Register now to get rid of these ads!

28-29 sedan guys please help~!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skottyknukkles, Jul 14, 2009.

1. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

hey guys in need of some help. i m trying to true up a 28 sedan that was a pile of parts. my question is about the width of the doors and the roof opening. the way i have it set up now the roof seems to taper abit on the piece that goes from the cowl to the rear section. i m gona take some pics tonight. the whole thing is like a wet noodle and its getting a bit tedious at times. thanks for the help skotty

2. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

ok i snapped some shots. im not sure if this is right or not? or should i pull the center out a tad more to get this more of a straight line? every thing else seems to flow pretty good. thanks!<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

some one? anyone! please!

4. speed-kings

speed-kings

That looks right.

5. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

that looks right to me...i built a 29 sedan a few months ago and it had never been disassembled..it looked like that i was curious about it myself but i just left it like that...i guess thats how it is supposed to be

6. roostercoupes

roostercoupes

Just went out to the garage and checked. The middle posts are 53 1/2" wide, outside to outside measurement. That's what mine measures, not saying its perfect but should help get the idea.

7. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

ok thanks fellas i really appreciate it! i just looked through 20 pages of posts and came up with nada. im gona sleep a whole lot better tonight.

i m pretty happy with the bow of that out side of the body but that funky turn in the center section just threw me off a bit. i guess im so used to seeing 30-31 roofs =)

8. The top side rails where the bows go should be pushed out a little more in the center where your tack welds are, the wood strips are pretty much straight with a slight taper towards the front. i was looking at my bro n law's car it is a original unmolested car.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  9. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

The doors are bowed as well if the roof follows the doors they have to. My buddy did his and one side pushed out farther than the other. So make sure both sides are the same.

10. The line from the front to back should be straight but taper out from the header panel to where it starts to curve in around the rear.It's easier to rip the lid off to show you,hope this helps.:cool:

Attached Files:

11. skottyknukkles

skottyknukkles

ok fellas i think i have it all straightened out now. thank you to every one for the response and guidance its very appreciated. heres a picture of the corrected roof line. <center>
    [​IMG]

</center>

12. You did'nt hang around there mate,that looks good now,what are you doing about the rear panel?:cool:

13. Regarding the PM,this might help with the roof frame.;) Chris car 002.jpg