Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ATTN AUSTIN!! Benefit Show at A.S.S Friday June 19 JADE IDOL// minibikes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbleed, Jun 5, 2009.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Those were donated by fellow Yay-Hoo, Joyburt (Joyce Burwell). My sweet little 3 legged pit bull, Lulu, was a little upset that you outbid me on those.:)

2. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Good deal, I wasn't sure who won those. Hope you can put them to good use.

3. superjunkman

superjunkman
    from Austin, TX

I had a great time. It was my first time away from home in the roadster, but she held together fine. I can't stop smiling. Great party.

Thanks guys.

4. DrewDay

DrewDay
    from Austin, Tx

Very good turnout, i got to meet and talk to a lot of different people here on HAMB. The silent auction was especially cool, i picked up the wishbones, the metal flake helmet(that surprisingly actually fit me!) and the caddy valve covers, thanks to those who donated. Let me also say, it probably wouldn't have turned out the same if people on HAMB hadn't offered their help, so thanks to you guys as well as the guys at ASS.
    Drew

5. borndead327

borndead327

drew got my helmet
    awesome
    wheres all the pics to make the out of towners jealous
    a special thanks to a.s.s. for saving me with the timing light
    mark and bob what can i say jade idol rocked
    bbq was rad and the beans to die for
    thanks for the good times austin im proud to call austin home and i hope dammit dave and marks grand dad are doing well
    dave

6. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Lee - glad the dog treats went over well at your house. :) Let me know when you need some more. I make them often.

Buzzard - Lulu has some coming.

7. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

I just want to say THANKS...... it was really really great. The Yay-Hoos and everyone at the shop did such a great job...... thanks so much....... The food was crazy......... it couldn't have been better.

Austin is pretty amazing.

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

Thanks all who helped make this one helluva blowout for one helluva guy. I was genuinely, sincerely blown away by the turnout... awesome.

This pic was taken very early into the evening - there were still some parking spots available at this point!

[​IMG]

9. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

God Bless Austin, Texas U.S.A. and Viva La HAMB!

Thanks, from the Yay-Hoos, for all of the support ya'll showed last night for our good buddy Diamond Damnit Dave. Or is it Damnit Diamond Dave?

I'm not sure how the night could have been any better. The breeze even helped keep the temp. down a couple of degrees to just below sweltering.

Thanks to everybody that donated and bid in the Silent Auction. I knew there was going to be some good stuff, but the Jimmie Vaughan Fender personally autographed to the winner was over the top.

Thanks to Rocco for organizing the auction, Lux Blue for cooking, my fellow Yay-Hoos for manning the gate, the Jade Idol for a great set of music, and Joyo and all of the guys at ASS for everything they did to help make this happen.

And now to the food: Uh, holy crap, that was some damn fine brisket! I can't believe how many people stepped up to bring food and supplies. Thanks to all of ya'll. And remember to eat at Rockin' Tomato and Sugar Star Cupcakes if you ever get hungry again after all that eating last night.

I know I'm forgeting to some folks that I should single out for their contibution. There was a lot of folks involved with making this thing go off so well.

I guess to sum it up, Great Party! I'm sure some pics will show up soon.

10. BLAKE

BLAKE

The rest of the few pics I took...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  11. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

yep great party guys good to see everyone glad daves getting better,

12. 54BOMB

54BOMB

What a fun night, and the food, wow, it was outa site, thanks to everyone who helped out. I wouldnt want to live anywhere else.

13. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

I snagged a few shots later in the night. Sorry, my camera is a piece of crap, but you'll get the idea anyway....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

15. Wesley

Wesley

I am sorry I missed it. I had to go to San Antonio yesterday afternoon to fix one of our crew trucks that wouldnt start to get the crew home. By the time I got home last night the heat had done me in.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

16. Moe

Moe

Let me start by saying … WOW …. This party will go down in the history books, of Austin car events …

Auction + FOOD …. the 60.00 banana pudding, the brisket ect , and the donations were AWSOME !!
    Superb entertainment ….. Bob & Mark ( The Jade Idol ) You guys ROCK !!!!!!
    Super good cause ….. For a “ Dam “ fine friend ….. Dave …

The speed shop crew, the YA-HOO’S , Crush Proof / Lux , ect, ect, ect ..
    ALL did a GREAT job !!!….. Thanks guys ….:D

17. RAY With

RAY With

Well, the best way we can describe the benefit at ASS is a couple of words "Bitchen Success". What a huge turn out to help a fellow rodder in need. Many thanks to all the ASS employees that did so much to make it all go smooth and to Blake and the Yahoos that worked there ass off all evening at the gate and doing tons of PR work. After I made a couple of social blunders getting a couple of names wrong or I should say mixed up (DW and Buzzard) things smoothed out and the evening was great. With a steady flow of cars we did run out of parking but made a couple of moves and were able to make additional room. The lines at the food and auction tables were steady all evening and no one can say there wasn't enough to eat or drink. The band cranked up some time around 9:pM and put on one hell of a show. The place was packed and I saw no one not having a good time. This is the third event Amy and I have made, the first was Austin Rod and Custom show then seeing on the Hamb site of a Meeting of street rods at Dirty Martins and a cruise to follow how could any rodder resist? Now no way could we not make this very worthy cause and now we have three Austin trips under our belts and looking for more at some point. Lucky 13 didi say there was a show at Giddings so f we can get that one in our schedule we will make it also. We did over 200 pictures last night and here is a few and the rest we will post on http://www.hotrodchat.com/gallery/ but it will take us a little longer to finish the editing. Thanks for all the friend ship and great times at all of our trips to Austin Texas and to all the friendly HAMBERS that help make it all happen.

Attached Files:

18. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

What can I say?? Couldn't have been better. Huge props to everyone that brought food, cooked food, or anything to do with food! Dreddybear and his soon-to-be father in law showed up with a huge cooler full of killer briskets, and even brought warming trays and served all night. Other briskets showed up as well. Lux and his crew showed up with an army of bbq pits, and took care of business! 50 lbs. of ground round from Rockin' Tomato showed up. Insane! I just wanted to say HUGE thanks to everyone for all of their contributions and hard work! Buying kegs and playing rock n roll is easy...........:D

19. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

I am a little tired and a little singed, but all in all, I would do it again. hell, 3 times if that is what it took.

fucking AWESOME.

20. Angy

Angy

Man, what a great photo and a great evening. Thank everyone for all the amazing donations of food and auction items. Mr. Dreddybear and family-to-be were amazing. The brisket was the best I have ever eaten. The hard work and kindness of these folks should not go without mention. I think they stood and cut meat for at least 5 hours NON-STOP.

None of this would have been possible without John, Bob and the entire Austin Speed Shop!!! You guys are the best. Lux, my Yay-hoos, and everyone that pitched in(I know I am forgetting folks), you make me very proud to live in Austin

The most important thing is that Dave is on the mend. We were so happy to see you and get to help out a little. We feel lucky to have you as our friend!!!! Even at 80%:)

Rocco, thank you so much for staying late last night and making things beautiful again!!! Sure made my job easy this morning.

21. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Man I miss Austin and everyone there. I had a great time, great event for an awesome freind. I hate that I had to leave.

22. MissPrint

MissPrint

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

Outrageously delicious mouthwatering food, phenomenal cars, stupendous kick ass band, and most of all. . .some of the most REMARKABLY GENEROUS people it has EVER been my pleasure and honour to be associated with. . .Another round of applause and thanks to everyone involved. . .

For What Its Worth: It continually amazes me how incredible people are here in Austin. I was talking to someone last night, a person who didn't even know Dave and he said, "It doesn't matter if I know him or not. I know his friends. I know these people, and if they're willing to do this for him, he must be a stand-up guy. He's one of our own, and we take care of our own."

Austin Rules.

A few more pics of cars and the folks that make this place so dayum special:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. McTullis

McTullis

Awesome party. I don't know Dave, but I know he has a ton of bad ass friends. Mucho props to Austin Speed Shop, Paul (Dreddybear) and family, Lux, Rockin Tomatos, Yay-hoos and everyone else that made this thing kick ass. Here's a few photos from last nite:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

That was the most amazing night. Austin rules. A bunch of people getting together for a pal and to have a good time, and we of course go all the way! Thanks to everyone for putting this on. You guys all rule. Big thanks to August, my father-in-law to be, for smokin up a shit ton of brisket. Dave, thanks for getting better! I had so much fun last night :D

25. DamnitDave

DamnitDave
    Alliance Vendor

Tiffany and I had a great time last night... We saw so many people we hadn't seen in too long, we met a few extraordinary people we'd never met before, we ate like royalty, saw one of our favorite bands, and most of all we were reminded of what an amazing community of friends we have. Thank you all so much for everything. Here are a few photos Tiffany took last night. We can't thank you all enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll have a doggie bag for Lulu at the next Dog & Duck meet! I just couldn't resist getting those for my goofy mutt.

JoyBurt, I don't know what ya got in there but there's a white German Shepherd sitting next to me that fell in love with 'em last night.

Dave, never met ya but you must be a helluva person to have that many damn good people that are proud to call you their friend!

27. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Let your pooch enjoy them. JoyBurt will make some more for Lulabelle. We still have a few from her last batch.

28. 500LBGorilla

500LBGorilla
    from Austin Tx

GREAT night for a GREAT guy!!

And this is the BEST PICTURE EVER!
    [​IMG]

29. MattStrube

MattStrube

Nice work fellas, it was the perfect destination for the first shake down run.

30. B-Ray

B-Ray

awesome night, great folks all coming together for a good cause "Ditto" to everything everyone else said