Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynstone

flynstone

2. make sure you make a obese one for me!

3. Most definitly your going to have to bust out the XXL for everybody else...including me:rolleyes:

4. iroc

iroc

I'll take 2 of the XL for me 1 L for my son and 1 M for the wife

5. cretin

cretin

6. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Make mine a large Please! And I'll have a window sticker too. How's the design coming? For some reason I'm picturing somethhing along the lines of the 'keep on truckin' logo!?:eek:

Miguel, Idol Racing Service - If I hadn't worked so late Wednesday I would've been there too - just to see if anyone else couldn't wait a whole month!

Where on the boulevard is Tommys? If we all were to eat at the same spot, gas up at the same station - pick a differnt one each time - we'd soon get a lot of support from local merchants, no?

Rick, I almost spat my drink laughing at the thought of everyone being so scared of a stock automatic bug! That's a hell of a reputation!

Bob - Thanks mate, keep the stories coming! Any pics of Frankensqueeze?
    I won't tell anyone, honest! :D

7. cretin

cretin

Tommy's is on Victory Blvd. just West of Van Nuys Blvd. on the North side of the street.

8. No shit! Pretty good "ripple effect" from just one time out. I wonder if there will be more, or less next week. Maybe I'll go and see for myself

Make mine a large.

9. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Sounds like a good biz opportunity!!!!! I bet they would do very well up there.

alan

10. rev106

rev106

On a gereral level, if there are lots of people using the local services I can't see why they would complain. However, if some random citizen logs a complaint (which I doubut) then the police would be forced to act. Most ofthe people in that neighborhood aren't the kind of people that call the cops at the drop of a hat (think if we tried to do this in Calabasas!) I think it would be sound to park on the street south of Burbank Blvd as it's long and very wide, thus we would not be taking up space for shoppers in the Ralph's parking lot. As the thing grows we would sooner or later overstep our bounds. We could have a few parked at the Ralphs, and a few down the other way at the In n' Out, with the rest in between filling the streets with classics. The distance between those two points is around a mile, that should be enough room for now. I tried to get the other van guys to roll with me but they did not want to give up their "spot" in the Rydell parking lot. If we had no "spot" to park in then the cruise aspect would be more natural. Anyway, my two cents.

11. Yeah, some of those van guys were welded to their chairs:confused:

12. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I went down Van Nuys on two wednesdays and two fridays before the cruise about 7:30 in the evening...The street was pretty well vacant. Most businesses are closed and there are no residential dwellings....I agree we have to get people out of the lot and onto the street. The places like KFC, 4n20, Rlaphs deli andthe Mobilmart probably had never done business on the scale of last wednesday...Spread it over the entire route, Jack in the Box, Arby's ,etc and you'll have the local merchants loving it and backing it....Just as long as people don't get stupid....That's what killed it back in the 80's..I think by now we're a little older and wiser and can do a beter job of policing ourselves (went pretty good last week) and keep the LAPD off our backs...Just going to have to constantly remind people....What was it? cruise/cruise/eat/ cruise/ piss/ cruise/ cruise....

13. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Someone is obsessed with FOOD!
    When you've had enough, come and find me...I'm a personal fitness trainer. I'll work your a$$ off!
    Remember, those extra pounds are taking years off of your life!
    :eek:

14. I'll trade tommys for some Q N4 U bbq in clovis ANYDAY!!!!!

15. LiveWire64

LiveWire64

I would like 2 XXL shirts. Decals would be cool. Hope to see everyone there on the 8th.
    I won't be welded to my chair either.LOL,Brad

16. Go back and re-read the T-Shirt requests. MINE'S a Large (I'm 5'10"). Look at all the XL's XXL's, and so on. :cool:
    But, now that you mentioned food, I could go for a snack right now

17. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Medium shirt size in the house! I swear Im not in denial.

18. rev106

rev106

Oh, I'm fit. I own a bicycle shop and ride the spandex off people with 5000 dollar mountain bikes on my old schwinn cruiser.

that's why a medium shirt is what I wear..as long as it's not white they get dirty too fast.

19. Merc63

Merc63

yeah, but those years are at the end of your life and would probably be crappy anyhow...

lol!

20. tonys18t

tonys18t

Count me in for the 8th:cool:

I'll be shooting pics for the English Retro Cars mag, The Brits can't get enough of the car culture out here. Van Nuys is the stuff of myth and legend in Europe.

Its a bit passed the HAMB cutoff, but i'll be in the blackcherry 71 Rivi boattail. ;)

21. mzchevelle

mzchevelle

Groucho - I saw you at Route 66 last Saturday. You're not REALLY the one I'm worried about. I'm sure I could get my arms around you, so you'll be alright! LOL!

22. Cruisin Mooney was all we ever had to do in Tulare-Visalia. I loved it. There were signs saying we weren't supposed to be cruisin, but I never once heard of someone getting in trouble for it.

23. MCM

MCM

XXL for me because I'm a fat bastard
    :p

24. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  25. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

MZCHEVELLE, is that you in the pic? Possibly from a time before you became a fitness trainer??? It does look a little like you...:rolleyes:

Also, if there is any food in this universe that would qualify as to be obsessed over, it would be the Tommy's Breakfast sandwich (everything, with cheese, on an English muffin only, not the hamburger bun)!! I know many people that will not eat Tommy's but will eat the breakfast sandwich (that way). Something about the way it all comes together. Literally and definitely a heart stopper!!!!! One thing is for sure, no one gets out of this (physical) world alive.....Rob

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  26. James Maxwell

James Maxwell
    from So-Cal

Please! No more sweat hog fattie photos, I was trying to eat my lunch...:eek:

27. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

.....I am just trying to get over the notion that those things can be used as cupholders.

Who Knew?

:rolleyes:

alan

28. elrobo818

elrobo818

theres many uses...

but i wouldnt wanna rest beer on THOSE...

sick.

lol

29. alanrw

alanrw
    from SoCal

Somehow, "Hold my beer and watch this...." will never be the same!!!

:eek:

alan

30. I'm sorry, what was that. I was out eating:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.