Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need advice asap on pinstriping!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Jun 24, 2009.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I just called a local pinstriper and artist that i have known of for a while, He has been pinstriping longer than i have been around and im 25. Ive been wanting to get some work done on my truck but ive been putting it off for other things. Well i tlked to him today and he said he was doing a corvette in my area and said that he could swing by my house and stripe the truck for me. He is going todo 2 colors. Ill have pinstriping on the hood the front and rear fenders and the back of the cab and the dash. He said he will charge me between $140 and $150 is this a good deal? Ive seen his work and he is very very talented. I have to tell him smthing before 1:30

2. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

3. You've answered your question right there. Asking if having a striper do your truck is worth it is like asking if some random car is worth it. It depends on the quality of the work, and if he's "very very talented" $150 can be a deal, unless he just puts a single stripe down the side of your car. If he's good, and you want it, it's worth it.

4. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

YES. Hope it comes out just right. :)
    -GothY-

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yep jump all over that!!!!

6. screaming deal.

7. overspray

overspray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup and give him a tip or gas money for coming over to your house!!

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just don't stand there and tell him what to do or how to it do except for what he asks you at the start.

Just tell him the colors you want and the general plan for the stripes. Then let him have at it and leave him alone.
    If he is that good he will come up with a knock out plan that cost you a ton less than it would have if you hover over him.

Personally I like the 10/15 ft stripes as I don't want them to show up over about ten-fifteen feet away from the car.

9. SCR8PINHRD

SCR8PINHRD
    from delta pa

I had two cars done by a local guy that is pretty well know, came to my house and striped. I told him a general idea I had and told him to do what he does best. He spent about 5 hours on my 54 chevy and asked for $200, I gave him $350 and he did my 32 which took about 2 hours and he asked for $150 and I gave him $250. If he is good, it's worth it. I have been to NSRA shows and seen customers charged $400 bucks and got a 1/4 of what I got.

10. 65Riviera

65Riviera

seriously? pay it...!

11. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

ok im going to get him todo it ill post pixs tommorow im leaving work to meet him. Yea i told him i want him to use his judgement

12. I wish I lived near you, I can't get anyone to look at mine for $150. DO IT!!!!

13. jdk

jdk
    from Nebraska

I had a local guy that is very well known do mine gave him colors to chose from told him to do whatever he wanted and it turned out better than I was expecting for 150 so remember if he hooks you up like my guy did tip him well!!

14. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

iT TURNED OUT GREAT IM MADE A NEW THREAD WITH THE PIXS CHECK IT OUT GUYS.