Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

If you say so Eryk. Hear from Gary yet?

2. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

So THAT'S how you spell PACOIMA, I'd forgot. Projects? No way. Really? That sucks. It was, at one time, a beautiful place and a great place to grow up. So sad.

3. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

It's still fun to dust 'em off and go play in the street. Very cool Vega BTW. Sorry for the inappropriate vehicles.... :D
    [​IMG]

4. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

406 and not a pound less.
    Like I'd lie in the wrong direction.
    Check it out, a REAL street racer would call me a liar had I told them that I was running a 427 cubic inch small block Ford in 1998, but I was.
    If you only knew how deep I am into the REAL RACING SHIT!
    But I love ya man.
    But I WILL spank you and let you keep your $$.
    You have a year and this e-mail. Now remember Groucho, your going to a gun fight, bring not only a gun (car) but bullets will certtainly help (an engine), (not much cause it's a bankrutcy motor/engine), and no fair letting your girlfriend drive cause her reaction times are better than yours (LOL)
    We will set the race up on a Wen. and race on the following sat. Super Jew will be the starter and Big Willie will call the race at the end. Sound good?
    I'd like Sepulveda and Plummer (I don't give a rats ass what's there now!!)
    Or glenoaks by the old wrecking yards or a place that you tell me 2 months in advance so that I get familiar with the street. I'll be staying in Pacoima with the pinstriper, SCIMO.
    My '40 will be ready to do combat and just hope you bring all you can bring. I'm tubbed and all is fair.
    Juice/blowers/turbo's or all the above. But STICK SHIFTS are a must 3-4-5-6 speeds.
    I don't run front fenders or running boards or a hood.
    I'll register your car up here so you won't take a chance on losing it to the cops.
    Bobby Carson is my co-pilot by the way and my stand in wrench will be Mike Sanchez.
    Your gonna race the race of your young life.
    I'm gonna need Bottle Bob to say grace before the race, no prayer cause you ain't got one(LOL), just the word GRACE.
    How does that sound?
    If you beat me, and it is possible because even tho my shifts sound like a shotgun going off, I COULD, repeat COULD miss, I will wear an "I love Chevrolet" (is that how it's spelled?) T-shirt for one month and every wed. while I'm in so. cal for that month and CRUISING VNB. I will readily admit that I lost to you AND I will air brush on the back of the t-shirt that you wupped my ass without excuse.
    I win? You just maintain your respect for me. Simple?
    Like I said, I love ya man but I'm gonna spank you.
    THINK, you will be the ONLY one I have ever lost too in CALIF. (Got spanked plenty in Chicago by the brothers, bee-leeb dat!!)(I learned humble and compassion for my brother street racers)

5. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

406 and not a pound less.
    Like I'd lie in the wrong direction.
    Check it out, a REAL street racer would call me a liar had I told them that I was running a 427 cubic inch small block Ford in 1998, but I was.
    If you only knew how deep I am into the REAL RACING SHIT!
    But I love ya man.
    But I WILL spank you and let you keep your $$.
    You have a year and this e-mail. Now remember Groucho, your going to a gun fight, bring not only a gun (car) but bullets will certtainly help (an engine), (not much cause it's a bankrutcy motor/engine), and no fair letting your girlfriend drive cause her reaction times are better than yours (LOL)
    We will set the race up on a Wen. and race on the following sat. Super Jew will be the starter and Big Willie will call the race at the end. Sound good?
    I'd like Sepulveda and Plummer (I don't give a rats ass what's there now!!)
    Or glenoaks by the old wrecking yards or a place that you tell me 2 months in advance so that I get familiar with the street. I'll be staying in Pacoima with the pinstriper, SCIMO.
    My '40 will be ready to do combat and just hope you bring all you can bring. I'm tubbed and all is fair.
    Juice/blowers/turbo's or all the above. But STICK SHIFTS are a must 3-4-5-6 speeds.
    I don't run front fenders or running boards or a hood.
    I'll register your car up here so you won't take a chance on losing it to the cops.
    Bobby Carson is my co-pilot by the way and my stand in wrench will be Mike Sanchez.
    Your gonna race the race of your young life.
    I'm gonna need Bottle Bob to say grace before the race, no prayer cause you ain't got one(LOL), just the word GRACE.
    How does that sound?
    If you beat me, and it is possible because even tho my shifts sound like a shotgun going off, I COULD, repeat COULD miss, I will wear an "I love Chevrolet" (is that how it's spelled?) T-shirt for one month and every wed. while I'm in so. cal for that month and CRUISING VNB. I will readily admit that I lost to you AND I will air brush on the back of the t-shirt that you wupped my ass without excuse.
    I win? You just maintain your respect for me. Simple?
    Like I said, I love ya man but I'm gonna spank you.
    THINK, you will be the ONLY one I have ever lost too in CALIF. (Got spanked plenty in Chicago by the brothers, bee-leeb dat!!)(I learned humble and compassion for my brother street racers)

6. I gotta know you from when the street racers met at Hughes Parking lot. Still have my colors but no way can I get them on. I hung out there from 67-69 then played in the military for a couple of years, but came back most weekends once I was back in country.

Here are the cars I drove back then. My colors hanging from the Merc antenia for the pic.

7. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Inappropriate my ass, dude both those rides are dead on. the 68 looks like FASTANG #1 when I started on it!! WOW! I gotta go check my pulse now. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!! My hatch back is a '74 and is the same color but with N 50's and a faster than 12 sec. 2000 4 cyl. (Can you say Esslinger?)

8. Bash

Bash

Well, that's unless there's still a Wenchells Donuts around. We all know that they're totally dicked on them.

This painting below was painted in 1977, and was part of series about the San Fernando Valley. It depicts the cop stop that no law enforcement officer can pass by without a glaze fix.

It's ironic that this image was stolen by the cops and were selling it on clocks down at the police academy. I demanded they stop, but had to file a copyright infringement law suite to bring this crooked scheme to a close.

There was no option, what else could I do, call a cop? Ha!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  9. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

Esslinger? Can you say Racer Walsh 2.3? :D

10. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

I'm sure we do know each other. 1967 and 2009 pic's and the cars are in front of Rydell's/car wash VNB, me on the trailer and my x-wife Diane, "Headlights", talking to Super Jew, circa 1973/4, and I lost my colors in the divorce but retained my cars and "RACE?" colors see other pic's. I still fit my RACE? jacket but my arms are a bit snug(I work out some) you can get me at [email protected] or 360-672-4359, John or Gotcha.

11. GOT'CHA

GOT'CHA
    BANNED

Cool!

12. Bash

Bash

Hey Gotcha John,

I'm interested in the photo of the car wash. I'm working on a book about the glory days of Van Nuys Boulevard and would love to include your photo, or any others of VN Blvd during those days. Do you have a large file of this photo? You can reach me through my website at kentbash.com

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  13. I don't plan on the Vega to run 9's. But, I'll try a race anyway. All I'm saying is I don't believe the numbers you posted (RWHP) to equate to a 9 second car:confused:

14. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Starting to sound like Roller Derby...LOL!!!

15. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

[​IMG]

I love love love the Vega! Can't wait to see this on the road!

16. Yep, I remember ya! I look a bit different too. I'm at: [email protected]

17. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Hey - - does anybody remember Sid Blitz from the Street Racers ?

18. Searcher

Searcher

I'll have to get some pic's of Fred's altered next time I'm at his shop....it was a 27 Roadster PU. It was crashed by the guy he sold it to, so it's gone.
    I met Fred through a good friend who has the first car he built, a 37 Ford coupe 25 +years ago before he had his shop.
    And Yes, Fred is a " True talent " and just a nice guy, who's helped me alot.

19. skullhat

skullhat

is that the same sid blitz that became a car wholesaler? if so , i bought a few cars from him

20. Early Rider Steve

Early Rider Steve

Hi John, it's been over 30 years. I still fit my race? jacket. Steve Anderson

21. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Put in a few laps for a Valley O.G. for me huh?? Ive left my share of rubber on the bulivard,in the 70's.. sparky

22. Lightning

Lightning
    from N. Nevada

Don't know if they are one in the same - I last saw him at Devonshire Downs back in the mid 70's and knew he was in the Street Racers.

23. elrobo818

elrobo818

One more week until we take over van nuys blvd again!!!

:D

24. Found some old pics of me and a few other street racers from 1970.

Tall guy is Terry (Big T) on the left, Guy with the hat on nealing is Andy. Don't remember what his club name was. He was an Organizer or Sgt at arms. His older brother Steve was a VP or something back then. I was the one on the right. The guy sitting on the roof was Rick. The girl was Terry.

She and her husband are coming to the cruz. Not sure where Rick is, Andy is in Florida and the Guy Terry hasn't returned my messages yet.

The photo was from 1970 after I got back from Nam.

25. Bash

Bash

Hey Groucho,

You seem to be dialed into all of this just about better than anyone so I have a question for you:

If we can congregate again at Rydells? How early do you think we can show up?

Thanks

26. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Actually, Bash, I am getting things set up...Rydell will be accomodating us at 6:00....I went up and down the blvd tonight after work hitting all the food joints letting them know we will be back next week and gave them all flyers...
    Trying to explain a "Cruise Night" to some of these youngsters was like me trying to play a video game...We are from different time zones...
    However, Jesse, the manager at Arby's is excited and said everyone is welcome to cruise through, use his lot as a hang-out (this was Bob's Jr in the 70's) and has a 2 for 1 special on Wed nights. Jacks was looking forward to it...The manager at Ralph's was on vacation during the last cruise and was unaware of it even happening, but said she's an ex-cruiser herself and is looking forward to it...KFC and 4n20 are gearing up, 4n20 already had a flyer posted in the entry...Ramon, the manager at 4n20 welcomes cruisers too...I also stopped at Panda Express, Starbucks, Subway, McDonalds and the Lamplighter....
    I am going to put together a "Cruisers Guide to Boulevard Dining & Drive-Thru's"... If we support these establishments, we got a place to pee....And merchant support can only help the cause.....

27. Bash

Bash

Thanks VNCRUISER,

Where are you planning to roost while we wait for the rush hour traffic to die down? Are you driving this red Vette?

28. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Rush hour? On Van Nuys Blvd? have you been there lately? LOL!!! that street is dead in the evening. I'll Be at work until six...Then I have to come home and get the car...I'll be driving the Vette...Then to Rydell...And CRUISE!!!

29. vncruiser putting in some work for us cruisers, fucken awsome!

if the lot is going to be open at 6 who is going to control the traffic antil you get there?

i'll help pick up the lot after the cruise

30. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Still working on that, Miguel....I have a meeting set up with Rydell on Monday...They would like better traffic control in the lot than last time too...Can't say that I blame them. I'll post more as things come about.....

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.