Register now to get rid of these ads!

Race car name

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Jun 25, 2009.

1. I've gotta throw in another plug for "Strawberry Pop-Dart".

2. Claych

Claych
    from Ca.

don't ask for cognitive reasoning here, or hybrid acronyms,

first thought (albeit trite)....

JAWS

3. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

Did ya make it back from track in one piece? was it a "Fast Dart" or a "Slow Dart" or a "Dart gone wrong" or a Fart'NDart, or a "Darn Dart" or a "Damn Dart", or "Demon Dart" or "Mo'Dart", or a "Dang it Dart" or a "Blanco Darto" or "Dart Fast" or "Dart Smart" or "Darty Harry", or "Darty Mary" or "Barts Dart" or put it on the trailer and call the trailer "Dart Cart", or "Little Farts Dart" or "Old Farts Dart" put a computer in it and call it the "Smart Dart". or a french twist Carte" Darte" or spanish "El Darto", or "Pointy Thing", " Dartling", Don't wash it and call it the Dirty Dart, or Dat Dart or Dang Dart or ... or need I go on at lengths............ " Long Dart" or "Mo Dart" or "DartTing" "Rojo Ojo Darto" or "My Dartling" Tart Dart, Dart Start,

4. Abomb

Abomb

In my best Fred Sanford voice........."Honkey"

5. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

How about "Wet behind the ears"

6. "Red Eye Flight"
    "old Redeye"
    "Redeye Special"
    "Texas Terror"
    "The Sherman Clump"
    "Herman From Sherman"

Please let us know when to stop.....

7. jdubbya

jdubbya

8. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Cant help you with a name but here is the vid

9. American Hellbilly

American Hellbilly
    from Seymour,IN

" Red Eyed Flight" Sounds cool to me. Thats what I was thinking while reading through the other posts.

10. greasy50chevy

greasy50chevy

11. "Shermanator"
    "White Hot"
    "Frosty"
    "White Chocolate"
    "Dancin' In The Dart"
    "Dart With A Heart"
    "Great White Hope"
    "White Lightening"
    "Texas Thiller" sorry MJ
    "Dartzilla"

I can keep 'em coming...

12. The Shocker

The Shocker

Thanks for posting the vid for me guys ...

13. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Dam Danial car sounds good, vid. was to dark but what was your time?

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

I think it was 7.62 at 90.5 mph on that run.My best run of the evening (if you can call it a best) ,was 7.61 at 91.5 mph. It was spinning bad and fish tailing all thru first all 6 runs.The track was real hot and greasy and they didnt prep it ,i guess cause it was a test and tune night.My best 60' was a lousy 1.73 as compared to the 1.6's i was getting at Ardmore carrying more weight at the time.Thanks for the compliment on it.I dont plan to run it anymore till the Hamb Drags ...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  15. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

How about "The Handicap Van"?:)

16. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Just don't add beef to the name !

17. The Shocker

The Shocker

Your funny Buzzard .I think i may get an air shifter for the Powerglide ,so i dont miss the one shift ...

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Haha, I was hoping you'd see the humor in that.

Is the car fun to drive?
    I'm a little concerned about putting the auto in my '55. I know it'll be faster, I just hope it's as much fun. I see the in-car cameras on youtube and Pinks All Out and those guys aren't doing much. There's know way I'd have time to turn around and fender somebody in the coupe. I'm too busy driving it. Oh well, if it sux I can put a manual in it later.

19. The Shocker

The Shocker

Just run it on a 100 degree day with an unprepped greasy track and you will be busy as a cat covering shit trying to keep it straight and floored at the same time.Its not as much fun as a stick shift sure ,but its still tons of fun (because your drag racing) and i havent even used the trans brake yet ,except to back up of course.I think if my car was any slower ,i wouldnt like it with an auto ,but running in the 11's is fun no matter how you get it there.Running 7.5 in the 1/8 is gone before you know it anyway ,so theres not much time to get bored.I was watching several cars running high 8's -11's last night with autos and i dont know if i could handle that kind of bordum .About how fast is your 55 gunna be probably ? I tell you what ,if you want i will let you take a run in Dart at the Hamb Drags to see if you like running an automatic.I gaurantee you will be smiling ...

20. I still like the TRANQUILIZER with a Melrose Missile theme to it. Paint a giant syrings behind the gold leafed lettering. I think that'd look bad ass, and fit its era

21. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Half Breed
    Mixed Emotion
    Motor Rat
    RATTLE-TAILS

"THE SHOCKER " is still a great name too because the guy in the other lane will be SHOCKED when you leave the light !

POP-DART still has that catchy late 60's early 70's name that so many drag cars had ! Not sure about the strawberry though !

22. The Shocker

The Shocker

We have a winner.I like the name (even though i thought of it first) ,but the clincher was your idea of the giant syring with the gold leaf lettering .I hate to disturb the patina on it ,cuz i think it looks kinda neat ,but when it cools off in the fall im gunna clean the body up and get the guy that painted my 56 to spray it .Im not sure if he can letter or not ,but its getting your idea on its sides. Now what color should the body be ? Stay with the white ,or another color ,red maybe ? I ditched the red headlights for more weight savings ,along with the headlights buckets and hood latch in favor of pins to keep it shut.I made some covers out of some curbed rashed moon discs that i cut down to size to cover the wholes in the fender ends.I like it better than the red look ,cuz it weighs less mostly ...

23. Mark Hinds

Mark Hinds
    from pomona ca

It's a Dodge R/T right. "Rattle Trap":D

24. dart attack
    dart vader
    dart break hotel
    darts all folks

25. pdc

pdc

When I was riding Bareback horses or Bulls, whenever you get thrown over the "dashboard" or head. Then landed on your head it was always called "Yard Dart". i guess the same as "Lawn Dart". Just different way of saying it I guess.
    So how about "Yard Dart"

26. pdc

pdc

"Lethal Injection"

27. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I still think you hit it on the head with "TRANQUILIZER". Fits perfect, would look great with lettering similar to Bob Sullivan's "PANDEMONIUM V" A/FX 'Cuda.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

28. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Darty white boy !

29. Seeking Sponser

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage