Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's a good title company?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57roadmastr, Jul 13, 2009.

1. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

I was excited when I went to the mailbox today and saw my package from Broadway Title. But, instead of a title inside they sent me another form and an apology letter that said that the laws have changed in their state (Alabama) and that they needed extra paperwork and the NEW price list. It was double what it was when I sent the paperwork in--now $300. So is there another reputable title company that I can go to?

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

They are all doing that, most states have caught on to the title companies and are making them jump through hoops.

3. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

So it's everywhere huh? I was hoping it was just a state thing.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

North Carolina has gotten really hard on out of state titles period. DMV will not inspect the car the verify it's legit. It's getting tough. There should be a way to get a title in Florida by going through the local DMV. Maybe one of the Florida guys will chime in.

5. It's because everyone was dreaming up ways of jerking around the rules, finding "loopholes", and (sometimes) shady activity, that the States have caught on.

Now, if every State were a title State, we'd have a whole lot less of this BS going on.

Guys, this ain't friggin' rocket science. If you are reading this, you are on a computer. Use said computer and go directly to Google, Ask, or Bing, and type in:

(your state) vehicle title and registration rules

Then, go directly to that link and research the FACTS from your State. How many title questions get asked here every week...or, shall I say, how many times does the SAME title question get asked for (insert your State here)?

How hard is this simple concept? Not bitchin' at you specifically, 57, but this topic has LOTS of threads, under the "Search" function.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  6. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

Yeah, I already tried the DMV and around here you can't get anywhere down there unless you speak swahili. jk Florida has super strict title laws thats why I was fishing around to see what other out-of-Florida companies people had luck with RECENTLY---so previous threads would be nil. Thanks for all the info so far guys.

7. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

8. RodStRace

RodStRace

Also not to beat the OP over the head, but to everyone who is considering a VEHICLE purchase: Find out what a valid title is for your state and make sure you get one with the purchase, OR know what is involved with getting a title for a VEHICLE in your state before you hand over anything more than the current scrap price (http://scrapmetalpricesandauctions.com/2008/07/car-and-auto-scrap-metal-recycling-prices/) minus your time + money hauling said vehicle to a recycler.

The guy that says it's easy to get a title in his ad is the same guy that says it will polish out, ez fix, ran when parked, and 90% complete. If it was easy, he would have done it......

9. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

Thanks for the link but I didn't see one that would apply to me--- application for certificate of title for saving a rotting car that was sitting in some guys car for God knows how many years after he got it from a body shop owner who owed him money who had the car in his shop restoring it when the owner croaks and family didn't want the car/and or pay for the work already done. - wow thats a mouthful. Also after reading the new broadway title company application, now you need to send them proof of insurance for two months. So let me get this straight, you can't get insurance unless you register a car but you can't register it if you don't have a title--which you can't get without insurance. Huh?:confused:

10. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

You are absolutely correct. There is no form for "application for certificate of title for saving a rotting car that was sitting in some guys car for God knows how many years after he got it from a body shop owner who owed him money who had the car in his shop restoring it when the owner croaks and family didn't want the car/and or pay for the work already done."

Now we're getting someplace.

11. 57roadmastr

57roadmastr

I guess I was just fishing for other title company names that were reputable.

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i'd tell them to stuff the extra cost where the sun dont shine... you sent your money to them in GOOD FAITH and they, by accepting your payment agreed to that price... the fact it cost them more to do is of no consequence to you in my opinion.

ymmv

13. DKING

DKING
    from LAS VEGAS

I.T.S used them a while ago worked perfect.

14. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

What a huge problem is that many states don't issue a title for cars & trucks that are earlier than 1972 anymore and some states still want them and if all you have is a bill of sale like many states it's a pain in the ass but can be done .
    I am in Pa. and they want a title and cars & trucks in the south and western states don't need the m , just a bill of sale and that is where the problem starts !
    Broadway used to be the best but there are others . I found most places by just doing a "Google" search . If its just $300 that isn't bad at all .

15. Hoop-in-JAX

Hoop-in-JAX

"I was excited when I went to the mailbox today and saw my package from Broadway Title. But, instead of a title inside ... "

There is never going to be a "title inside." The best will be that they will supply you with the paperwork. YOU will apply for the title.

YOU will swear (perjury) that the information is accurate. Not them.

The paperwork will be for a sale that never took place. Check their website. Do they actually say that they will supply you with a title? They will "help" ...

16. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

Yeah, I.T.S. works real good, real quick too.

17. george775

george775
    from Nor Nev

Don't mean to dog pile this thread but I had good results with I T S for a motorcycle and a Model A earlier this year. 1 702 456 4027 or www.its-titles.com.
    Sounds like the regs are getting tighter so check it out first.

18. lone wolf

lone wolf

i checked it out today, looks like they,re doing it the same way broadway is doing it. what i don,t understand is how are you suppose to get insurance if you don,t have a title to register your car or truck?