Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage My Iola Wisconsin swap meet photos--days 1-3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Jul 9, 2009.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Well, we have been in the great state of Wisconsin for a week now and thought it was time to share some photos with you folks. Having a great time. The weather has been ideal. I have been to museums for cars, Harleys, and cows. I went to 2 parades, a big car show, 2 fireworks displays, one family picnic, 1 cruise night, and have been driving my old Model A roadster around some too. Having a blast. I got a vendor space at the big Iola swap meet and today was the first day. There are 4,500 vendors spaces, 400-500 car for sale in the car corral, several hundred show cars, a few auction cars, and lots of good food that is not available back home in Kansas. With temperatures mostly in the 70's I don't really see any reason for me to go back home. But anyway, here are some swap meet photos I took today. I never used to carry a camera with me at swap meets until I was shamed into it by my pal Rich Venza from GA. Enjoy---- <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

page 2 <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center> <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

page 3 <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Earlier in the week, I met up with my pal Bobwop from Jefferson, WI at his collector car dealership and took these photos of his 42 Willys hemi coupe which he call the "corn fed elephant" and it just may be the loudest car I have ever heard. I am the friendly looking fellow in the black shirt and Bob is the evil looking man in the khaki shirt. :D<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Last Sunday I went to a small town car show that had 300 cars or so and ran into Wingnutz (Mark McCabe who is a real nice guy and we took this photo. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

And last Friday (a week ago) I attended the Good Guys show in Des Moines Iowa which was fun and I saw my buddy BobK and took this photo. <center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Not as much hot rod stuff at this show but lots of cool stuff nonetheless. Prices are high and bargains are rare. So far I have sold very little but bought some neat stuff including some rare artillery wheels and a nice 54 Chevy pickup grille. My brother in law has bought many things for his antique truck projects. Tomorrow I hoping some Hambers will stop by my space and visit and if they do I will take some photos and show you more. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  8. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

can't wait for the morning! I'll keep an eye out for ya. Hope the weather is good. Thanks for the great photos

9. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Great report!
    Thanks for keeping us informed.

10. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

What no deals??? Well how are we ever gonna get all the parts we need for that little project???? ha ha have a great time good buddy and keep the pictures a-comin!

11. joebuick

joebuick

man I wish I could have made it this year

12. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I was looking for your deals that you bought......it looks like fun and your roadster is getting some miles.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

13. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Thanks for the pictures, I don't think I am going to make it up this year but I would have like to have met you in person. It looks as this maybe the weekend for me to take another step in the goosechase we discussed last month.

If you are coming through Illinois on your way home let me know. I can meet up with you in Bloomington. I39,I55,I74 all meet outside of Bloomington.

Tad

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

evil man, evil car

thanks for all the good pics, Paul. Glad you came to see our great State and it was awesome to shake your hand on a day when things weren't going so well.

See you tomorrow at Iola

15. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Kool, thanks for the pics. I was suppose to leave early friday morning but I have to work. So I guess I will be coming up friday after work and then leave saturday nite. I hope to meet up with you povertyflats.

16. Alex Yohnk

Alex Yohnk

i got some deals........and a wicked sun burn!!! Saw your model a roadster with the pick up bed, but didn't see your swap spot.

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Tim, I have not bought anything on your shopping list for our project yet. You are just gonna have to build all that stuff from scratch-- ha ha.

18. chopt31

chopt31

leggs are still sore from all the walking, lots of cool stuff, i have never seen so many spotlights!!!

thanks for the photo's

19. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Had a good day today. Only sold a couple of items and bought another artillery wheel. Met a couple of new HAMB friends including Yummy from Green Bay and Seesko from MN. Both were real nice guys. My pal Bobwop and his lovely girlfriend Carla stopped by for a long visit and that was good. Tomorrow is the auction and more swap meet action. Still having more fun than I deserve.

20. Man that wooden Sled with is the shit !! And I think I could fit an engine on it !!! >>>>.

21. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Coming from a guy who already owns the fastest snowmobile in the country!!!

22. Fenders

Fenders

For a guy with a new camera you take great photos !
    That $6800 barn find looks like a steal.

23. #### I ment to say "with the cool ass steering-wheel but my puter brain-farted >>>>.

24. cuzzindeke

cuzzindeke

Hi Paul! Hope you are enjoying the 70 degrees, its 100 degrees back here. Good pictures. Model A looks good, looks like there are a lot of nice cars . Maybe next year I'll be able to go.I'm getting some work done on my car. Now you guys have fun!

25. titus

titus

Me and my dad got there at about 10 on thursday, i bought a few parts here and there on thursday, then we stayed in stevens point as usual, got to the swap friday morning about 7, bought a few more things then decided i was sun burnt alot and legs were tired and we left.

my finds for the weekend:

cal custom carb scoop, cal custom finned covers, 28/9 above the viser panel, also 28/9 above the door roof panels, also picked up an A door latch (the repops suck), a pair of 28/9 roadster w/s posts, hurst sbc motor mount, 32-34 p/u outer door handle, and a filled original 32 grile shell with the bottom cut off (ive got a bottom for it)

its was a fun time, ran into a few hambers, looked for a few others but must have had some heat stroke! talked to Mike Paul aka mp33, krooser, moepower, looked for Rob Paul (i think i seen ya but your were napping!) Marcy was there too from texas, seen bobk too, Jeff PBRmeASAP, Rustbelt, flatjack, talked to Lukerster too. im sure i missed some one too!

had a great time

jeff

26. hey thats my roadster lol
    and titus i think you bought my carb scoop.. did it say $10 on it
    yeah i was pissed when my buddys sold it for that.. since that was 1980's price that i didn't take off... oh well

back home and a little crusty. i picked up the 34 spindles and a t rear spring so i am a happy camper
    ahhh only 364 more days till the next iola
    tk

27. tbraginton

tbraginton
    from Nevada

I see how this works I take all the time to make you a list and what do you do... you ignore it! Ha ha So now I really have to flex my fabrication muscles eh?

28. Abomb

Abomb

Don't come home yet....it's right around 150 degrees with 225 % humidity.....and it's nearly midnight.

29. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Just remember if your lost, you can find a friend at the tower... I hear they have some chicken dinners there too :cool:

30. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

The chicken dinners were great and the homemade milkshakes were much better than fast food places. Haven't tried the deep fried cheese curds yet but they look good.