Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Guy Outro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holy crap. I didn't know the HAMB was to be taken seriously. I just got on the HAMB. The post about the "traditional hot rod for $5000.00" was like opening up a 55 gallon barrel of worms. Did I miss the posts defining "poser", "gold chainer", "billet rod"? Worms, worms and more worms. Some stand up comic should discover the HAMB and he would have a bottomless PIT of material.

2. JamesG

JamesG

[ QUOTE ]
    holy crap. I didn't know the HAMB was to be taken seriously. I just got on the HAMB. The post about the "traditional hot rod for $5000.00" was like opening up a 55 gallon barrel of worms. Did I miss the posts defining "poser", "gold chainer", "billet rod"? Worms, worms and more worms. Some stand up comic should discover the HAMB and he would have a bottomless PIT of material.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO, that was good [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. slammed

slammed

[ Some stand up comic should discover the HAMB and he would have a bottomless PIT of material.

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] And 'Triumph the Insult Comic Dog' from The Conan O'Brien Show........"for me to POOP ON!"

4. did I miss something? what the fuck happened?

5. slammed

slammed

[ QUOTE ]
    did I miss something? what the fuck happened?

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] The Build a Rod for $5000 thread was the last straw for Jim.

6. 46stude

46stude

5 pages for this? You guys need to think about bandwidth wasting before Ryan says to Hell w/ all of us. If you haven't noticed from his posts lately, I think Ryan is about fed up w/ the drama & threads like this ain't helping change the HAMB back to what it used to be. Hey-Zeus Crease-Toe, guys, grow up......

7. Anderson

Anderson

I went to GG Puyallup a couple years ago wearing a HAMB shirt. You (JimA) came up and introduced yourself, it was cool. Now you'll probably be running the other way when you see a HAMBer! I know what you're saying. I don't envy Ryan for his responsibility. I'm afraid I'm gonna try to log on one day and the whole thing is gonna be gone. No more HAMB...too much Bullshit, to many people who just like to talk shit, to much O/T. Guess it was good while it lasted...

8. well said redbeard.

thank you.

9. Sorry you feel like you need to go....If it's what you need to do, do it.
    I enjoyed meeting you at DesMoines this year...didn't mind driving to "hicksville" to score your Model A quarter and was rewarded with having breakfast with Ben D who delivered it.
    We've always gotten along well and you have my e-mail addy if you need any more midwest junk...
    Thanks again for that one favor we can't talk about in front of certain people.....heh heh...
    I'd really rather you didn't do this shit tho...Rocky

10. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

By the time you read this post, you could have boxed (welded and ground) one complete deuce rail. Right?

11. Talked with Jim, yesterday... and yes, he is done.

In fact, many of the old timers have hit their limit... and have silently left, or will be leaving.

The HAMB has just gotten too big... the common opinion is that it sucks to have to log on here every 10 minutes to keep up with shit... good posts fall off the board too fast... and there is a longing for the old days.

Sam.

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the HAMB has become "the scene"

the hand writing is on the wall..

this must be the end..

if I were king,

half the posts that choke this site would simply disappear.

rules would be enforced.

heads would roll..

but in the meen time I think I'll go out to the garage.

Paul

13. [ QUOTE ]
    the HAMB has become "the scene"

the hand writing is on the wall..

this must be the end..

if I were king,

half the posts that choke this site would simply disappear.

rules would be enforced.

heads would roll..

but in the meen time I think I'll go out to the garage.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

ryan said one time that if what we do here (I forget his words exactly) became main stream, he'd pull the plug...

Sam.

14. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

You guys really do take yourselves way too seriously sometimes......

Jim A pissed me off a few times and he made me laugh a few more. It's all in good fun..........

He really has a lot to offer this place.

If he has better things to do than look at the HAMB, good for him. I guess I thought it was funny that he made it official. I think if I get done with the Hamb, I'll just be done. I don't really see the need to announce it.

THIS IS THE INTERNET! It's not real and it really doesn't matter in the sceme of things. Relax.

I don't understand why everyone tries to personalise it so much. I don't come to the HAMB for friends. I've got REAL friends............ The internet freaks me out that way.

HAMB meetings are fucking stupid too. If I happen to meet some of you guys and you look at the HAMB cool. BUT I don't really want to meet people just because they are HAMB people. I think that's wierd.

This place should be looked at as a tool. A tool that can entertain, teach and help you see your project through.

In fact it's probably my favorite tool, besides my big orange hammer............

15. funny, I post here because people give me shit....., well, sorta. Most people realize that everything I post is comedy. I dont catch shit at all in real life and I wonder how honest that is.

dont leave Jim, there are questions that come up and they all get answered here in a few minutes. This place is a great tool. Dont take it so serious.

Your problem is that you should have asked if any of these jackasses ever built a car for more than five grand. You would have heard crickets on that one!
    now, with that said, VW's are still fucking stupid.

16. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

As long as I can get my questions answered I will always be here. If I can help answer someone else's questions that rocks too.

I still learn from the HAMB whenever I log on. And it's ten times faster than waiting on a magazine to run an arty that can show you how things are done (no offense JimA or any other mag guys reading this - I still buy magazines).

Jim, it sucks that a guy who actully knows something is going to toss in the towel. The posers will infest this place from here on, you just have to deal with it.....(there are a few who've replied to this post already - fuck 'em, they haven't got a clue.) And wasn't RYAN going to clean house when things calmed down anyway?

I, for one, am a HAMBer for good, until Ryan personally kicks me out or shuts it down......I get a lot out of it whenever I really need something and I still feel like I have some Knowledge to give back. No reason to quit even with all the jerk offs that come and go.

The hardest thing to do here is to ignore the kind of posts that are begging for a good rant.....and I still get sucked in once in a while.

On the other hand, I agree with Bobbleed, if I meet someone from the HAMB at a show - cool - if not, who cares. I just met Arnie "the Farmer" Beswick and Spencer, the guy who drove "the Grocery Getter" in the sixties. They're not HAMBers, but they're pretty fucking cool to talk to......(BTW, Spencer hasn't even been to a drag strip - not even as a spectator since the 60's, this weekend was his fist time back. Cool stories......)

Point is, there's really no reason to "quit". If you want to go away for a while, do it - take a break. You might think of something or want to know something someday a year from now, and the HAMB will being calling you back. So don't announce that you quit, just tell us you're leaving for a while. You'll be welcome back I assure you.

17. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

well thanks alot fucker. now i have to put Dr.J in his place all by myself. nobody else has the balls to do it.

i've been cuttin back a little lately myself. too much real live shit to do in the garage.

18. hatch

hatch
    from house

Jim....fuck em.....gettin to be a bunch of wannabe posers on the board....Maybe you need some bad tattoos and a fat greasy girlfriend to help push a pos four door reliant to the bar...they you would be OK!!!!...fuck em...I like your style..hatch

19. BobBleed, Broman, and Hatch could not have said it any better. Do what you need todo.

20. steevil

steevil

well that's pretty shitty. Good luck Jim.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I sense a Tech Week coming on

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

My take? Confusion.

Go look at the post list right now. We are over 90% on topic and have been for the past 3 months. Yep, three months. I do work on this place quite actively ya know...

In my opinion, the people who are doing the complaining need to stop bitching and do something about it. You don't think there is enough tech? Fine, post some. You want more event coverage? Go to an event. I can't do all of this by myself fellas. The HAMB has always been self moderated and will continue to be so - it is what you guys make it. I've never taken the credit for this place, cuz I didn't build it. You guys did. And if ya want it to keep getting better, then you guys have the responsibility to do so... Saying, "The HAMB Sucks" blindly just because you heard someone else saying it is not going to help me, you, or the HAMB... So I'd rather you just leave.

Mainstream? That's a fucking joke. If I was mainstream you'd know it - trust me.

In conclusion, the HAMB is the HAMB. If ya think you can do it better, go for it... and JimA, I'm real fucking tired of you leaving in a dramatic fashion, starting up all kinds of shit, and then coming back a week later. Tired. Lame. Poserish. Go away.

23. Elrusto

Elrusto

24. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"Dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya!"

I forget where I heard that, but its good advice...

25. slammed

slammed

[ QUOTE ]
    "Dont let the door hit ya where the lord split ya!"

I forget where I heard that, but its good advice...

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] That was used by a Philly boy, who was booted from the HAMB.

26. Mainstream... yep, I'd say what we do is mainstream.

Everyone and their brother jumping on the bandwagon... model cars and hotwheels in primer... all the TV exposure... and term Rat Rod being a household word now... yea, I'd say it's gone mainstream.

Just ask anyone who is anybody in the hot rod world if they have heard of the HAMB... call it a good thing, call it reaching the world... call it mainstream.

Sam.

27. [ QUOTE ]
    Tired. Lame. Poserish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard that a lot lately. Exactly why I'm done. I've been kicked off before for defending myself and for an "offensive" sense of humor. But this is the first and last time I leave like this. Show me 3 other guys that have been told by the moderation in multiple open forums "you suck" and "you aren't cool like the other magazine guys" (which I don't dispute and really don't care because popularity contests aren't my thing- but please remember that of your greatest heroes of the last four years I can think of at least 3 that aren't even involved with hot rods anymore- but at least they were deemed "cool" by the almighty "cool police") and I might feel differently. The HAMB definitely doesn't suck and I don't thrive on drama- just become a part of it because people gotta flex bigger than me- NO problem- rule the internet- that's toatally each individuals right. Lock the post- make it disappear, it doesn't matter to me- I was never disrespectful intentionally or openly- wish I could say likewise.

28. [ QUOTE ]
    ... yep, I'd say what we do is mainstream.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mainstream has changed,and will continue to change,not always for the better.

Some day,hopefully soon,this sort of thing will not be fashionable any longer.

It's almost time for the big magazines to get together and invent(dictate)the next trend.
    A few will remain loyal to what they have always believed in;
    and the Instant Traditionalists(tm) will be on to the next big thing,
    looking for the 15 minutes of fame that Andy Warhol promised.

29. [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Tired. Lame. Poserish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I heard that a lot lately. Exactly why I'm done. I've been kicked off before for defending myself and for an "offensive" sense of humor. But this is the first and last time I leave like this. Show me 3 other guys that have been told by the moderation in multiple open forums "they suck" and "they aren't cool like the other magazine guys" (which I don't dispute and really don't care because popularity contests aren't my thing- but please remember that of your greatest heroes of the last four years I can think of at least 3 that aren't even involved with hot rods anymore- but at least they were deemed "cool" by the almighty "cool police") and I might feel differently. The HAMB definitely doesn't suck and I don't thrive on drama- just become a part of it because people got flex bigger than me- NO problem- rule the internet- that's toatally each individuals right. Lock the post- make it disappear, it doesn't matter to me- I was never disrespectful intentionally or openly- wish I could say likewise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were gone? [​IMG]
    Sam.

30. [ QUOTE ]
    I thought you were gone? [​IMG]
    Sam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks buddy- now even my friends gotta kick me in the teeth. How can I miss that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.