Register now to get rid of these ads!

F1 parts, what should I save?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tinbender, Jul 17, 2009.

1. The frame on the 52 Ford pick up I'm working on (frame swap) has been hacked up enough, that I think I'll salvage what parts I can for the future projects pile. What should I save? Would the axle be suitable for a gasser style car?

2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i think the shock mounts are good to save

3. hvychvy

hvychvy

Shock mounts,steering box,and column,drums,and backing plates,and probably more,just can't think of it:D

4. triton6972

triton6972

Transmission crossmember

5. Dan1955

Dan1955

If the front brake drums are good and you want to sell them, let me know.

6. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

I used an F1 axle and box.

7. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I've seen guys use that axle on gasser style cars (see above) and it looks cool, especially drilled. I'd keep it if I were you.

8. jj mack

jj mack

steering box for sure

9. Brake and Clutch pedal unit for sure, as well as clutch lincage. The master Cyl works on 39 up brales just fine. All of the 1/4" brass fittings from the Brake lines.
    The Wizzard

10. Cool, thanks. I'll save all listed along with the pedal m/c stuff. The crossmember was cut out of the frame.
    !/2done, your car is badass. How's it drive? I'm thinking a guy has to build at least one gasser in his life:D Hummm.... I do have a M series Stude pick up. That'd be different!

11. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

if you got a title, cut the vin out of the frame. you'll figure out why.

12. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Check on Ebay to see whats selling or not, x2 on saving the VIN out of the frame and any ID tags on the body too. Most parts are on somebodys list somewhere.

13. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

All the stuff previously mentioned plus drag link and track rod.I tend to keep all the small parts as well,such as brake/fuel line clamps.They look much better than modern 'P'clips.

14. flatford39

flatford39

Transmission crossmember & pedals. I am using them in my A roadster & they work out real nice. Steering box & column as well.

15. havi

havi

Everything already mentioned. Plus the parking brake cables, and the rotating piece on the rearward crossmember that goes with them. ( I gave mine away, and now I'm thinking I may want another set)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
  16. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Thanks! It gets a little busy on rough roads but I think it drives pretty good considering it has slicks, a spool and Moroso drag tires on the front. I've never driven a traditional steer car before so I really don't have anything to use as a standard.
    A Stude p/u gasser would be kick ass!