Register now to get rid of these ads!

american racing 15x4 5 spokes in aluminum ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Jul 25, 2009.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i was woundering if any one knew of the old style american racing 15 x 4 round spoke 5 spokes being remade in aluminum. i have know vintageeng.com is making repro magnesium , but i have heard of rumes of someone remaking the 15x4 5 spokes in aluminum. can any one conferm this or provide any info ie web site , phone number. any info would held out. thanks

2. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

At their websight American racing torque thrusts they only come in 4 and half width . I was researching these myself . Nice rims and not that expensive

3. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

sorry i need to be more spacific. i ment the old vintage sytle .

4. Larry T

Larry T

5. PastGas33

PastGas33
    from Buffalo

These might be something you are interested in.

http://www.vintagewheelworks.com/products/wheels/v45/15x4

I was thinking of getting a pair myself.
    The price is pretty decent. i have never seen them in person though, but i would assume they are pretty nice.
    let me know how you make out. I have been looking for a pair of these for a while too and I'm thinking about buying some too.
    -Jeff

6. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I've heard the same rumors,I think Team 3 is the company that's tool up for the "Correct" style early 5 spokes.

7. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

what i am talking about are the very round spoke rims like on all the old gassers . i could not find a photo of them on team 3 web site. i hope some one knows if them are going to tool up and make the old style in aluminum.

8. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

Yeah I know the ones your talking about I have 2 pair of Magnesium ones.They are tooling up to make them,that means they are not making them yet.

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i am looking for a set of 15 x 4 with 5 on 5 1/2 bolt pattern .i would take magnesiums wheel but the price has gone throught the roof. i woull have to settle for the repops i guess

10. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

I wished they'd get their ass' in gear on them I know a few guys looking. I'd buy a couple pairs myself.A guy wouldn't feel to bad about running repops on the street.

11. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

anybody seen a pair of the vintage engineering magnesium ones yet?

12. Still nothing but rumors and innuendos. I would love to be proven wrong, believe me. I know of no "spot on" skinny Americans being sold yet. Nice seeing you at E Town Louie.
    D.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  13. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

thanks Deron,thats what I figured, i like my crusty originals better anyway. Great to see you last week,Louie

14. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I don't wanna see 15 X 4 American 5-spokes that look proper in aluminum! My real Magnesium 5-spoke Americans are one of my most prized possessions and I don't want to see them reproduced in aluminum and be everywhere.