Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's building a new ride for this years drags?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Kerry, May 11, 2009.

1. So who else is thrashing on a new car for the HAMB drags? Show us some pics!

I should have plenty of time to get this done (not sure about the $$$) but life keeps throwing other stuff in my way to occupy my time.

[​IMG]

2. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

I thought I would be ready, but I've been saying that going on 2 years now. Maybe I'll show up for the rubber on heal class. As Lightnin' Hopkins said, "rubber on wheel is faster than rubber on heal".

Attached Files:

3. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

Put a little lakes car together.

Attached Files:

4. ryno

ryno

any updates?

5. Re did the steering arms yet again, got the rest of the steering sorted out. Got the last of the pieces in the chassis. Tacked the seat belt moiunting points in. Made skins and welded Dzus fasteners on. There are some pics here.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370580

Got the brake pedal, linkage, and master cylinder mounted. Got the Moon pedel mounted but linkage is going to be a challange. put hard block in the block. Etc... August is just around the corner.

6. I don't know if you could say building or even fixing for the Drags this year. This has been in my garage for the last 15+ years and hasn't seen much road time at all, (less that 500 miles). Well that's about to change big time! A tune-up, some tools, a cell phone and my AAA membership card. I'm hitting the road. As my confidence builds, I'll roll a little bit more each day. This is in NO way like my 57. This is stock and mostly original. One way or another... I'll be at MoKan! It'll be great to get back there again. I'll be seeing you soon!

Bil

Attached Files:

• 1956.jpg
      1956.jpg
      File size:
      219.8 KB
      Views:
  7. ponchoman

ponchoman

Billy,
    That is a sweet looking '56! Glad to hear you are coming down this year. I'll be there once again, got a new bullet in the '63 Chevy SWB, and it should do a lot better. See y'all then!

8. Glen

Glen

Kerry how is the car coming along? I decided to build a new shortblock for my car, should have it out of the machine shop next week. Also, waiting on a new custom grind roller cam to show up late next week.

9. Definitely slower than I'd like it to. I got my engine goodies over to Engine Pro 5X about a week ago. My pistons are trash so I hope to get some ordered Monday. I've got the pedels and the shifter in but the throttle linkage will be interesting. The brake master cylinder and linkage are in but I just started working on the brake caliper mounting brackets. Tomorrow I plan on stripping the chassis bare to get the last of the structural stuff tig welded and then make an apointment with the NHRA chassis inspector. August is right around the corner!

How big will the Arizona contingent be this year? Looking forword to seeing you all!

10. Glen

Glen

There is four in my group....we will have my 29 and Justin's 1955 chevy gasser. Im sure Elpolacko and Jerry are going.

11. What's Alex bringing? Oh yeah, thanks for the warning about Jerry. ;-)

12. RAY With

RAY With

I was trying to get the 1950 built digger done but motor wont be ready till september. Still working on it and getting parts in every week. Needs a lot of TLC and a few improvments but still remain a original 1950. Shocks are needed up front and thats about it for the roller part. New 411 rear and trans on the way and waiting.

Attached Files:

13. bigken

bigken

Kerry - AWESOME............

14. If I don't blow her up I plan on bringing her down for the DOTD's too. :)

15. bigken

bigken

Sweet - you bringing the 'push-wagon'? :D

16. Yep, I'll need to tow her somehow.

17. #$#$ a little off of the top pleezze !!!!!!!!!!! >>>>.

Attached Files:

18. Sweet!!! Have the pistons shown up yet?

19. What Pistons ??? >>>>.

20. Don't do that to me!

21. Glen

Glen

Im a couple of days ahead of you.....I was file fitting piston rings last night. I have 5,7,8 in the hole, and will be back it tonight.

22. SlickRick

SlickRick

We are thrashing trying to get our gasser ready. Everything we touch we touch on this turd is having to be fixed or replaced. I bought the car as a "ROLLER", and it's been rolling down hill since we started. However, I will be there with it no matter what.

Attached Files:

23. davidparker

davidparker

Got the motor in! Waiting on the tranny, started the wiring, but it's going to be damned close.... If we don't get it finished, I think we'll bring it on a freakin' trailer! Just to sit in it and drink!

Attached Files:

24. Attached Files:

25. davidparker

davidparker

We didn't make it! :( Had to pull the plug around 5:00pm Friday. Still, we had an awesome time at THE drags. The good news is we are gonna have it ready for the GoodGuys/Greasarama in KC. How did the rest of you thrasher's make out. Got any pics?