMG]ms/cc67/crider123/Nov_17_002-1.jpg[/IMG] non hamb 71 trans am

11. jmj2323

jmj2323
    from Chicago

Here's my 48...

Attached Files:

12. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My '29A CC Pickup. Started with very close to scrap metal. On-hold while I work on O/T stuff to fill my belly.

13. j-stovebolt

j-stovebolt
    from Minnesota

41 plymouth, 50 chevy, 31 ford

Attached Files:

14. The Rat

The Rat

well. here's my hoopT T-bucket-for-posting.jpg

15. the only thing i dont have anymore is the c-10 i traded it for the 51 chev .....sometimes i wonder if it was the right trade then i get in my 51 and say fuck the c-10

1951 chevy styline 350 700 r4 trans 72 nova rear [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1965 c-10 hot rod flatz paint 350 3 on the tree og rear and gears ...bitch was quick
    [​IMG]

1965 tr-6 punched out ....total resto ..and chop this is the only thing i could afford to finish and the only nice paint job ill ever have
    [​IMG]

16. voodoobuick

voodoobuick
    from geelong

Building this mild kustom 53 buick

Attached Files:

17. abone1930

abone1930

Man all of them are awesome :D The 55 reminds me of the yellow 55 model just not yellow :D

18. Wreckingball

Wreckingball

Here are mine. The 62 is 390 tri-power, 4 speed and it came with the 406, 427 long style headers. The car was on Ebay last year and had been advertised that it had only travelled 9400 miles. The car did not reach the reserve. A buddy of mine has a friend in the US that had heard that there was this old car for sale, I was sent an email with the pictures, the VIN code and some other details. I did some checking on the net about Q code '62s and came to the conclusion that it was not a real common car and what the heck, told my friend (he is in to old Chevs and totally ignorant about Fords) to close the deal, get it picked up from Upland CA and get it booked on a vessel to Australia.

I took the chance that the car was a Q code and when the car finally arrived in Australia I was able to verify that it was the real deal. I drove it the 35 miles from the freight forwarders to home and it was a real eye opener! The car did not stop too good but it went like crazy!! I had a number of people look at the car and they had came to the same conclusion that I did. The car it has not seen a lot of road time and that it had been in storage on an off for the best part of 40 years!

I had the box rebuilt as 2nd gear needed a visit to the dentist. The brakes freshened , namely new master and wheel cylinders (they were badly pitted) did not have to touch the linings or the drums as they were like new and were the originals! The electrics was checked out, everything works! The car did not have interior sunvisors nor are they any provisions to mount them!

The paintwork is badly cracked, crazed and original. The stainless is unmarked and will polish up nicely, the bumpers will need to be rechromed.
    The castings on the pillars are pitted as is the horn ring and a couple of other items. The steering wheel will be refurbished. There a no signs of any dings, dents or scrapes in the body and the car is filler free and unmolested.

The headlining will be replaced as there some tears at the rear pillars.
    The rear seatback has some sun damage as does the passenger side of the front bench.
    The spare does look like it has never been on the car and would not surprise me that it still has 1962 air!

The engine runs great it has a pretty loping idle it looks plenty ugly and it could do with a coat of paint and some n ew valve covers etc, there are no fluid leaks, the clutch operation is fine. The car now stops, no more jumping out of 2nd gear, the exhaust system from the Hookers back will updated.

Burkebulli's 55 Mainline make over(http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=372383&showall=1) has inspired me to give the old Gal some new paint and bring it back to its former glory, will be ditching the Centrelines for some Cragar S/Ss'. Have some new rubber ready to go all round 275-60 15s for the rear.

The screen rubbers are shot and have all the other rubber replacements organized, its now just a case of blowing her apart and attacking the paint removal. Getting some colour back on it and give the stainless a good polish. And go cruising in the Southern Hemisphere Spring and hopefully we will be at the "Last of the Chrome Bumpers" as Cora Lynn in Victoria.

The 67 has a 428 with 3 x 2 Holleys and 4 speed and also it has a NOS cheater system. It is painted in White Pearl and I know that its not really HAMBish and the same goes for my 69 Mach 1.

Attached Files:

19. Bricker

Bricker

No idea where my current photos are- but here goes from the archive:

First is my 1925ish Dodge Bro's Phaeton shortened to a 2 door, with 53 old Rocket 303 and 39 ford toplader, setting on a 31 ford frame, 48 ford front end/juice brakes and a bunch of other misc parts. Been scavenging parts for this for years. This is the pic from the last time I had it all mocked up... shes a bit more/less complete now but in like 3 piles. ha.

Second is the old 55 Dodge truck... got a 331 Chrysler Poly in that one. (also the pic is from the day after I bought it)

Third is the Dodge charger getting a 383 "slipped" in... no more room for power steering now. oh well!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  20. MOTRUBL

MOTRUBL

My 1937 Ford 1/2 ton. Just getting started. :D

[​IMG]

21. jokerjason

jokerjason

Looks like you have some good parts man, Good luck with your truck, Later JOKER JASON.

22. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

Well here's what I got. Thats HAMB freindly. It was easier collecting them. But took falling 32' to concrete to give me time too get them street worthy. Got more Ideas than $$$$:eek::eek:

Attached Files:

23. Hot Rod Chr!ssy

Hot Rod Chr!ssy

24. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

My 1955 Dodge Royal. I have plans of swapping the stock Red Ram poly for a 331 Firepower hemi, but right now I'm just concentrating on getting her running and road worthy.

MR 1.jpg

MR 4.jpg

25. Luke__805

Luke__805

1949 ford 2 door sedan . I'll try and get some newer pics up of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. Brahm

Brahm

alright, here we go.. past, present and future..

My '69 (my first car had her since i was 16)

-back in my racin days
    [​IMG]

-efi conversion
    [​IMG]

-getting ready for paint
    [​IMG]

-after paint (current)
    [​IMG]

My '29 DeSoto (now sold)
    [​IMG]

My '73 Z28 Chasis Car (sold)
    [​IMG]
    (the build http://www.pbase.com/brahm/73_z28_chasis)

My '29 Buick (just picked up..aka the future)
    [​IMG]

27. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Yo fasttimes how are you gonna build the van???

28. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

Very good post DrHerb. I couldn't have said it better myself. Especially this, which is the heart of hot rodding. Fuck all that other crap.

Right there with ya, DMFB :)

29. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Hey LULL, I think I just saw that truck in a magazine didn't I? That truck is so bitchin man.

30. delta_schmelta

delta_schmelta
    from wnc

This is (obviously) quite the before of my ride in green bean green. It's a 1973 Olds Delta 88. 69000 original miles with many more to come.

i know it's not hamb standard, but how can you argure with a nose like that?

[​IMG]

and here's all 32 feet of it.... complete with chipping paint and everything.

[​IMG]

And.... the nose....

and, yes... it really is that big.

[​IMG]

more pictures will be added as it changes.

Anyone who ever watched more than one sam raimi film will know why i got this particular vehicle.

that and because there are just too many hot rodded A's out there.

personal opinion. ;)