Register now to get rid of these ads!

Top excuses you tell your wife!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65fordguy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

First wife couldn't deal with it....that is why I have a EX wife.
    Second time around I managed to find a gear head. She has never said one cross word towards parts or cars.
    Best thing to do is Remind her she married you for you....don't let her change you...if that is the case.

2. swi66

swi66

Prior to getting married, 31 years ago.
    We sat down and had a discussion regarding my cars.
    I said we had to have an up-front agreement.
    Never ask me to part with any of my cars.
    Not to buy a house.
    Not to pay bills.
    Not to put a kid through college.
    No reason............
    Those things will get paid for some other way.
    With both of us working, we bought a house, and pay our bills fine.
    And the cars keep coming.
    She goes with me to certain shows, but not all the time, as I spend my time gabbing etc. anyways.
    She spends cash on what she wants as well.
    31 years and counting aint bad.

Some of my friends from way back.
    Sold their rides to fund things out of necessity, at least in their wives eyes they were necessities, home improvements, expensive vacations, etc.
    Funny, none of them are no longer together..................

And when we bought our home, after 10 years of marriage.
    It came with parking for 6 cars, and a lift in the garage.

3. prost34

prost34

i thought everyone in arkansas had the same dna?,oh wait i think thats west virginia,,

4. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

After 32 years I have finally figured it out. I don't buy stuff, I don't ask for money, I don't ask for nothing. If she wants to buy something I don't say shit about it. If I want to buy something I don't say shit about it. Am I pussy-whipped? Fuck no! You have to get pussy to be pussy whipped. We've gone to direct deposit on my disability and pension checks so I don't have to look at them. I cook her meals, I clean her house, I wash her clothes and I sleep in a separate bed. She controls the money, the tv, the hours we eat, sleep, and if she can, when I shit. Is she as good looking as she was when we got married? Fuck No! Have things changed a little since we said "I do"? Hell yes!! Am I happy? Hey I've been doing this for thirty two years, I'm used to it. Gotta go, my girlfriend just came in to give me a foot-rub and a cold beer. Cheers!!!

5. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

it's not mine i swear, i'm just holding it for a friend!

6. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

I used to say "I did some work on this guys car, and it was part of the deal."

Right now she's got more cars than I do counting her demolition derby cars, so I get to grind on her about it...for a little bit... Im building a couple more cars for me to even the score hahaha. -GothY-

7. 49 Custom

49 Custom

1) Have it shipped to the office.

2) Make sure it fits in the trunk.

3) Install it when she's out shopping.

4) Always have enough left over in case you get caught.

5) You will eventually get caught.

Nah, keep it honest.

8. Dont need any excuses. Got my wife when she was 15 years old raised her to be like i wanted:cool:. So far its been great for 36 years. I will probasbly be dead if she reads this post:eek:. Oldwolf

9. Elvisaurusrex

Elvisaurusrex

"Where are you going?"
    "Honey, I'm not going to lie to you.. See you later!"
    Slam the front door and drive away as fast as humanly possible..

10. kookee

kookee

"But honey, the car just speaks to me. It said it needed these parts!" I usually just get a sarcastic "uh-huh".

I earn it, no need to justify how I use it.

11. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shut up woman, get in the kitchen where you belong and cook me some fuggin eggs!

Umm, anyone else watch 'Once were warriors' lately?

Hey, guess what guys? Im single too.......

(Like Id have the balls to say something like that anyway!)

Doc.

12. Fatbrosracing

Fatbrosracing
    from Australia

I'm with Goztrider, people often ask me what my partner says about me having all these cars.....I say " she can't complain, half of them are hers "

13. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

NO excuses here but I figured out why she smokes....:cool:

Attached Files:

14. Posi12Bolt

Posi12Bolt

I've got it pretty good, when I go to work I sit on a computer for 12 hours...

when I come home she asks how many cars / parts I bought today?

I tell her... only 1 today...or 2 or 3...whatever it may be, she'll then ask when I plan on selling off one of the other 30 or so junkers in the field, I tell her next week.

I think we've only had 1 or 2 good "discussion's" over the need for an expensive new toy... she gets mad but it doesnt last too long.

as said in here before, I don't wanna lie to my best friend so she knows all my expensive spending habits.

15. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I used to ask , then it was just easier to hide and after 33 years of being married she don't even care.

16. Larjk9

Larjk9

Bought my Wife a Harley with a Purple flamed paint job, just like she wanted. I financed it instead of paying cash. This gives me a couple or three years of "hey I'm paying for that Harley" when she starts up about the Hot Rod stuff. The finance charge is worth it, trust me

17. Rust Monkey

Rust Monkey

If she's into the cars it makes life alot easier. I just lucky like that I guess.

18. brandon

brandon

i used that one , when i got heavy in to the magnesium thing back in the early 00's.....:D

19. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

I just say I bought it to resell. Downside is when money gets alittle tight she wants you to sell shit.

20. drfreeze

drfreeze

I usually take take the easy way out , i work nights and home all day when the packages arrive there whisked off to the garage. 2 problems though a 3 year old with a big mouth and a wife with a garage door opener!

21. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

My girl hates my hobby, Funny story, I had a dirtbike(yz250) and wanted a 450 so i sold the 250 and went and got my 450 and she never knew Untell her brother came over and blew it... Now i just ask and she will bitch, But if the moneys there she says yes then she will come out with a new purse or shoes...

22. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

been married for almost 11 years & my husband never asks for anything, so when he does we get it!! if we cant afford it, we save till we can.

23. 49coupe

49coupe

I've been married for 15 and into this hobby (seriously) for about 10 years. A relationship requires understanding and compromise. My wife understands I love my cars, that it's an escape from daily life/work and generally doesn't get on my case.

Actually she keeps it from getting out of hand, aka obsession, which is not hard to do as we all know too well. It's hard to argue when she presents the facts - "the earliest you've been home from work this week is 8:00, you spent Saturday at the swap meet, is it really necessary to be on your laptop at the kitchen table during diner searching for parts when your son (he's 3) hasn't seen you all week?" All hobbies cost money: model trains, golf, tennis, boating, etc. Most significant others know this.

If you have to always sneek stuff past your wife/GF and lie, there will be trouble sooner than later.

24. yblock292

yblock292

Honest Honey I bought it for you, and it really hurts my feelings when you say you don't want it, can't take it back just thought you would really be surprised! Maybe this is why mines an ex now !

25. RAY With

RAY With

15 years married and I don't have to make any excuses. She is a hotrodder and knows the disease and understands the needs. We have his/her's cars and whenever the occasion arise we head out. Most of our plans are car related and since we both enjoy them either of us have a need to try and bullshit one another

26. Firetop

Firetop
    from chicago

I get away with it most of the time but sometimes I just tell her to get used to it. Its going to be the same thing when we build her car. That always ends it. Then from there its all good.

27. budhaboy

budhaboy

my GF's Father used to race Sprint cars in the 60s and 70s, and is in the process of rebuilding his Father's '53 Chebby PU, and her Brother is a custom fabricator(mostly off-road, and V-twin Choppers) so she knows all about my hobby and whatnot.
    We havent really gotten into the money aspect yet, but she's a newly Degree'd Veterinarian, and has already agreed to be my sugarmomma...:cool:

28. lol i live by that motto everyday

29. HotRod33

HotRod33

She doesn't have a key to my barn,,,, so I don't have to lie, I tell her I just got a few parts......

30. 65fordguy

65fordguy

This is some good stuff... lol.