Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does Rod building interfear with your day job??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jun 25, 2009.

1. uc4me

uc4me

My job definitely interferes with everything else, time with the family car/house projects....maybe I need to start playing the lottery

2. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

i repo cars for a living ..so.. my boss was breaking my balls about how much money and time i spend on old cars so i told him to take his job and shuve it up his ass and quit....

3. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

What's a day job???? Sometimes my rod building interferes with my fishing...or is it the other way around....? I am so happy that i got a buyout last year and at age 55 i could retire...:D

4. Wildcatter

Wildcatter

At work all forums are blocked, but I talked the tech into giving me access to the HAMB. Teaching engineering has its advantages.....

wc

5. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

no.my day job is building my hotrods

6. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

When i was working at Caterpillar i was running an engine dyno so i sat behind a computer mon-thurs. and would get bored outta my head.I wasn't allowed to get on the net because you had to have a password which they wouldn't give anyone that hadn't been there for years.So i got a password from a few guys and would check the H.A.M.B. when no one was around to get caught otherwise i would have lost my job. I would be daydreaming all day about gettin work done to my car and drive 50 miles home from work and by the time i would get home i was too tired to piss with it.I had to get up at 3 am to be to work by 5am and get off at 330pm monday through thursday and on friday all i wanted to do was sleep all day!!!!

7. havi

havi

I fall into this category as well. Some reason that long drive home always kills the ambition.

8. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

9. Bettlejuice

Bettlejuice
    from WV

ALT-Tab, a HAMB-er's best friend at work... Try to have something really complicated looking in the background, too... Lots of numbers and graphs, preferably mulit-colored, it makes for better effect. Just make sure you don't have something worse, say, your MySpace page chattin' it up, opened up behind it too. Frantically punching alt-tab at the sight of a superior raises suspicion.

Hell, I sit around half the day not doin' jack-squat 'cause I'm waiting for computers to run massive processes that take forever, so I can either poke around on the internet or sit there with my thumb up my butt and fall asleep. It really kinda sucks though, I sit around all day thinkin' about doing some work on the car, but by the end of the day my brain is fried and my eyes have gone googly from staring and a few computer screens, and I typically want to be a vegetable, I can't even watch TV until late night my eyes get so pokey. It's different when my car's here though, now I have to drive 20 minutes to work on it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  10. ChromePlaterJosh

ChromePlaterJosh

I'm too exhausted to work on anything after work (seem to always be running behind...) But since I need to work on finishing up the remodel of our house before working on the car (which I don't want to do,) I haven't done either lately.

When I do get a break, I don't even want to work on my own parts to rechrome because I have been doing all the paying customers' work all the time. I just want to leave the shop and clean up.

11. VonKool13

VonKool13

Yup! I was thinking my job interferes with rodding as soon as I read the title!

12. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Cops are just as bad. I've had to hang up and call back Summit after I got done working an accident. People can be so inconsiderate, having personal issues and needing a cop while I'm trying to get parts!:D

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Hot Rod building does interfere with my NAP time. :)

I retired almost 4 years ago and I thought I was really going to get a lot done around the house and on my then just purchased 1932 3W project.

Boy, was I mistaken ... :rolleyes:

I actually got more done when I was working 40 hours a week. I was out and about and could source parts and stuff a lot easier. My place of employment had a vastly better sets of tools and equipment than I have also. P L U S ... I sometimes could sneak my small projects in and work on them on their time. They had a air conditioned shop and mine is not. It is 95 plus here today :( So I sit here in the house in the A/C ... and the coupe sits out in the hot shop patiently waiting for me to come out and work on it :mad:

14. 29SX276

29SX276

Not a bit;I don't work anymore,the govt pays me to be a burden on society.I can play on rods the whole live long day!:D