Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My autocross adventure NOT O/T

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Russco, Jul 11, 2009.

1. BigRed390

BigRed390

2. Very cool. Just think what you do with some modern tires. :)

3. Looking at it from ground level it looks confusing on which lane to take, I would assume it's a clearer picture from inside the car ?

4. NTAPHSE

NTAPHSE

Second pic, the girl is plugging her ears, awesome!

5. Scotch

Scotch

Awesome. Hot rods should be built to be driven HARD, and it's refreshing to see one doing just that. Dragstrips and salt are somewhat expected, but autocrossing in a hot rod is just plain cool.

6. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That's pretty cool. I wish more older American cars would show up at autocrosses.

7. That is the raddest thing I have seen in a long time! Always wanted to try that in a hotrod, nice job!
    I could be convinced to buy another set of wider wheels and some sticky OT tires and really work on my times!

8. Kyron

Kyron
    from Peoria Az

9. Plowboy

Plowboy

10. On BIAS ply tires, to boot, it appears! Bet that pissed the Shelby Mustang owner off! Great job on you for thrashing the rod and having fun doing it!

On a station wagon forum I'm on, a guy has a way-O/T Merc Grand Marquis wagon set up to autocross, and it took First, beating Porsches, Bimmers, and the like! They do not like him.

If you want to see that one, PM me!

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

SWEET SOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great video. Next time get it from INSIDE of the truck!!

12. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

I've come back & watched the vid about 6 more times.
    Damn that makes me smile.
    I love the whine on deceleration too.

13. zzford

zzford

hyper-cool !!!

14. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Damn thats a cool ride !!

15. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

that was sweet!!!! now its time to take the local drifting track by surprize!!!

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

So now you need the little trailer with a sticky set of barely DOT legal radials. Then you can put those snotty miata guys in their places.

Used to do a lot of auto crossing, and some hill climbs. good fun but a lot of standing around. I ran the snot of out of a Mazda RX4 and then a bugeye healy. Ran the healey on used formula super V slicks. We ran on a go cart track as well as the pylon courses in parking lots. Gotta say I liked the two laps of the kart track a lot better than the Parking lot courses.

17. blackout

blackout

Damnit that is great. You are quite the wheelman. Thanks for the vid.

18. yngrodder

yngrodder

I think you should have took your coupe it would have Hooked up better:rolleyes::D

19. That video was Frickin Awesome! Looked like alot of fun.

20. Completely badass

21. monsterflake

monsterflake

cool! it must have been hard to keep from spinning the tires...

22. Ho my God that was great!!!! I used to auto-X a Miata R and that was a blast. You're really something to do well with 80 year old suspension technology and 60 yr old tire designs. Sure bet that put a lot of those uppity sports car guys in their place.

23. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

Fun with cars! I dig it!

24. 56 Royal Lancer

56 Royal Lancer

On September 19th at National Trail Raceway in Ohio there is going to be an autocross at the "Hell on Wheels II" traditional rod & custom event. $15 entry, includes participant entry in the drag racing, autocross & show. There are some details at this link: http://www.roaddevils.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5629
    Ought to be a hoot!

25. duste01

duste01

do you get points taken for giving the hecklers the bird? Even if, I'd be tempted to.....

26. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I thought some of you guys would get a kick out of it ,Im still grinning about it myself it was a BLAST . I gotta say though that most of the regulars (SCCA guys) were pretty cool about it. It was held in conjunction with a car show next door that was fenced off. After my first run as I drove along the return road there were only a few people watching on my second run they were lined up all the way down the fence clapping and giving me thumbs up it was pretty cool, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well it did handle. The big steering wheel and slow steering box really hurt my times. I just couldnt turn it fast enough and 2 of the turns were really too tight to slide it around without knocking the cones down (I tried that too) any way it s the most fun Ive had driving since I quit racing roundy round stuff a few years back and if any of you guys get the opportunity to do it you should give it a try. I think I might quicken up the steering and do some more when they are close by.

27. A-Wall

A-Wall

man that was fucking awesome, you truck is awesome too. sounds like its got a lot of balls and the throttle response is right on.

28. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I think that is among the coolest videos I've seen on this site. Looks like a damn fun time. Very cool.

29. monsterflake

monsterflake

gateway has an autocross event every month, i'd go watch hambers knock some cones down...

30. Art Randall

Art Randall

That is really neat!! I'll bet you had a blast, and the truck was making really nice music. The sporty car guys must have been eating a little crow. - Good hands!!

Cheers,
    Art R.