Register now to get rid of these ads!

barn find "little monster" (new york guy's help) Pic's update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JustplainJ, Jun 13, 2009.

1. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

yes I am going to sell it... the car is now back together now...
    with working brakes, fuel pump, electrical and carbs rebuilt.....
    and it looks like it's never been touched.
    I will be accepting offers on it....
    but in no hurry.

2. 2eyed1940will

2eyed1940will
    from new york

My wife just walked by and wiped my face...aparently I was drooling. I hope spittle won't void the warranty on the computer.

3. falfas55

falfas55

Congrats on the find.You are one lucky sucker.Post more info as you get it. Neat story.

4. Excuse me while I clean up the puddle of droule , what a neat find and with paper work ! Barn finds still exist . Thanks for the pictures, Rob

5. Its not a barn find. A lot of people knew about it and tried to get it over the years. I went back home to where it came from and asked some good friends and they knew for a long time besides the people on here that knew prior to John's passing and the acquisition.-Weeks

6. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

this might be an awkward question because hes trying to sell it right now but does anyone know what he paid for it?

7. Locals said around............ well pm me if you really want to know what I heard lol not. Its not something I want to air here on the board. It was very reasonable for what it will bring.-Weeks

NOTE: DO NOT PM ME FOR THE PRICE. I was just kidding about telling anyone thats for JustplainJ to know and the daughters of John. I only heard from someone nearby.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
  8. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

That's a cute little dune buggy you got there young fella!!;):rolleyes:

9. There are plenty of little DUNE BUGGIES still where the little monster resided lol I have seen them as of 2 weeks ago.-Weeks

10. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

wtf?

11. WhiteDevil

WhiteDevil
    from Wichita KS

What a find...amazing!!!

12. Deu55

Deu55

13. concreteman

concreteman

What's the price :confused::confused:

14. Gepetto

Gepetto
    from Orange

Dude, I have seen that car for years!! It was down the road from a John Deere dealership, I have family in Blythe and saw the car many times when I was there. I asked my uncle about it a few years ago and he said that it had been sitting there as long as he had lived there and that the guy was fucking crazy and not to ask if it was for sale because he would probably shoot at me! It is cool a HAMBer got the car but I think it sucks that you are selling it!

15. I would have the same reasoning as JustplainJ that he gave me when we spoke at Pamona swapmeet this weekend pertaining the car. It belongs on the east coast for those fellas to enjoy and see.

It was real good talking to you JustplainJ this weekend. Those old headers you left, I think I am gonna flaming hatchet the muffler off and use it on my model A banger header. Would probably be the most expensive piece of metal on my car if they were new LMFAO. Well when ScootersNPIe told me what they belonged too anyway.-Weeks

16. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

EVERYBODY's dream to make a score like that! Way to go!

17. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

:eek:

How cool is that.

18. mid-mo lacquer

mid-mo lacquer
    from Missouri

How cool!!! Keep us posted on what you decide to do with it.

19. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I just picked up Hot Rod Deluxe and there is a nice picture of your cars engine in there on pages 10&11.

20. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

thanks, I will check it out....

21. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post4891881 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffffff 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffffff 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffffff 0px solid" width=175></TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_4891881 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ffffff 1px solid"><!-- message -->[​IMG]
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

22. How totally fitting... "Homeroom 100 Mr. Coupe"

Threads like this are the reason I stumble around on the HAMB most days

I hope the new owner will continue posting it's preservation and history on this thread in the future.

That being said... there's no way in hell I'd sell it...

23. JustplainJ

JustplainJ
    from so.cal.

wow, great eye.... I never noticed that!

24. concreteman

concreteman

I think it's a good question ,also another good question what is the for sale price :eek:

25. What he paid for it isn't important. Also,he's in no hurry to sell it. He doesn't want it to go to somebody who's gonna fuck it up!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  26. concreteman

concreteman

Cool car lota Drama :D

27. mx6262

mx6262

In my mind, this is the best "Barn Find" ever.:eek:

I hope you get years of enjoyment from this car!!!

I dont know what else to say bro.

Please Love it!!!!!;)

28. vein

vein

wow talk about speechless! what a great story! would like to see where this one ends up!

29. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Wow! Very Kool! Lot of history.

30. Merkonic

Merkonic

Great find!I am also from Long Island.A few years ago I was at Hershey and bought some 11X14" hot rod photos which were copied from originals.Turned out they were of some Rod Snappers cars taken in the late 50's it seems.I have 4 of them hanging in the hallway of my house.I looked thru the others and this one looks like your find except for the exhaust? which could have been changed?Its not that clear-a scan of a copy.