Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Should I change the grill on my '29?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MCM, Jul 1, 2009.

?
  1. Change it

37 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. Leave it

179 vote(s)
    82.9%
  1. MCM

MCM

[​IMG]

I've been bouncing around the idea of putting a chopped deuce grill on my roadster, but I keep going back and forth on whether I really want to do it, or if I've just been leaning that way out of boredom.

I kinda like the stock grill because it stands out since most people switch them over to the deuce grills, but then again, there's a REASON why most people switch them over.

Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for someone to push me off the fence :D

Edit: Yes, I know the mirror is goofy, it was just a temporary thing I slapped on there to help me back out of my driveway until I found something I like, it'll be gone in a jiffy...

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

No please dont.itll look like every other duece grilled 29...consider this your push back:)

3. rick finch

rick finch

Leave it alone....A grills belong on A's.

4. henry29

henry29

No, and please get rid of that hideous mirror.

5. x2:d

6. johnnykck

johnnykck

Keep the '29 grill.

7. sololobo

sololobo

Pleeze not another cookie cutter friggin deuce shell, your chrome shell is right on!!!! And since you asking for opinions, a swan neck simple classic mirror would be more tasty. The roadster is pure badass!! My two-cents!! ~Sololobo

8. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I like 32 shells if youre running a hood, or on a lakes style car but yours looks good as it sits. Could do without the sideview mirror though :)

9. F&J

F&J

32 shell cut straight across the bottom (not sectioned), just like a lot of homebuild channeled cars had.

Chop the W/S too :)

10. Idahno what that reason is. I like A grills better. If I ever happen into a '32 Ford, I might just put an A grill on it.

11. harley man

harley man

Keep the A grill.The mirrors has to go.

12. '28 & '29 have always been my favs', even thought about putting one on my '32 truck, sorry Deuce guys, I even bought the shell already.
    I love the whole look of your car, oh yeah minus the biker mirror, but hey it's your car...

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Without seeing a few more pix, might I suggest it be a tad taller? Gary

14. Sharp car. I agree. Keep the A Grill.

15. Tony

Tony

I really dig the A grill..seriously, it looks great! And that's coming from a person who LOVES 32's...
    And i gotta agree even though it wasn't asked..gotta lose the cross mirror. That car is way too nice for that type of mirror.

16. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Keep the Grill it's awesome and I agree with every one else take the mirrors back Walmart.

17. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Don`t change the grille..
    and don`t listen to these guys that mirror is the bomb:rolleyes:

18. repoguy

repoguy

Keep the shell, ditch the mirror.

19. overkillphil

overkillphil

+1 on the mirror

20. Anyone keeping score on the mirror poll? :p

21. To Tall

To Tall

nice roadster keep the grill / trash the mirror and i am not shure about the mr roadster scoop

22. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

sell the mirror buy a larger A shell

23. derelict

derelict

A grille, stays. Mirror, goes. Do you have anymore pictures? It's a bitchen' car...

24. MCM

MCM

I just slapped that mirror on as a temporary thing to help me back out of my driveway until I found one I liked, then I got sidetracked and forgot about it. Consider it gone :eek:

Wasn't expecting the grill argument to be that one sided, but it makes sense. I was already leaning towards not doing it, because I was worried I was in that "changing stuff just to change stuff" mode. Gotta trust my gut more from now on...

As far as other changes go, I've thought about chopping the windshield, that'll most likely happen at some point. I go back and forth about the scoop, kinda hard to find something cool for a four barrel carb...

Thanks for the compliments on the car, most of the other pics I have now are just crappy cell phone pics, I'll try to set something up with the photographer at my work once I make a few more tweaks to it (and get rid of that mirror :D)...

25. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

I can certainly see keeping the 'A' grille shell on your car, but if it were on '32 rails I'd lean towards a '32 shell.

Cool looking car. I'd like to see more pics.

Malcolm

26. 7"Chop

7"Chop
    from Denver

Where is the mirror poll?

Keep the grill.

27. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Chopped 32

28. fordsoup

fordsoup
    from Altadena

to me sectioned or chopped 32 grills look dopey. They need to be left alone. Keep the A grill.

29. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

Grille shell stays, mirror goes. I can recall a time when the iron cross was not so novel. Shit I use to go places wearing my Schneider Racing Cams t-shirt and having people ask me if I was a Nazi. We can thank pop culture and a few high profile shops for taking the Nazi question off the table. Oh well, I will always have a place for the Maltese Cross in my heart...but not as a mirror. Nice little hotrod you have there. Whats the mill?

30. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Chopped 32 grille shells are sooo gay:rolleyes:

[​IMG]