Register now to get rid of these ads!

Midnight Mass TN to California!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oneyellowtub, Jul 2, 2009.

1. I am planning my drive in my 24 T Touring car from Nashville, TN to Sacramento to the Midnight Mass Show July 25th. I plan to leave July 15th. I need your help and a place to stay along my way every 400 miles or so. I am considering several routes via 70, 80, and even route 66. My car is completely topless, and thus far has proven reliable on many trips around the southeast. One 1300 mile round trip to the 1st Billetproof show in Florida is an example. So Hambers, could you put me up and let me download pictures of my trip as I travel out west for the trip of a lifetime? PM me and check my profile! Thank you for your help!!

2. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

3. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

All right fellow HAMBer's let's give a Poor Boy a hand here. He's going to make a 2,400 mile trip to come out to Midnight Mass. here's a chance to be part of a great adventure as it happens.

Jason...I'm thinking that MAYBE you may want to come out the northern route via HWy 80, it might be a cooler route. On the other hand you have two weeks to see which route offers the most places to stay. Although you could come out here one way and back another.

4. brewsir

brewsir

Right on...can't help but I wish I could make the trip with ya!!!

5. ratster

ratster

goodluck bro. nothing like driving a rod cross country.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

7. Yeah! And you can stay at my place on the way to Tingler's! :eek::p:D

Ditto on the good people remark---Jason IS good people:cool: One of the "better" Poor Boys from our chapter(he almost acts normal:eek:) ;)

Drive careful, professor :) It's a loooooong way out there

8. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

BTTT for the working crowd.

Jason, are you traveling solo?

9. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

DANG JASON, road warrior!!!!!!pops going with you? good luck my friend. don't want to get to mushy,but this is a really good guy. need any help give us a call,we'll do what we can. and he's got a really cool little car also.and don't let people slam your doors!!!!!!!

p.s. sun screen and sun glasses,i pod,prep h.................

10. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

What, no spare couches for this brave soul along the way?

11. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

12. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Merced still open...i know its close to sac but let us know.

13. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

Jason is good people so lend him your couch and possibly a carburetor on the way to cali and back. I hope you make it past Murfreesboro before you need to stop, but if not, you know where my pool is.

14. Thanks for the replies, kind words, and at-a-boys fellas and Denise. Yeah I trying to break the tub down here in town first. Then, IF it doesn't break here, I am on the way to Sac-town. I will look at staying off 80 then as Denise suggested, but I'll still take a couch anywhere I can find one???

15. brewsir

brewsir

Maybe you should figure out a route and put a new post or retitle yours....asking for a spot along the way (in the title)...I just noticed you have only had a couple hundred views....just a thought!

16. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Good advice Jason.

17. I've got stops in St. Louis, Iowa, and Nebraska, but I am still looking for places along Northern Colorado, Utah, and Nevada. I will run route 70, 76, and 80 through these states as weather and pre-determined stops allow. Alternate routes along the interstate will also be used, and I will adjust my routes to HAMB stops!! : ) Thanks HAMBERS for your continued help!!

18. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

So how about you guys in Colorado, Utah, and Nevada, got an extra bed or couch?

19. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

hey this guy is all-righty. when i grow up i want to be like him!!!!!!:D. help a brother out.

20. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

21. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Jason...You get any offers from Colorado, Utah or Nevada yet?

22. Bruce,
    I have one Colorado, one Utah, but no Nevada. I'll camp out where I don't find stays and wing it. Thanks for your help. I'll call you Sunday and talk. HAMBERS, let me know if I can stop by your place. Too many stops is a good thing!!

23. fordrat

fordrat
    from Tennessee

One of the better "Poor Boys" huh? Almost normal, huh? I see where your coming from, EARL. You are a piece of work. (OOOOHHHH, that four letter word)

OH, yeah, Good Luck there Professor.

24. HATED1

HATED1

if you go 80, i am in reno and i'll have a couch available. pm me.

jay

25. I've made it to St. Louis after dodging rain and one major sand storm. Now I'm off to see poor boy Studebaker Ryan @ the international Studie show in Iowa.-yeah I now its due north instead of west, but I'll head westward tomorrow.

26. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Professor We are rooting for you. I wondered about the rain after you left TN. We could see big storms in your path. Keep us posted. Good Luck...

27. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Keep on truckin Professor. We'll see ya in Sac.

28. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Good luck Jason and stay dry.

29. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

jason,you DID take a camera,didn't you?????? watch out for the other idiots......

30. fordrat

fordrat
    from Tennessee

GO PROFESSOR, GO PROFESSOR. We're cheering you on. Can't wait for the pics (you did take a camera, didn't you?)