Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Denise & Big Olds do the Good-Guys Columbus Event

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Great coverage Denise. Thanks for posting.

Brock & Larry Henderson's cars are just super. I love the wires on Larry's & Brock finally got his grille & wheels to match. :p

JH

2. Thanks for the pictures Denise. You, Megan and Nick save me lots of money with your picture posts. See you all at the drags in a couple of weeks.
    Later,
    Dick

3. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Thank you for the pictures and your great story line. I have followed you on travels through the HAMB and really enjoy your take on things. Thanks for taking me along.

4. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

as always, hrlc great coverage.

5. hemi

hemi

It was nice to meet your Dad! Glad you two had fun.

6. Epic coverage...thanks Denise

7. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Great coverage Denise, thank you very much!

8. Thanks for your pictures and a bit of background story to make it real. Great stuff.
    Al

9. ~E~

~E~

Denise- always enjoy your event and travel posts!

Above your avatar and below your handle it should read "Official H.A.M.B. Ambassador".

10. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Great coverage as always darlin'. See you in Joplin in a few weeks.

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

You know... Chris50 has a wagon very similar to these... maybe you two should talk... he likes cookies...

12. agtw31

agtw31

pig iron is pretty good bbq

glad you had a good time in Columbus.

13. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Your pic thread made it almost as good as being there sweetie! Thanks for your coverage!

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Denise, great coverage, as usual. I had all of the plans in place to attend and catch up with you (it's been too long) but Murphy's Law reared it's ugly head at the last minute.:mad: Columbus has been my "don't miss" event for over 10 years so not being there it was a real downer. Mom doesn't live to far away so accomodations are a given. Next year.......for sure:cool:

Frank

15. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

It was great seeing you again hope to see you at the hamb drags

16. Thanks for the coverage denise,great pics an you can tell a story.Just like everybody else i like your threads an the OLDS looks good!!

17. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks Denise, do you remember what that wagon was asking for a price.. try to keep my eyes on them, one day I will have another

18. thanks for sharing. better warm up and stretch so your foot goes way up the dickhead's ASS from optima for being full of shit! time to write his boss a letter as someone like him can really hurt business.

19. manyolcars

manyolcars

[​IMG]

Is this a picture of Denise when she was a baby?

:)

20. rc.grimes

rc.grimes
    from Edmond, OK

You're my idol. I have a million reasons/excuses for not getting to shows and you're like Nike and "Just Do It".

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

HA.
    I knew that red roadster must've had something to do with those guys. Bitchin' car.

22. Angliaguy

Angliaguy

Denise I saw you cruising around Bowling Green. We were up from Fort Lauderdale driving the 50 Chev Custom at the Host Hotel. Had I known of your history we would have introduced ourselves and said Hey. Sounds like you are the ultimate Hot Rodder. Bill Carroll

23. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Denise thanks for the report on Columbus and sorry I missed both you and the show. We just got a new Great Grandson and you know what priorities are!
    See ya soon I hope.
    Butch

24. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

Nice pics Denise, Thanks Brock

25. ls7gto

ls7gto

great seeing you again Denise, thanks for hanging with me and for the the recap. Doug

26. Hey Denise,

Thanks for the great pics! Donna and I really enjoyed seeing you and chatting a bit. Hope to see you again soon!

Jim & Donna
    The Hot Rod Grille

27. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Thanks for the great coverage!

28. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Denise , thanks for all the great pictures !
    Looks like you had a great weekend , rain and all !

29. plywude

plywude
    Member Emeritus
    from manteca ca

Denise, thanks for the pic's I look foreward to your post, you all ways do a great job covering an event.......................:D

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Sorry about being alittle lax on the replies. Shortly after posting the thread I took off for the KKOA Salina event and I'm just getting caught up with stuff.

Well that sucked. Perhaps we can meet at teh Lonestar RoundUp next April. BTW, the cookies in this thread are from Vance's lovely wife. She has been "appointed" the cookie godess for the Columbus events in the future.:D

If you'd like the high res shot of that as a poster from your room, or perhaps to include in the Gazette, just say the word and I'll send it to you.;)

Yeah, it's alittle tough when you're driving in the gates down that main isle and folks are hollaring your name..... ya just don't know where to look first.:rolleyes:

Ya just never know where I might retire too. Be prepared, be very prepared.:eek::D

:eek: You have no clue, in fact unless a person has done a huge picture/journaling thread they really have no clue how long the process takes. Glad you, and the others that comment, appreciate all the hard work that goes into mine and all the other folks on the board that post threads like this.:cool:

If that's the case then I'm going to stop posting so that you'll come to an event that I'm attending. :p

Not good sweetie. I've got plans to knock downa couple of walls inside my house and do some major remodeling at the first of the year. I won't be heading out of the country in 2010. Come visit me here though!:D

It was wonderful meeting you and the Big Somona too. Thanks for making the huge effort to come to the meet & greet in the rain, it's really appreciated.

WOW, I think this is the most you've ever said to me publicly.:D

Dad says you still owe him that $20 as well.:p

Would that be something...trading a whole car for cookies....crazier things have happened.

We missed you. xoxox

You were missed as well Frank but I hope I don't ahve to wait till next year to see you. Maybe you should invite me over :D

The distance you see in the photos was as close to those wagons as I got. Sorry bud. See ya in a couple of weeks.

That is an awesome shot but unfortunantly my Dad was not into cars when I was that age. We were living in SoCal and he was doing the surfing thing. There is one with me about that age on his surfboard though.

I wish you would have Bill. I love meeting new people and getting to know them. I'll be there next year so please introduce yourself.

CONGRATS on the GGson bud! That's awesome! Well catch up soon.