Register now to get rid of these ads!

Any info on this t coupe? Hadfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Jul 19, 2009.

1. 56vicky

56vicky
    from australia

yes he is in australia and will be bringing it to the states soon and was featured in the cruzin magazine which is a australian magazine look on there website

2. striper

striper

Cool looking car but as Hadfield mentions a number of times, it's a "theme" car. He builds them well but I'm not really into themes. It sure has some nice stuff on it.

3. "theme" or not still a bitchin car

4. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

It was also on the cover and featured in a Australian magazine called Street Machine. The article was very detailed, try looking for a back issue.

5. warren1328

warren1328

Went through Castlemaine on the way to Echuca last year & was surprised to see him driving that down to the bakery at lunchtime. Have seen a few of his cars but never took any of them for the daily driver type.......

6. I like it. Too bad about that liscence plate.... Swing away steering wheel is cool as are the louvered door panels.

7. I would like to get my hands on one of those steering wheels but i have no idea where to start to find one.

8. The steering wheel is called a "fatman". Just do a search for FATMAN steering wheels.

9. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And be prepared to part with a shit load of money!
    Hadfield made his money by supplying conversion parts for early Australian cars. It seems that much of it was hit and miss, my brother-in-law bought a gear box converter for a 186 Holden to a newer 5 speed. The first one was so poorly cast that some inclusions went right through the housing! Sent it back and they sent out a new one all at my Bro's expense. This one was drilled so far off center that the gearbox input shaft as a quarter of an inch over the thrust bearing.
    Much of his stuff in the 80's and early 90's was not very good but it was the only place you could get it.
    The man is shifty as a shit house rat but he has the money for some cool stuff.
    Its a shame he has the gift of the gab (When he wants too) that most think he is just a nice guy. I learned what he was like when he told us to jam the bell housing, he wasn't going to fix another. Never got the money back either.
    But then again he is mates with Hardinge. UGH!
    Doc.

10. Thanks docwatson, I just love that steering wheel. Wish i could get one for less then $500

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damn! Thats cheap if you can get one do it!! The only ones I have seen before went for some serious money. Like accessory merc wheel range!
    Jrblack, thanks for the heads up.

Doc.

12. Thanks jrblack30 im going to try and get one

13. I aint saying nothing but I agree with you 100%. Legend my arse.

14. I think the cars he has built are tacky.....as well as 'Hadis doorstep'....:/

15. Say what you want but that car is awesome

16. Gday good captian

17. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

18. Gee, that's pretty well my take too.

As a matter of fact, I haven't heard ANY good stories.

19. Which steering wheel would be best? The first or second link?