Register now to get rid of these ads!

26 T Sheet metal Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by genti1ma, Jul 6, 2009.

1. genti1ma

genti1ma
    from Michigan

Just wondering if anyone has fabbed the "body line" on 26/27 T where the panels meet. I started a little sandblasting on my car and found nothing but an inch stuffed bondo under rattle can primer. Wanted to see if anyone has done this before and can offer some insight. Think a brake and bead roller might be the best to make that strip, but wanted to see what you guys have done before.

You cant see the actual damage in the pic, but under the crap primer is a terribly carved body work.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

maybe heat and bend some tubing of the correct diameter, then slice it lengthwise?

3. metalman

metalman

Since I have a bead roller with a die that would form that I would use it but it wouldn't be too hard without one. Make a hammerform to shape the metal into it. Some 3/4" plywood with a groove routed in it to match the profile would do it. It would come out as a straight piece but a little teaking over the knee and some hammer/ dolly work would make it curve to fit the body. I made a bunch of stuff with hammerforms before I was able to buy real tools!

4. 007fab0

007fab0

Send me some pics, of a good section of the bead or profile, I may be able to make a section..

5. 2ton29

2ton29

I am in the process of fixing a hatch job on my 27 sedan also. They cut my side window pannels just above the bottom of the windows, probably trying to chop it or make a tub. I just bought both upper complete side pannels for mine so have no need for the pieces when I get them off. Probably easier than making new ones. They look solid if you are interested I can send pictures. I am looking for rear window pannel or, if someone has side pieces from a chop( 4" ). Willing to trade or ?

6. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

7. genti1ma

genti1ma
    from Michigan

wow that thread is amazing katatonic mike. thanks man.

8. genti1ma

genti1ma
    from Michigan

metalman i think that i'm gonna go that route first and see where that leads me. thanks