Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage MN, Back To The 50's Pic Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by good_ol_boy, Jun 21, 2009.

1. I figured I start a thread and post some of the pics that I took at the show. Feel free to post your pics or a link on this thread too.

(Click to enlarge)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Great pics. I just got home. It was a great weekend. :)

3. Me too. It was a great show. I got more pictures too. Whatta show. The meet and greet was fun too.

4. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

great pics ! good to finally meet a few of you , anyone get pics of the 34 5 window with the candy metalic paint , white interior with chrome garnish mouldings and souped up flatie ! camera was dead but that was a sweet car with some cool history !

5. i wish i could a went. noww im a lil slow today so any one know what motoe is in that rpu
    [​IMG]

6. Here's a few I took.

Attached Files:

7. a few more

Attached Files:

8. One more batch for now. :)

Attached Files:

9. MN Falcon

MN Falcon

I think that is the same RPU that I have seen in North St Paul a couple of times, if so its a flathead 60

10. Other than being a Ford Flat head? I talked to the guy one time but don't know what year flattie it is. Cool truck

11. OshkoshRob

OshkoshRob
    from Oshkosh

Had a great time also, and managed not to buy a car this year. The Meet and Greet was cool. Can't wait to see the group photo. It was great to put some faces with the names.

12. titus

titus

its a 1940 v8 60, the owner is gary anderson.

JEFF

13. deuces94

deuces94
    BANNED
    from Minnesota

Went today. Best BTT50's I've been to in several years. I saw a lot of really great hot rods and customs and ate way too much good food. Three areas that I might have been a little disappointed with was the amount of flea market crap that's being allowed on the swap meet grounds, the amount of billet vendors selling polished shit that's got nothing to do with traditional '50's hot rods, and the number of $50,000.00 professional built bling machines. God help me if I have to look at one more set of 20" Billets with shitty looking skinny tires on them. Hot Rodding should not have become a competition to see who can spend the most at their favorite builders and should have stayed at home in the garages of true hot-rodders. JMHO

14. Flying Tiger

Flying Tiger
    from Japan

This one's my favorite. I love it. All of your pictures are great. Thanks for sharing.

15. Had a great time! Took my 9yo. son. He's hooked big time. It was cool to meet some of you guys at the meet and greet. All and all a great weekend.

16. MORE

NOTE. 38 BUICK/SEAGRAVE-V12.... I sold him the engine last year:D

Attached Files:

17. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

Speaking of '38 Buicks, there was a sweet Buick business coupe in the swap meet this morning. It appeared to be totally original and was in great condition.

18. Here's Bobwop's Willys and underneath is my Model A.
    [​IMG]

19. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

what is a Buick/Seagrave V-12? I saw two of them this weekend, the one pictured and another in very much smaller car, can't remember what it was and forgot to bring the camera that day. Looked way cool with two dizzys and four coils. What are they out of?

20. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Hey Titus, did you sell the car this weekend?

21. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

my camera sucks so I only took a couple....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The group of guys I was with....
    [​IMG]

22. Here is a ride around the block.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/486dhZTCcjM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/486dhZTCcjM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

23. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

Someone tell me if I am wrong, but I think they are out of old fire trucks.

24. 392HEMI4SPEED

392HEMI4SPEED
    from Wisconsin

I see seesko has a picture of it, I think this is the one you mean.

[​IMG]

I was in town by accident and was able to spend the day there on Friday. Did find an NOS set of chrome ford rims for a Torino project, so that was cool. Awesome show, can't wait to come back, next time with a car hopefully.

25. JRRoberts

JRRoberts
    from Madison WI

correct

26. titus

titus

that willys was the most bad ass car at the show, it was my favorite, im assuming you know the dude that owns it, tell him it was the highlight of the weekend for me to see it, bad ass!

JEFF

27. titus

titus

Nope, i had a guy really interested, and a couple of lookers, but no takers yet, well see, i still have some things to finish up on it, i may have to put it on ebay, i really like it, dont want to sell it but need to get some money to pay off some bills and pay for parts for my other toys!

JEFF

28. elrobo818

elrobo818

nice shots man i dig that red chevy

29. This car belongs to a local guy by me. I know a previous owner that raced it in the 50's and he told me it ran a 15.8 with a flattie.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2009
  30. dirtbag13

dirtbag13