Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Detectives slam brakes on shop Owner of a hot-rod shop"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 12, 2009.

1. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

a few rotten apples ......

2. RichG

RichG

What doesn't suprise me is that it involves a shop owner, I believe a large percentage of them are crooked...;)

3. Von Franco

Von Franco

I hope they both get butt fucked in jail ha ha .............

4. jamesgr81

jamesgr81

Well I am just suspicious but I never let anybody I don't really know into my shop. And I don't leave the doors open too long where they face the street. I just don't trust some of my buddies "friends" and even if they are innocent they can spead the word and BAM you get ripped off. And I don't like people looking inside when they roll by - especially the homeboys looking for a quick buck.

Friends don't realize when they blab "I know a guy whose got all these bitchin' tools and cars you should see what he has " that dishonest ears are out there. How many peeps do you know that have been ripped off by thieves that were informed to what you have by innocent and well meaning conversation?

I know of several incedents.

Never let any Craig's List or fleaybay buyer come to your shop. Put your car in the street or parts on the front porch or whatever.

A relative was a bigtime lunchbox collector and seller. Had hundreds of them in self storage space. Had a looky loo come to look at some of his stuff and foolishly had him meet at self storage yard. Didn't buy anything but a few days later someone broke in and ripped off his best stuff.

Sold a kid a hot rod VW I got in trade and after he showed it to locals it was ripped off.

How did the crooks know what was in the garage unless somebody fingered it?

Living in the Big City too long and have had cars ripped off right in front of my house has made me a cynic I guess.........

5. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

Have known two cops up close and personal (as neighbors) and the comments are correct. Both were a......s Became cops so they could legally 'hurt' people. Most
    neighbors feared 'em because of their attitude and behavior.

6. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

thats why god made ropes...to hang thieves out to dry

manx4me likes this.
  7. badshifter

badshifter

The owners of the "stolen cars" may not be so innocent. The version I heard is they heavily insured them and poof, they disappear. You hear all the time how a guy has a ton of money in his car and can't sell it for half, but you can insure it to the max and have an agreement with a certain shop owner do make it go away and collect your insurance $$$..... Problem solved, until the handcuffs go on.

Corvette Fever likes this.
  8. I wonder how many other shops this "muscle car assocation" guy had involved with him.that shit had ta go somewhere.........maybe some cops have "new" projects

9. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

if they did it good for them thats what ya get for beeing a god damn crook ...

10. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

"You know what they say".

"No, what?"

"Er, cops have the best dope!"

Chevy Chase to Goldie Hawn in Foul Play, 1978.

11. Happens quite often here in good ol' Chicago, crook county IL:(

12. shock

shock

Pricks !!!! they will get probation......slap on the hands.......PRICKS !!!!!!!

13. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Canyon Country sucks worse...

14. PunkAssGearhead88

PunkAssGearhead88
    from So Cal

The best comment so far! SCV,:( ugghhh, the sound of it just makes me wanna, well, you get the idea...:rolleyes:

15. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

i have 4 cops that live by me and all of them are pretty cool guys. thank goodness . you hate to see someone who is taking hard earned money from a person who trust them with there pride and joy. only to have it all stolen from them in the end.

Corvette Fever likes this.
  16. shock

shock

Ya hear of cars and trailers getting ripped off and wonder where did they go ?

..................Pricks like this.....prolly came off as a real nice bunch of guys.......
    hey come on out to so and so's with yer car and I'll buy ya dinner......Pricks.

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

So you guys don't get the wrong idea,..... what is sad about this story is, It's a sad commentary of our society,.... I am really sick and tired of people like this. I would understand this more if the the alleged perpetrator was just a run of the mill car thief,...... But being in the Hot Rod hobby,... he knows some of these cars mean more to the owners than just being automobiles,.... they are somebody's dreams and desires,.....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  18. I believe this happens a lot more than anyone thinks....

19. cafekid

cafekid

more tan likely not one of the guys he was tied to for doing the same thing a few years back(when the investagation first started) is doing 8Yrs as we speak. so i wouldnt doubt it if he got the same

HEY HEY HEY yeah it is the scv bubble but dont put all of us in the clanyon country category:eek::eek:

20. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Wow!!! I knew someone who had a alarm put in there car and days later, Yep it was gone, Stolen...

21. Jingles

Jingles

Arrested people are not innocent until proven guilty---- they are "presumed" innocent until proven guilty.

22. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

Sorry, arrested people are assumed guilty until they prove they are innocent. Presumed innocence is just something those in the justice system like to talk about so they can sleep at night.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    pat59 likes this.
  23. Buzznut

Buzznut

Kill switches in series or a combination lock kill switch hidden with a backup kill also hidden and good luck driving away with it...you'll have to tow it if you want it that bad, and I have a solution for THAT too...air wheel locks OR air spikes that slam into the concrete when you activate them... both would work just fine.

24. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

CockSuckers!!!

manx4me likes this.
  25. nice artical HARMS WAY man u are really on the ball
    keep up the good work

26. RichG

RichG

Even Macgyver thinks you've gone a little overboard...
    [​IMG]

27. Buzznut

Buzznut

LOL..Yeah, but he aint stealing my ride anytime soon...

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I know it's wrong to judge a book by its cover but that guy looks like a car thief, oily mullet headed creep. Pretty much everyone guy I've met that looks like him is an arrogant asshole.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

hahahah
    right on!

you know your right..!:cool:

30. Cargo

Cargo

Just a thought about our Law Enforcement community. It's a group like any other, and the good go right along with the bad. Nothing about putting on that uniform and badge suddenly turns a guy in to Mr. Integrity.
    My girlfriend was alone at night and pulled over in the Nevada desert years back by a Trooper that offered to, "Ignore the speeding ticket", for a little oral gratification, she took the ticket.
    A couple months later, same stretch of road, on a 115 degree day she had a flat. A trooper (different guy), got out of his air conditioned car and changed that tire for her, since the spare wasn't so good either, he followed her in to Henderson to make sure she made it.
    Fact is that sometimes a turd is just a turd, and retiring from a police force is not a standard for honesty.
    I hope if they are guilty that they get put in a cell with big bubba the butt fucker.

6-bangertim likes this.