Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chev's of the 40's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wicked50, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Wicked50

Wicked50

Who has ordered parts from Chev's of the 40's. How is the quality of their parts. I priced out the parts I need for my truck and including shipping it came out to about $500 cheaper than LMC or Brothers. Thanks

2. Tony

Tony

I've bought a bunch of stuff from them. Overall i've been pleased with what i've bought and how quick it got here..
    The door weather striping is a bit 'universal' but did work pretty good, and for the price, i couldn't complain..
    I bought both cowl side's from them too. I was actually impressed with those. They were a heavier gauge than i thought they would be..and fit pretty nice too.
    I've had good luck with thier customer service too..
    So i guess i don't have much bad to say with my personal experiences.

Tony

3. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I've bought stuff in their store and been satisfied with it. I've never ordered anything from them.

4. Squablow

Squablow

My dad bought some stuff from them for his '54 Belair and didn't have any complaints. I think they run a pretty good company there.

5. Only heard good things about them, but I'm sure someone has had a bad experience.

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Nothing but good stuff from them. It's too bad they dont have more for my truck!

7. Ive had good luck with the parts, and the customer service has always been top notch......

8. Just bought a couple things recently and am pleased. I'd buy from them again.

9. thumbs up here!!

10. I am told that they are a top notch outfit! The neighbor always buys from them, and sells them carbs (cores) for rebuild.

11. chopt49

chopt49

Had great service with them too.

12. Fishtail8

Fishtail8

Good experience here also. The person who I got on the order desk was also quite knowledgable about which pieces meant for the Chev's would also work on my Pontiac. I'm a repeat customer.

13. Lucky444

Lucky444

4 stars for Chev's Of The 40's.

I've personally had better luck with them than with National Chevy Association. All parts have been good quality and staff seems knowledgeable.

14. customcory

customcory

One of the good companies, send stuff fast!:D

15. Have bought lots from them good and fast - only problem I have had was reproduction grill ends for 54 Chev were a bad fit but worked with "persuassion"

16. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

I have bought a ton of things from them and I always go back. I do check out The Filling Station and Jim Carter to compare prices though.

17. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I've bought a ton of stuff from them building my '37. 99% of what I got was great quality, the 1% went back with no problem. They have a great catalog with excellant diagrams, a knowledgable customer service and they ship right out.

18. owen thomas

owen thomas

I bought a pair of chrome hood side emblems for my ’53 pickup from Chev’s of the 40’s, one of which was total crap. Contacted them by email and by mail, no response at all. Nothing. Didn't try phone.
    Bought a lot of truck stuff since from Truck Shop and Car Shop in Orange, California – great service from them.

19. I buy from them constantly. they always seem to have it in stock. they have expanded to hot rod parts and their new facility is well run.

20. Rockit53

Rockit53
    from Berwyn, IL
    1. 37-38 Chevys

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them, good experiences.

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

good company. no problems ever with anything I've bought from them.

22. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

I work just down the street from them...their staff is very knowledgeable and they have a pretty cool showroom! I've had great buying experiences there.

23. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

i got some stuff for my 37 from them and they were awesome. Nice parts and super decent pricing. not sure why they arent alliance vendors yet?

24. cicciobilly

cicciobilly
    from italy

I've ordered some stuff from them last december, I got it in no time also if it was around Xmas time, maybe the fastest shipping to Italy I ever had ordering something from the USA, the only bad thing was the shipping cost and the customs here in Italy, but this is obviously not their fault!
    Also the customer service is good, as soon as I need something I'll place orders there again!

25. Kustom Kid 53

Kustom Kid 53

great to deal with. just ordered more stuff from them yesterday.

26. Yep, I buy from them on a regular basis and no problems. In fact I got an item misboxed recently and they sent a will call UPS tag and got the correct item to us quickly. Very good service.

27. cederholm

cederholm

...another happy customer here.

28. Swifster

Swifster

As an appraiser, I've used them quite a bit for parts and no one has complained. If I needed help, Dale has always been happy to do so...

29. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

I just ordered some gaskets from them for my 51.Ordered on line and 5 days later it was at my door.Good service.I would definitely order from them again.