Register now to get rid of these ads!

What were arduns in?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Jun 28, 2009.

1. adamshumard

adamshumard

I'm not really a ford guy, but I'm curious, what did arduns come in? Does anyone have some pics of them. I know where a few large groups of old vehicles are and though I would go look and see if any of them had one.

Thanks
    Adam

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I heart that they were a conversion that was intended for industrial vehicles such as delivery trucks but as Bruce Lancaster pointed out they probably never made it that far. Never have seen one installed in a truck or stock type vehicle for that matter. I think a good portion were sold at speed shops such as Bell and etc.

3. A few were fitted to English Allard cars

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

my friggin' dreams....

5. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Friggin beer all over my keyboard bud!:D

6. vertible59

vertible59

From what I understand about them, the conversion was used to make more power in larger trucks.

7. I have heard storied of people finding ARDUNs in COE's, but I don't know if that's true..

8. To my knowledge, Arduns were pure race car stuff never intended for a standard car.

9. adamshumard

adamshumard

So they werent actually in industrial trucks and the like often? The place I know of hasn't had anyone in it since the early 60's and the oldtimer that has it has let me go in a time or two since I went and sat and just talked with him a couple times. even sold me a set of wheels for my old chevy.

10. panic

panic

11. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

They came stock in nothing. Arkus Duntov designed these hemispherical heads with his brother starting the concept of design in 47' for larger power in large trucks. Trash trucks, I thought I read somewhere.

12. Tomcat65

Tomcat65
    from Stockholm

quite a few garbage trucks in Finland back in the day ! of which many were scrapped !!!

13. noboD

noboD

I read they were for heavy dump trucks too.

14. 3in1

3in1
    from nevada tx

as others have said trucks ,real cooool trucks . the intent was a low reving high torque work horse ,same as the hemi and other mopar big blocks . just not as good but looks coool .c

15. just buy the repros for 13,000

16. Weasel

Weasel

Garbage trucks - oops dustbin lorries - Croydon City Council. The flattie powered trucks had problems making it up the hills of South London, which is where Sydney Allard was based.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  17. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I bought a set that came out of a trash truck several years ago.Cut a fat hog and sold 'em for $2500----------live and learn ( or don't ) LOL